IGNORED

New to FJ & my own encounter with a fundie

Guest geniebelle

Guest Anonymous

Hey...I'm geniebelle6901 from the TLC forums. I kept seeing references to FJ and thought I would join y'all (oops..I just gave my redneck self up). Me in a nutshell: I'm from AL, single, no kids unless you count my cat, grew up in a conservative home but not abusive or unusually strict ,conservative Christian (definitely not fundie or fundie lite), pro-life but not anti-choice or anti-birth control, tend to vote Republican but not a single issue voter.

Now for my fundie story. On 4/27 a violent tornado nearly destroyed my community. My family and I survived unharmed, and my house only had minor damage. As we were helping to get to and free those that were trapped, this man and his frumper clad wife suddenly appeared and started preaching. They said that this disaster was God's punishment for our wickedness. UNBELIEVABLE!! :angry-screaming: My neighbor got up in this man's face and said "My wife and son are missing. If you ain't here to help then get your goddamned ass off my property before I take that Bible of yours that you ain't fit to hold and shove it up your ass!" :angry-cussingblack: They let but not before preaching a little more hellfire and damnation. How people can call themselves Christians and act in a very un-Christ like manner just boggles my mind! :?

My neighbor's wife and son were found and only had a few scrapes and bruises.

That was Kelly's heart-shaped tornado!

One of our favorite bloggers is Kelly from Generation Cedar, who was one of three (3) families helped out by Vision Forum's massive relief effort. She blogged about how she had been so blessed by the tornado and how she didn't need any of the nasty government cheese handed out by FEMA.

Guest Anonymous

Blessed by a tornado? How is a monster from Hell that descends from the sky and causes death and destruction a blessing?

EDITED: Didn't read all of FloraPoste's reply.

Well, she got a new home out of the deal. And no one in her family was injured or killed. Silly., if the tornado made you suffer, you obviously deserved it. :roll:

I, too, love your neighbor's response!

We also experienced a natural disaster in Spetember of last year when the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee dumped over 11 inches of rain on our area in two days. Although our home was built up off the ground by at least 4 feet, we still got 3 feet of water in the first floor. Luckily for us, we had a two story house, so we still had most of our clothes, but some of our neighbors who had one story homes lost everything. :(

Interestingly, my aunt and uncle's church was inundated by at least 8 feet of water. (It's in the same general area as my home.) As they are definitely extremely conservative (we call them the hypochristians), I'm curious to know what the fundies would say about the church being so badly damaged. Surely, the Lord loves THEM!

I, too, love your neighbor's response!

We also experienced a natural disaster in Spetember of last year when the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee dumped over 11 inches of rain on our area in two days. Although our home was built up off the ground by at least 4 feet, we still got 3 feet of water in the first floor. Luckily for us, we had a two story house, so we still had most of our clothes, but some of our neighbors who had one story homes lost everything. :(

Interestingly, my aunt and uncle's church was inundated by at least 8 feet of water. (It's in the same general area as my home.) As they are definitely extremely conservative (we call them the hypochristians), I'm curious to know what the fundies would say about the church being so badly damaged. Surely, the Lord loves THEM!

God's just testing their faith, of course, just like when He sends all those hurricanes, tornadoes, a FUCKING EARTHQUAKE, oh and a couple of wildfires to my town :roll:

BTW, in my county the churches outnumber the schools 4 to one. And to be fair, the earthquake didn't cause much damage at all, since my town was a ways away from the epicenter (Virginia, of all fucking places).

It depends, do they use the King James Version of the Bible? If not, the Lord doesn't love them. :shock:

As a matter of fact, they do use the King James!

In that case there must have been sin in the camp for such a thing to happen.

Archived