IGNORED

Maxwells Making an Online College

bertiebean

I was thinking about One Ton Ramp and it got me wondering if the Maxwells would ever try to create their own online college - Maxwell University, if you will. It seems like they're really into the basic concept: charge strangers tons of money for bogus 'courses' that don't lead anywhere. Since their tours/speaking engagements seem to be drying up, they'll need to find another way of raking in the dough. I see it starting off as them peddling videos/DVDs of their 'seminars', then developing into a larger internet-based system. Just think of all the wonderful things they could teach us! I, for one, can't wait to sign up for Death & Burning in Hell 101. What do you think the odds are?

I don't think the Maxwells will create an online college. I don't think any of their kids have any education beyond some on-the-job training after high school, and that's just the boys. The girls stop after high school. This may or may not be correct, but I still don't see an online Maxwell U in the cards.

Though it wouldn't be too difficult, any Tom/Dick/Harry can start up a Bible college, it may never get accredited but hey, it's not like fundies want ebil librulz accrediting anything anyway :roll:

Curiosity question: how did bertiebean get to make a new thread with a post count of just 20?

I was on the old board & never got my posts transferred?

Anyway, hypothetically, if the Maxwells were to have an absurd online school, what course would you take? Nonsensical Syntax, Cooking with Siblings, or Communicating with the Elderly?

Hmmm. I don't know if they'd want to do a full on Maxwell COLLEGE, necessarily, but it does make me wonder if they'd ever try selling an online version of their usual dog and pony show.

It would save wear and tear on the bus, not to mention the gas money, and they could sell it as being new and modern for 2012 or whatever it is. I've never been to one of their conferences, but from photos I've found online (just googling the HELL out of "maxwell conference" and following trail after trail) it seems they pretty much just stand in the front of a room giving a powerpoint presentation like at any other business conference, only with more Jesus.

Obviously they'd want to make the performances a one-time non-recorded scheduled thing to prevent people torrenting it, but... (1) Vision Forum runs plenty of these things and manages to squeeze money out of it, and (2) the Maxwells themselves managed to broadcast Christopher's wedding, so they're not completely inept.

(I will admit I watched that wedding live - I will never forget it. Death talk at a wedding! Death talk taking up the majority of talk at the wedding!)

I MIGHT actually fork over a few $$ to watch a session if it were online. I'd need a beer and popcorn.

If they taught some other classes, in all sincerity I might be interested in Cooking with Siblings (do we get to cook with John? :D) if they make that turtle cheesecake.

Guest Anonymous

(I will admit I watched that wedding live - I will never forget it. Death talk at a wedding! Death talk taking up the majority of talk at the wedding!)

That was the weekend I delurked to join in the FJ fun. :lol:

The Maxwells are to "anti-College" to start a "college". I could, however, see them doing more web training classes similar to One Ton Off Ramp. I can just see them:

Cooking for Young Ladies with Anna

Sewing Tips with Mary

How to polish kitchen cabinets with Sarah

How to properly stack firewood with Jesse

Archived