IGNORED

Duggars pushed out by Sorority Girls

holierthanyou

So at least for tonight, it appears that 'Sorority Girls' has taken over the normal time slot for 19kac.

While Sorority Girls appears to be far from classy/thought provoking, the wardrobe is balancing out all those years of frumpers we had to view when TLC was doing the Duggar specials.

Damn, and I thought a sorority had bought out the Duggar compound! Defrauding all around! (Never heard of the Sorority Girls show. It does sound like a work of genius though. (*sarcasm*))

With all these religious (fundie) reality tv shows coming out on TLC, they should re-name their channel. They should rename it to...:

TR(F)RC

It's about a group of Sorority Girls that go over to England to start the first sorority in the country, and they put the pledges through various competitions.

I've only seen about 5 minutes of the show and it already gets my blood pressure up. Way to feed the sorority stereotype, TLC.

I've only seen about 5 minutes of the show and it already gets my blood pressure up. Way to feed the sorority stereotype, TLC.

I lasted about 4 minutes. It's pretty dreadful.

I'm really surprised national even allowed them to do something like this. Apparently they're revealing all kinds of secret stuff. Rituals, songs...it's crazy.

I'm really surprised national even allowed them to do something like this. Apparently they're revealing all kinds of secret stuff. Rituals, songs...it's crazy.

So, is it like the Quiverfull/ATI/VF answer to the Freemasons like the Knights of Columbus is in the Fundie World? *is a semi-secrety society geek*

Btw, I love your Snape avatar. IMO, he's much sexier than Alan Rickman. /sarcasm.

So, is it like the Quiverfull/ATI/VF answer to the Freemasons like the Knights of Columbus is in the Fundie World? *is a semi-secrety society geek*

Btw, I love your Snape avatar. IMO, he's much sexier than Alan Rickman. /sarcasm.

Haha, I'm kind of confused by your question. Sororities aren't related at all to ATI/Quiverfull or anything like that.

Thanks! :] I plan on cross-stitching it up and framing it one day.

All hail Alan Rickman!

Haha, I'm kind of confused by your question. Sororities aren't related at all to ATI/Quiverfull or anything like that.

All hail Alan Rickman!

You have answered my question perfectly. I guess I should've been more clearer when asking it though. D'oh! :doh:

You know, I'd like to see the J'slaves replaced by real sorority girls.

Actually, just replace all the Duggar kids with sorority girls and frat boys, and see how JimBoob and Jichelle react.

Hilarity will ensue.

You know, I'd like to see the J'slaves replaced by real sorority girls.

Actually, just replace all the Duggar kids with sorority girls and frat boys, and see how JimBoob and Jichelle react.

I don't think they'll notice, as long as the count comes out correctly. Jordyn who?

In fact, my retirement plan is to move in with the Duggars and be J'Audrey. That mushy tater-tot casserole is going to rock once my taste buds go dead.

THis doesn't make sense. The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic Mens Organization. Not Fundie at all. Mostly, they get together a drink beer, hold pancake breakfasts, fish frys, and do ProLife and Charity stuff.

I didn't watch this show last night. This isn't the first reality show about soriority girls. Back in 2002 and 2003, MTV had a show called Sorority Life and then a spin-off Fraternity Life.

THis doesn't make sense. The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic Mens Organization. Not Fundie at all. Mostly, they get together a drink beer, hold pancake breakfasts, fish frys, and do ProLife and Charity stuff.

That's true, and one example of charity has been working with fundies and the Mormon church to get gay marriages banned by working to get things like California's Prop 8 passed.

All hail Alan Rickman!

O/T If you ever do make a cross stitch pattern for it please be kind and share it with all the member of the St. Alan Church. :pray: :whistle:

They made up the sorority? All that blather about what it takes to be a "Sigma Gamma" and it's all just made up?

um, not that I watched it or anything. I mean, I wouldn't, you know? but it was on tv and I fell asleep and woke up and it was on. yeah. that's it.

Bottom line: a truly heinous show. Makes the Duggars look like an epic.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, the five US Sorority Girls came from different Universities and Sororities across the US. And although the show was about setting up a sorority at Leeds Uni, the TV company were actually banned from being on campus because it conflicts with their inclusiveness policy. So pretty much a load of crap all round.....

Thanks for explaining it to me. I originally thought that since the Catholic church didn't want its member to also be FreeMasons, that The Knights of Columbus was their answer to make to this. *honestly didn't know* :oops:

Archived