IGNORED

Somehow Brantley Disharoon Still Involved With Vision Forum

debrand

At the very least, she knows. Maybe he was an abuse survivor. Maybe it's the thing he regrets more than anything in his life. Maybe he truly has changed. Maybe he hasn't. Either way, it's important that she knows it happened, before she marries him. It doesn't mean she's necessarily wrong to marry him at all (I too think someone who allegedly molests at age 13 is probably a victim himself) since I don't discount the possibility that he's changed (nor do I embrace and fully believe it).

Still. It's good she knows. If she's going to have children with this man, if he's going to be around children regularly, at least she can be aware of the warning signs. At least she can make sure to talk to her kids about appropriate behavior and hopefully be on the alert for if things seem a little off kilter.

I have no sympathy for pedophiles, but I honestly don't know what one should do if they're attracted to children (outside of obviously, seeking therapy and not molesting children). I've read that most "rehabilitation" attempts fail, and the best you can hope for is perfect self control (because if you slip up you victimize a child). I hope he has sought therapy and worked through his issues - especially as he was so young during the alleged abuse. I am glad she knows. Knowledge of the facts can only ever be a good thing. It can be scary and hurtful and game changing, but in the end, it's always better to know.

Do we know for sure that she is the one who got your message? I wouldn't be surprised if her parents screen her facebook account.

My issue with the whole matter is that there doesn't appear to be any regret, or apology, or attempt to get the abuser the help that he needs. Everything was "brushed under the rug". They attempted to shut people up, and close down our threads so that this issue would just "go away". That's what I think is particularly dangerous about the whole matter. Until this dude gets the help that he needs, and admits to his mistakes (?) he's likely to do this again--since he got away with it before. If the Brantley of the public record, is the same VF Brantley, then I fear for any children he may have with that young women. I would never leave any young children alone in his care, which is likely to happen once he becomes a father.

Has anyone else chafed at the way B.D.'s attorneys delayed the proceedings, and then B.D. claimed he'd not gotten a fair shake because it had taken so long? (Apologies for my incoherence, coffee not ready yet.)

Srsly reminds me of the guy who murdered his parents then threw himself on the mercy of the court because he was an orphan. :angry-tappingfoot:

Can I make a suggestion we remove his last name and just leave an initial? Since he was a minor when it occurred? I realize it's out there and easily accessible, but it would make it easier for his family, who already has proven they will kick up a fuss, not to find it.

Can I make a suggestion we remove his last name and just leave an initial? Since he was a minor when it occurred? I realize it's out there and easily accessible, but it would make it easier for his family, who already has proven they will kick up a fuss, not to find it.

A prudent idea, IMHO.

I thought the point of moving here was to have more control over what we say? I'm not the one who has to deal with it, so I'm not gonna say no if that's what you want.

I thought the point of moving here was to have more control over what we say? I'm not the one who has to deal with it, so I'm not gonna say no if that's what you want.

I am not going to force anyone to do anything. However, yes, I am the one who has to deal with it, and I'd rather not kick a hornet's nest this early in the game. It was merely a suggestion.

Archived