IGNORED

Facebooker wants to court a Duggar

SpeakNow

I'm willing to think he's more naive than creepy. If he's been taught at the SOTDRT, and only allowed limited Internet access, and thus doesn't know how to search for a more discreet way of approaching the Duggars, I can see how he might think FB is the way to do it.

Had he named which daughter he was interested in, and gone on about how God "laid it on his heart" that she was the one for him, and that he should approach her parents on Facebook to ask permission to court? Holy creepsauce, Batman!

Sure, he very well could be just another creeper. But fundie courtship culture has so much ambient creepiness to it already, this sort of weird and inappropriate approach almost makes sense.

1. All that schooling, clearly way too worldly.

2. He wrote to Mrs. Duggar, he's clearly not been properly trained as a patriarch.

The Duggars should have a Bachelor-type courtship show for Jana. Get all the creepers they can find in one house, make them pray day and night, getting up at least once an hour for prayer (since they can't use alcohol to bring out the crazy.) Instead of going on dates with Jana they go out w/ JB. Think of all the work he could have them do! Cleaning out rental houses, fixing cars, lawn care and general maintenance. Then candlelight dinners where he discusses the proper role of a patriarch. The high point of the show will be the guys getting a glimpse of Jana and the other J'slaves knees. And in the end, no proposal, because none of the are good enough. Now that'd be a show worth watching ;)

Haha is this what Josh did?

"Dear Mrs. Keller,

Ive been watching Anna for awhile. I love her smile,I love her skirts,the way she pronounces the word "and". Oh,and I love her hands. They're so beautiful. I would love to hold them as we go have sweet fellowship with other families as large as mine. Im sure she'll be a great mother one day. In fact,if she marries me,I can guarantee she'll have a whole bushel full of them. My sisters need a friend and someone to help them cook tater tot casserole and lemon bars. I would love to taste her chickenetti. Please reply. All the other fundie girls are too good to be married into my family. She's my only hope.

Eagerly looking forward to our wedding night,even though Im not exactly sure what's going to happen but God will take care of it,

Joshua Duggar

"

Um, fail. Everyone knows you have your dad do the dirty work. Helps to know Jim Bob too. My guess is it's easier if you're from fundie royalty or say, you're one of the Wissmans...

He posted on the main page as well

Dustin Grussing

I was wondering if this site was truly the Duggars site? If not could you please get this message to Mr. and Mrs. Duggar? It would be a blessing to me if you could do so? She has been on my heart for about 4 yrs now and I have been praying everyday for the courage to do this as well. Thank you.

dianne, of course, sent him a PM and he said he was posting on Amy's page as well. His page has been around for a while so I dont think he's a fake... which is kinda sad...

Everything else aside, the fact that he used "have went" is the deal breaker for me.

Yup. No way this chap has a college degree, as he claims. Even the science teachers (or the GSIs grading the papers) know "have went" is not proper English on EITHER side of the pond.

OMG, Crazy Duggar girl stalker lives about 25 miles from ME!!! My oldest Step-daughter grew up/lives in the same town as him, I will have to see if she knows him, they are about the same age!

M.

Creepy

Apparently correct spelling wasn't required at this college. I'm not sure what licensed in CPR means. Normally one is certified in CPR, not licensed. I have no clue what the Dr. and Nurse Certified means. And a Respritory Therapist? OK.

Haha is this what Josh did?

"Dear Mrs. Keller,

Ive been watching Anna for awhile. I love her smile,I love her skirts,the way she pronounces the word "and". Oh,and I love her hands. They're so beautiful. I would love to hold them as we go have sweet fellowship with other families as large as mine. Im sure she'll be a great mother one day. In fact,if she marries me,I can guarantee she'll have a whole bushel full of them. My sisters need a friend and someone to help them cook tater tot casserole and lemon bars. I would love to taste her chickenetti. Please reply. All the other fundie girls are too good to be married into my family. She's my only hope.

Eagerly looking forward to our wedding night,even though Im not exactly sure what's going to happen but God will take care of it,

Joshua Duggar

"

That just sounds SO dirty!!

This guy sounds similar to someone who wanted to meet me, many years ago!

About 20 years ago, my father reconnected with his bar mitzvah tutor. Back in the day, the tutor was a student at Yeshiva University. He went on to become an Orthodox Rabbi. Anyhow, one Thanksgiving someone asked him who his first bar mitzvah student was, and he immediately remembered my father (it had been 50 years). He tracked him down and called to say hello. They started meeting for lunch and renewed their friendship. Of course, they spoke about their children: my father mentioned his single, attorney daughter (me) and HK mentioned his single "accountant" son. My father asked if he could give HK my phone number for his son. I said okay, and within hours a strange, strange man called me.

It turns out he was an auditor for the City of NY (I just googled him and now he's an administrative asst for City of NY), not an accountant, and although that was his paying job, he was also a rabbi (he assisted his father). From conversation #1, I was not interested in the guy -- he was creepy -- but he wanted to fly from NY to Fla to meet me. I told him that wouldn't be a good idea. I told him I was applying to rabbinical school, which is a huge no-no for Orthodox Jews. He told me that was cool and we'd work out any differences. I told him I couldn't speak and had to go.

He called again a few days later, late at night and wouldn't hang up. The phone kept ringing and ringing. This was back before caller ID and answering machines. I finally answered the phone. I pretended he woke me and told him I couldn't speak. I told him I had company, male company. He still wanted to chat! I hung up.

A day or two later, I received a card from him. He signed it LOVE, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name. I ignored the card. About a week later, I received a letter from him. It looked like a third grader wrote it and was covered with highlighting and hearts. He told me he was buying a plane ticket to come see me (after I had told him no multiple times)! He included a photo of himself and signed the letter: Passionately, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name. The love letter included a photo (from a photo booth). He was pasty white, had a bowl cut with uneven bangs, his tie was crooked, etc. He looked so pathetic it was funny. My brother-in-law showed up at my law office right after I received the card (I think my father had given his friend, creepy guy's father, my business card), and I accused my brother-in-law of writing/highlighting the letter and enclosing a pic of a creepy-looking guy. But no, it was really from APK, the creepy guy in NY.

At a family dinner the next week, my cousin was making fun of someone and I said that person could not be half as pathetic as APK. Everyone thought I was being mean to some poor guy, so I went out to my car and retrieved the highlighted envelope, letter, and photo. Everyone had a huge laugh, passing them around the table. Then my father called his friend and told him that his son had to stop calling & writing me!

Hey, Joshie, please tell your parents not to set up your sisters with creepy Dustin!

"Wanna-be persistant suitors" like yours (but I call them stalkers-in-training) are creepy, annoying and a pest. Our culture puts so much emphasis on persistence, with tons of romantic movies in which the lead character runs after the object of his-her affection : notice when said character is male he ends up "winning" the woman (like in "The Graduate", a creepy film if there is one) but when it's a female she ends up dead ("Fatal Attraction").

Some think that acting like that is cute...Um, no. :naughty:

I once dated an abuser and he called me 5 times the night that he met me; yup, I shouldn't have fallen in his trap but what can you do. At least I learned what I don't want in a relationship...

Yeah, that Dustin guy gives up major scary vibes.

I believe children are blessings to and I would LOVE to have 20 kids someday!

He will be rejected. 20 kids? That would outdo Michelle. No way would he be acceptable.

I think it's hilarious. He's been praying about it and says that God led him to this. Who is Jim Bob to say no? Sorry Boob, but since you don't know where God leads people, you can't say no. Oh well. Let the courting commence.

1. All that schooling, clearly way too worldly.

2. He wrote to Mrs. Duggar, he's clearly not been properly trained as a patriarch.

The Duggars should have a Bachelor-type courtship show for Jana. Get all the creepers they can find in one house, make them pray day and night, getting up at least once an hour for prayer (since they can't use alcohol to bring out the crazy.) Instead of going on dates with Jana they go out w/ JB. Think of all the work he could have them do! Cleaning out rental houses, fixing cars, lawn care and general maintenance. Then candlelight dinners where he discusses the proper role of a patriarch. The high point of the show will be the guys getting a glimpse of Jana and the other J'slaves knees. And in the end, no proposal, because none of the are good enough. Now that'd be a show worth watching ;)

How old is Jana? Is there a point at which you're a spinster and they put you out to pasture? Or are you up for grabs until someone gets you?

Will they let the younger girls court before Jana is married off?

I know I'm one of the evil agnostics and everything, but I'm still pretty much a bleeding heart* (yes fundies, I *do* have a heart!), and oh man, I'm feeling serious secondhand embarrassment for this kid ("this kid" being less than a year younger than me). It's just so awkward. He clearly hasn't been taught the first thing about normal social interaction.

*I originally typed this phrase as "breeding heart," and was subsequently horrified.

[attachment=0]wow embarassing.PNG[/attachment]

Wow... look at that guy's response. He is so clueless I feel sorry for him too.

(I changed pictures for everyone involved in the conversation because I respect their privacy.)

I feel more sorry for Jana though. This guy wants her to be his baby-making machine. That doesn't sound romantic at all.

He states he wants 20 children. It sounds like he chooses her because of the über-fertility in the Duggars family.

I don't know if I could accept a guy who was only interested in the feats of strength my uterus could perform. Run, Jana, run!

eh, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy really could care less about popping out 20 kids. Chances are he is only saying this stuff cause he thinks it is what Ma and Pa Duggar want to hear. Though I highly doubt this is swinging in his favor at all. Chances are unless you run in their tight inner circle, you have no chance.

Archived