IGNORED

Where do they get the frumpers?

Juliakitty

Don't buy from Ringger. I bought something from them, because it looks so nice on the computer, and when I got it it was the cheapest, stiffest, super-thick denim you could imagine. The button holes looked like crap.

Same too here re jumper/sweater confusion (I'm from the UK). I had to lurk moar before I realised a jumper was a pinafore or a tunic.

I don't get this fetish for the 1850's. You can be modest without dressing like you are from the pioneer days. And what's with the hideous calico and floral prints, and the puffed sleeves?

Thanks for all the links. I will never get the hour I spent looking at them back, lol :-)

This site also offers washable menstrual pads. Sorry, but the greatest invention since sliced bread is the tampon. FREEDOM!

An even better invention? The Keeper! FREE FREEDOM (after you buy the product, you never have to buy another one).

I found long jumpers like this about 10 years ago at a store called "Petite Sophisticate". They were made out of a very nice washable fabric that looks like suede. I came to my senses, and had them all shortened to mini dresses.

...I'll wear them w/ a jaunty cap, and walk w/ a clickity-click of my heels.

Haha, my mom used to shop at Petite Sophisticate all the time! Not for frumpers, just for general clothes. And she would make me shop there, too.

An even better invention? The Keeper! FREE FREEDOM (after you buy the product, you never have to buy another one).

Is that like a Diva Cup?

Now that we're completely off topic: the most hilarious review of a Diva Cup ever. Bonus? It mentions the Duggars.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R39TB4HUVK8Z6

That review is funny but factually iffy. Your hips are more widespread at 30 than at 13, so of course the sizing is different. Think of your hip size when you were 13, then at 18, and then at 30...even if the size isn't different, the spread and distribution of where you carry your weight probably is. Plus sex, which you've probably had before you were 30 but could help contribute to shifts.

The biggest mistake people I know have made with the cup (and yes, we discuss it fairly frequently, since tampons/pads are so dreadful) is first time users trying to insert it LIKE a tampon, putting it up near the cervix, when its actually meant to hang out pretty low in the vaginal canal. If you put it up too far it will be hell to get out, but the directions pretty clearly state this, as does a google.

/end information for people considering it but turned off by the review.

LMAO!

I linked it to my boyfriend...he read it outloud...it sent his roommate crying to his room!

I'm still laughing... in between sending it to everyone I know!!!

You are joking right??

No, not really. For the Amish, Mennonites, and other super modest, if you picked beautiful satiny fabric with some sort of embroidery (or Amish version of 'bling'), then it would be beautiful, but in keeping w their beliefs.

Is that like a Diva Cup?

Yes, but without the ridiculous name. Also, it's not as long, so it fits lots of women better. TMI, I know.

Archived