IGNORED

Defining Manliness

AnnieC 305

For Doug and his sycophants and perhaps some of the newbies as well.

<>

Please note that the US Marine in the picture just came back from Iraq. Which means he is far more "manly" than you cowards will ever be.

(Mods, please feel free to more or modify this, I just needed to share.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am often amazed at the immaturity of the fundies who scream the loudest about being manly men. Mark Driscoll couldn't hold a candle to these two men. The soldier has probably dealt with more than they ever will. My sister served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Her strength and courage would put all the fundie men to shame.

One good thing about the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, is that gay and lesbian soldiers are now visible. When someone is invisible it is easy to deny their worth.

I am often amazed at the immaturity of the fundies who scream the loudest about being manly men. Mark Driscoll couldn't hold a candle to these two men. The soldier has probably dealt with more than they ever will. My sister served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Her strength and courage would put all the fundie men to shame.

One good thing about the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, is that gay and lesbian soldiers are now visible. When someone is invisible it is easy to deny their worth.

QFT.

For Doug and his sycophants and perhaps some of the newbies as well.

<>

Please note that the US Marine in the picture just came back from Iraq. Which means he is far more "manly" than you cowards will ever be.

(Mods, please feel free to more or modify this, I just needed to share.)

Where is this picture from? I love it!

I like this one: [attachment=0]gay marriage victory.jpg[/attachment]

I remember seeing the picture of this family before. Very sweet and inspiring picture.

Great pictures!

Has anyone defined "manliness" as posed in the title? One of the funniest conversations I ever heard was between a bunch of gay men arguing over that very definition. From the pictures, I gather you feel manliness simply means being who you are?? Is there more of a definition? I'm asking because, as a straight woman, I have my own personal definition of manliness.

These are wonderful, wonderful pictures that make my heart happy. :D

I'll never understand how anyone can be against real love in any of it's amazing forms. :(

And I'm guessing it's as full of shit as you are.

Christ, I can't even have my own definition of what manliness means to me?? It has to be the same as YOUR definition?

Christ, I can't even have my own definition of what manliness means to me?? It has to be the same as YOUR definition?

You can have your own definition of what manliness means. Just as, if it's as sexist and stupid as I assume it is, I can give you my opinion of how sexist and stupid it is. You're allowed your opinion, just as I'm allowed my opinion of your opinion.

Ha! I get you. You're afraid my definition won't match you and you'll feel insecure about your own manliness. Ok. Well, let's see. Do you look like Matthew McCaunaghy? Bod and face?

Ha! I get you. You're afraid my definition won't match you and you'll feel insecure about your own manliness. Ok. Well, let's see. Do you look like Matthew McCaunaghy? Bod and face?

1zwes6o.png

Archived