IGNORED

Josh and Anna's DVD collection

QAF_Rocks

In one of the recent episodes (the one with Mackynzie's haircut) there was a shot of Michael in his baby bouncer in front of Josh and Anna's DVD collection. I paused the screen, but I couldn't read the titles and didn't recognize them by the spines. Does anyone know what titles are in their collection? It looks like they have at least 20-30 DVDs. I'm curious to know whether they are all religious, or if they also watch some secular movies. Josh made a comment about Jurassic Park not too long ago. It sounded like he had seen the film, even though it's certainly not fundie-approved viewing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In one of the recent episodes (the one with Mackynzie's haircut) there was a shot of Michael in his baby bouncer in front of Josh and Anna's DVD collection. I paused the screen, but I couldn't read the titles and didn't recognize them by the spines. Does anyone know what titles are in their collection? It looks like they have at least 20-30 DVDs. I'm curious to know whether they are all religious, or if they also watch some secular movies. Josh made a comment about Jurassic Park not too long ago. It sounded like he had seen the film, even though it's certainly not fundie-approved viewing.

are you kidding? it's about dinosaurs living with humans, like in the Bible!!! /sarcasm

if they can show Fireproof to their kids under 10 (even 15!) where the guy has angry bursts, but it's a religious movie, I can totally see them watch Jurassik Park (at least a censored version) just because it shows dinosaurs and humans together like in the Bible (sic) and in the "museum" they visited.

I didn't see the episode, but now I'm curious. I hope someone finds a screenshot - I'm sure we can identify a few/

They probably do watch some secular movies. This topic makes me wonder if the Maxwell family ever watches movies. At least Josh and Anna do some fun things.

I have it on my itunes. I could get a screen cap but it would be kind of blurry. When I pause it it blurs a little.

They probably do watch some secular movies. This topic makes me wonder if the Maxwell family ever watches movies. At least Josh and Anna do some fun things.

Nope, they did when the older ones were little. Stevie found it to "confusing" so he banned everything on TV. I'll bet they've never even seen footage off 911. :(

See, if they showed Smuggar engaging in somewhat normal activities, like watching non-fundie movies, I might find him less offputting... but yeah, it's always Fireproof, packing for long trips, or pictures of him eating shitty food. Sigh. He comes across as such an uneducated hillbilly.

I have it on my itunes. I could get a screen cap but it would be kind of blurry. When I pause it it blurs a little.

Eh, I'm up for a challenge.

Eh, I'm up for a challenge.

Me too! I'm pretty good at movie stuff, so I might be able to figure some out

When I saw that, I thought immediately of FJ and wondered if we'd get a screenshot and puzzle out some titles. Crack detectives here. ;)

See, if they showed Smuggar engaging in somewhat normal activities, like watching non-fundie movies, I might find him less offputting... but yeah, it's always Fireproof, packing for long trips, or pictures of him eating shitty food. Sigh. He comes across as such an uneducated hillbilly.

To be fair, he IS an uneducated hillbilly, but he might not seem like such a drab ass if he had some non-Kirk Cameron-related fun.

I don't think the Maxwells watch movies for entertainment.. Too much ebil f.u.n.

They don't watch any TV or movies. I doubt they'd even be allowed to see something like Fireproof or Courageous.

Wait, that's not normal? *looks at cabinet full of shitty food* Oh, well, normal is boring, anyway.

Wait, that's not normal? *looks at cabinet full of shitty food* Oh, well, normal is boring, anyway.

Yeah, I eat Kraft Dinner and Smartfood Popcorn and other random shit for dinner too... but I sure as hell don't photograph it and show that fact off to the world.

Also, FYI, I'm a single 27 year old. When I make dinner, I sure as fuck don't feed shit to my parents, or my boyfriend, or my sister.

Smuggar has a family, yet he eats like a 20 year old frat boy.

Yeah, I eat Kraft Dinner and Smartfood Popcorn and other random shit for dinner too... but I sure as hell don't photograph it and show that fact off to the world.

That is one of the joys of living by yourself. We all have those guilty pleasures that the Duggars are not allowed to have as young single adults living on their own.

Oooooh! If someone's got a screencap, I'd love to try and snuff out which movies Smugs and Mrs. Smugs own. :geek:

I'd be down too! I really want to see just how super conservative they are with the whole "Oh we use our tv for educational purposes for Mack"

I can only make out "Flywheel" and "Fireproof"... I watched and rewatched, but most of the shots are only in focus on Michael so even if you rewind and try to catch any others, its hard... although if someone has the HD iTunes version, they may be able to zoom in better. I wasn't going to spend extra for HD (Huge Duggars) haha.

josh_anna_duggar_dvd_collection.jpg

I can only make out "Flywheel" and "Fireproof"... I watched and rewatched, but most of the shots are only in focus on Michael so even if you rewind and try to catch any others, its hard... although if someone has the HD iTunes version, they may be able to zoom in better. I wasn't going to spend extra for HD (Huge Duggars) haha.

I looked up "Flywheel" and here is the synopsis:

Jay Austin wants to sell used cars in the worst way ... and that's exactly how he does business at his dealership. Promising much more than he can ever deliver, he'll do whatever it takes to sell a car. His manipulative ways permeate all of his relationships—even his wife and son know they can't trust him.

But as Jay works on restoring a classic convertible, he begins to see that God is working on restoring him as well. Coming face-to-face with the reality of how he truly conducts himself, Jay Austin begins the ride of his life as he commits to honoring God with his business, his relationships, and his life!

http://www.flywheelthemovie.com/story.php

I looked up "Flywheel" and here is the synopsis:

The first half sounds like Smuggar, the E! True Hollywood Story :D

Archived