IGNORED

Happy to be virgins: Successful, attractive and popular..

doggie

I don't have a problem with this. but reading it I wonder if there is more too it? I mean they are not young anymore and it may be a problem where a man does not want a child in bed. but they may have the prince charming thing going and be pretty disappointed when he does not show up or sex does not turn to magic once married. Only one woman is doing it for god. the article is too long to post so follow the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1nyvLbxPy

Happy to be virgins: Successful, attractive and popular...meet the new breed of women in their prime who have NEVER had sex

They're stylish, eligible women who you’d assume would have their pick of lovers. But the women you’re about to meet share a surprising secret: they are all virgins. They are among a growing number of women who have decided that sex, for all the emphasis placed on it in today’s society, holds no place in their lives. Here they tell ANTONIA HOYLE why they are celibate...

'Intercourse is a line I won't cross until I meet the man I want to commit to for life'

Sisters Miriam and Samantha Babooram grew up in Darlington, County Durham, with parents Harry, a psychiatric nurse, and Sally, a nursery manager, and brother Davey, 30. Miriam, 33, an actress, and Samantha, 27, a cosmetics sales assistant, both live in London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1nz0z1dui

Sorry that I'm not reading the article immediately. But I did have a point to make :lol:

Celibacy is so very different than prolonged virginity by choice. Sometimes women are celibate due to choice or circumstance, but they may have had very healthy and enjoyable sex lives between the sexual draughts. Lots of women in these circumstances masturbate. I do wonder about the perpetual virgins though, how do they deal with sexual dreams and desire? I know the godly ones won't masturbate.

I swear I WiILL read the article when I've got a bit more time.

it seems most of them don't think sex will be good unless they are married. or that they will be lesser beings. But a man dating a 30 to 40 year old and they tell him they are virgins may be a bit much or he may think they have some problems going on or such.

DOGGIE! Don't read the Daily Fail! It's been proven in clinical trials to damage the brain (and probably the heart and genitalia too). Advanced sufferers of Failitus have a tendency to spout right wing bollocks constantly and at the most inappropriate moments. Don't take the risk!

Meh, I don't know. I think there are more people than others realize who are just not that interested in sex. If I met a 30-40 year old who otherwise seemed well-adjusted, it wouldn't even be a blip on my radar if I somehow found out that they were a virgin.

Sorry that I'm not reading the article immediately. But I did have a point to make :lol:

Celibacy is so very different than prolonged virginity by choice. Sometimes women are celibate due to choice or circumstance, but they may have had very healthy and enjoyable sex lives between the sexual draughts. Lots of women in these circumstances masturbate. I do wonder about the perpetual virgins though, how do they deal with sexual dreams and desire? I know the godly ones won't masturbate.

I swear I WiILL read the article when I've got a bit more time.

Haven't read the article yet either. I probably will later too. I'm actually supposed to be working on a brochure for a class. :whistle: But, I am in my early 20s and still a virgin. It's not a point of pride, nor is it a source of concern. It's just how it is. I haven't met anyone yet to not be a virgin. If you are a nun or something, that's normal. The whole tainted woman thing because you may not be a virgin at marriage is sad. I'm quite sure that if I lost my virginity tomorrow I will not be less of a person. I will be the same person and unless I told others, who would know the difference? People make such a big deal over a broken hymen or not. It's really nothing. I don't think my lack of sex yet makes me any better or any less of a person. It's just life.

is virginity somehow associated with tan platform heels?

Although I haven't been a virgin for a long time, I don't really see the big deal out of waiting or deciding to be celibate...but then the Daily Fail makes anything into a story.

I was a virgin until my late 20s. I was madly in love with someone who wasn't the least bit interested in me from 16-19, when all my friends were experimenting. When I finally got over that madness, I thought I'd waited too long to sleep with just anybody, I wanted to be in love. Not Prince Charming or Mr. Right, but I did want feelings involved. Somehow that just didn't happen until I was almost 29. I didn't think I was better than others for it, actually, I was pretty embarrassed about it because I knew a lot of people would think something was wrong with me if they knew. My ex didn't believe me at first when I told him, because I did date, but I always ran before it became too serious. I'm glad I waited, but I still don't tell a lot of people about it because most people think it's strange.

SpeshulTaterTot, I love your avatar!

People like these annoy me. Even though they're virgins, they've built sex into something it's not. When you have sex not all that much changes...you're pretty much still you with a few orgasms thrown in. This is as true for 40 year old career women as it is for 12 year olds that lose it behind the dumpsters.

SpeshulTaterTot, I love your avatar!

People like these annoy me. Even though they're virgins, they've built sex into something it's not. When you have sex not all that much changes...you're pretty much still you with a few orgasms thrown in. This is as true for 40 year old career women as it is for 12 year olds that lose it behind the dumpsters.

Why thank you Mr. Data! :mrgreen:

I know what you mean. I browsed a couple of "older virgin" forums while I still belonged to that group and had nothing to say to most of the women there. One woman who was almost 40 kept talking about "finally becoming a real woman." Yeah... I was very much a real woman as a virgin, thankyouverymuch.

I know what you mean. I browsed a couple of "older virgin" forums while I still belonged to that group and had nothing to say to most of the women there. One woman who was almost 40 kept talking about "finally becoming a real woman." Yeah... I was very much a real woman as a virgin, thankyouverymuch.

Yeah, I feel sorry for those women. I guess it applies to people who've never masturbated/had a sex dream/gotten horny, but they're pretty rare.

I think the article sends a positive message to women that sex is not the end-all and be-all of life and that a fulfilling life can be made for oneself regardless of relationship status. Why in the world, then, did they contradict that message with the photos they chose to accompany it? I mean, the full length photos of the women in dresses and high heels and artificially posed made it seem like they were putting themselves on advertisement! You, too, can have a beautiful virgin of your very own! Very discouraging contrast to the written article.

I don't have a problem with this. but reading it I wonder if there is more too it? I mean they are not young anymore and it may be a problem where a man does not want a child in bed. but they may have the prince charming thing going and be pretty disappointed when he does not show up or sex does not turn to magic once married.

Just because a woman is a virgin, doesn't make her a child.

But, I am in my early 20s and still a virgin. It's not a point of pride, nor is it a source of concern. It's just how it is. I haven't met anyone yet to not be a virgin. If you are a nun or something, that's normal. The whole tainted woman thing because you may not be a virgin at marriage is sad. I'm quite sure that if I lost my virginity tomorrow I will not be less of a person. I will be the same person and unless I told others, who would know the difference? People make such a big deal over a broken hymen or not. It's really nothing. I don't think my lack of sex yet makes me any better or any less of a person. It's just life.

Yeah, this. All of it.

One of the reasons why I enjoy FJ so much is it helps me examine my own paradigms. This is one of those threads.

I appreciate everyones input.

What's the big deal.

Being a virgin doesn't make you a better or worse person. It makes you a person who hasn't had sex. So what. As long as the people concerned like it that way.

Just because a woman is a virgin, doesn't make her a child.

what I mean is in bed she would be a beginner. no not a child that was the wrong term but inexperienced at that age would be a bit strange.

what I mean is in bed she would be a beginner. no not a child that was the wrong term but inexperienced at that age would be a bit strange.

It shouldn't be shameful though, it's just one of those things.

It shouldn't be shameful though, it's just one of those things.

not shameful but pretty awkward at that age.

DOGGIE! Don't read the Daily Fail! It's been proven in clinical trials to damage the brain (and probably the heart and genitalia too). Advanced sufferers of Failitus have a tendency to spout right wing bollocks constantly and at the most inappropriate moments. Don't take the risk!

Certainly with you on that one JFC. Can we say the same for the Daily Express too? And the Torygraph? (Are you ok by the way? I know there were housing problems, and hope you're managing.)

Meh, I don't know. I think there are more people than others realize who are just not that interested in sex. If I met a 30-40 year old who otherwise seemed well-adjusted, it wouldn't even be a blip on my radar if I somehow found out that they were a virgin.

I agree. I think there are far more asexual people out there than we've ever realized. And I'll bet due to social pressures, many of them are in relationships with very frustrated or confused partners. Acknowledging that one can be asexual and still be quite happy and healthy would probably go a long way in preventing that kind of pain, just as the acceptance of gays and lesbians has lessened the number of gay people forcing themselves into heterosexual marriages simply to "fit in" with society's norms.

I found this article disturbing in a lot of ways. First of all, why are they only profiling female virgins? That's lame and, IMO, somewhat sexist. Maybe it isn't so bad considering that the piece seems to be aimed at women, but still.

Second, the whole thing just struck me as...sad. Let me be clear: I don't think there is anything inherently sad about being a virgin at any age. But there are lines in this article that make some of these women sound desperately insecure: "My friends tell me making love is over-rated anyway. They say my toffee brioche pudding is better than sex!" "I don’t want to sound conceited, but friends — both male and female — tell me men don’t approach me because I’m too pretty. I probably seem unattainable..." "I wasn’t brought up a Christian, but I read Dan Brown’s novel Angels And Demons when I was 21, and its theories on Christianity made me question my beliefs. So I went on a course to learn about the faith, and within months I was baptised. Christianity gave me a sense of belonging..." "I’m not going to lie — I look at David Beckham in his underpants and think he’s attractive — but I’ve always managed to quash any impulse to act on my desire." (What the hell does that mean??) "I enjoy myself in other ways. I watch medical dramas and wildlife documentaries, and I do craft work." "This was all in the late Eighties, when the Aids epidemic was prevalent, and I learned to associate casual sex with disease. Remaining a virgin seemed the only way to remain happy and healthy, and from my early teens I vowed to abstain from sex." "If I lost my virginity to a man who then left me, I would feel exploited and fall to pieces." "The cool girls jeered at my jeans and sweatshirts, made jibes about my weight, and laughed at my dancing at the school discos. I started to feel insecure about the way I looked, and hid myself in baggy jumpers. I couldn’t stand the thought of anyone seeing me naked." "I love the sense of freedom and independence being single affords me, and there’s certainly no danger of me ending up bitter and twisted."

The article is called "Happy to be Virgins," but many of these women sound far from happy.

Well men other then fundies don't want anyone to know they are virgins. I mean it is like saying you are a looser. at least that's what I find in men.

Archived