IGNORED

Defining Manliness

AnnieC 305

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She is a female and her avatar is from Dr. Who. :roll:

Is that why she's thinks I'm a man? She's stupider than I thought because, by that logic, she's a pastry.

Maybe if you weren't so sexist, you wouldn't pick up the wrong gender vibes.

Nah. I have a feeling the vibes were correct coming from you, even though you're a woman.

Nah. I have a feeling the vibes were correct coming from you, even though you're a woman.

What does that even mean?

I have a sneaking suspicion you've known all along that I was a woman and you just think I'm going to get insulted at being mistaken for a man. I'll save you the trouble- I'm not. I'm all about gender equality, meaning I think a woman is just as good as a man AND a man is just as good as a woman.

Off topic, but what's a meme. I've been seeing that word a lot lately.

Since Wikipedia apparently doesn't exist where you are:

An Internet meme is an idea that is propagated through the World Wide Web. The idea may take the form of a hyperlink, video, picture, website, hashtag, or just a word or phrase, such as intentionally misspelling the word "more" as "moar" or "the" as "teh". The meme may spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, news sources, or other web-based services. An Internet meme may stay the same or may evolve over time, by chance or through commentary, imitations, parody, or by incorporating news accounts about itself. Internet memes can evolve and spread extremely rapidly, sometimes reaching world-wide popularity within a few days. Internet memes usually are formed from some social interaction (Rage comic or reaction faces), pop culture reference (Xzibit in "Yo Dawg" or Bear Grylls in "Better drink my own piss"), or situation people often find themselves in (Socially Awkward Penguin or Futurama Fry / Not Sure If X). For researchers it's hard to track down the birthplace of memes due to their viral nature, as well as the high chance of the meme spreading to the major websites nearly instantly.

What does that even mean?

I have a sneaking suspicion you've known all along that I was a woman and you just think I'm going to get insulted at being mistaken for a man. I'll save you the trouble- I'm not. I'm all about gender equality, meaning I think a woman is just as good as a man AND a man is just as good as a woman.

Honestly, no. I really thought you were a guy. You come off like a tough guy in your posts, in my opinion.

Honestly, no. I really thought you were a guy. You come off like a tough guy in your posts, in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't know what "tough guy" means either. Since you don't know "meme", I doubt you know Internet Tough Guy (which wouldn't apply since I'm not claiming to know 4 kinds of martial arts and to be able to kill with my bare hands) What's the noticeable difference between a "tough guy" and "tough gal"?

P.S. And I still don't believe you didn't know I was a woman. Not in the least because, over in chatter, I related being mistaken for a little girl in a thread you started.

P.S. And I still don't believe you didn't know I was a woman. Not in the least because, over in chatter, I related being mistaken for a little girl in a thread you started.

I really didn't know. I didn't read anything like that in the other thread. I may be sexist, but I'm not a liar. After a while, you'll see I say it like I mean it, no need to lie about anything.

Discovery learning. Try it. You won't look like a fool.

:lol: Looking like a fool is the least of my concerns, at least here. But I'll take your advice under consideration for future reference.

I really didn't know. I didn't read anything like that in the other thread.

From the other thread:

I have the same problem. I'm really short and have a very round face, even when I'm skinny (which is... not right now ) A couple years ago I was walking to the car with my mother while we were at her workplace and a co-worker saw us from the smoke break area (about 40 feet from where we were) The next day she kept asking my mother "who was that little girl walking with you yesterday? You don't have grandkids, do you?"

After a while, you'll see

Only if I pay more attention to things than you do.

I'll admit that something about this thread struck me funny. I do have some problems with the "soldiers are the manliest men" stuff, and really the concept of manliness in general. I dunno, I have more thoughts on it all but I'm sick and tired right now and can't express myself very well.

Really sweet picture, though. I love seeing people feeling free to express themselves now that DADT is gone.

My point about defining "Manliness" was in reference to Doug Phillips and his ongoing attempt to define "Manliness" for the entire planet if he could. Based upon my observations of his writings he's a raging homophobe, and the only men he considers more "manly" himself and his sycophants are veterans.

I'm hoping this picture makes his head explode.

Is that why she's thinks I'm a man? She's stupider than I thought because, by that logic, she's a pastry.

coffee nearly hit keyboard just then

very good

Archived