IGNORED

Somehow Brantley Disharoon Still Involved With Vision Forum

debrand

Okay – for those who live near Ashville, Alabama, and would like to help by donating supplies, or with labor efforts, urgent needs are:

Water

Flashlights/batteries

Tarps

Clothing–ALL SIZES

Non-perishable food

Propane tanks

Diapers & wipes

Call or text Brantley Disharoon for more info:

210-314-9096

I’m sure there are other needs (towels, feminine supplies, toilet paper, blankets), so you may want to ask.

Will update you soon on donation opportunities

I found this on Stacey McDonald's page. ladiesagainstfeminism.com/uncategorized/please-pray/

For those who don't know. There is some public information that Brantley was charged with some unsavory activities but for the life of me, I can't remember exactly what. I think that it was child molestation.

Anyway, I forwarded his fiance' the information but never heard from the family. Considering the young man's history, I was surprised that Vision Forum would put him in charge of a something like this.

At least we can discuss it now without it being erased.

Yes, as I recall, he molested a little boy (allegedly), then had his lawyer drag out the court case for years, then got it dropped because it had been so long since the crime.

The record shows that 13-year-old Disharoon was arrested on August 1, 2002, by Paulding County authorities on charges that he committed acts of aggravated sodomy and aggravated sexual battery on a seven-year- old male friend. On August 20, 2002, a bond order was issued, and Disharoon was released from custody after having been incarcerated in the youth detention center for 21 days. As a condition of his bond, Disharoon was prohibited from having contact with any child under the age of 16 unless supervised by an adult over the age of 18. On November 6, 2002, an order was issued, allowing his initial defense counsel to withdraw from representation.

On December 6, 2002, Disharoon was indicted on two counts of aggravated sodomy, two counts of aggravated sexual battery, and four counts of child molestation.

At least we can discuss it now without it being erased.

Yes, as I recall, he molested a little boy (allegedly), then had his lawyer drag out the court case for years, then got it dropped because it had been so long since the crime.

The family must have complained to yuku. I'm glad that we can discuss it now.

Do we have any Jingerites that live near Ashville, AL and would be willing to donate items to "good ole" Brantley----then of course report back to the board about it?

The family must have complained to yuku. I'm glad that we can discuss it now.

Didn't an FJer(s) contact the young woman's family over this to warn them or am I thinking of another whacko?

Austin, I was the person who contacted the young woman. I left a message on her face book account. Apparently, I am naive because I assumed that the family would be happy to receive the information.

Austin, I was the person who contacted the young woman. I left a message on her face book account. Apparently, I am naive because I assumed that the family would be happy to receive the information.

Well, I would have been happy to receive such information if I had a daughter considering marrying a molester. So I must be naive, too. :?

Not only did they NOT break off the engagement, they went to yuku and had the thread erased. Real concerned about their daughters, eh?

Its not like its difficult for this information to get out. A simple google search of his name brings up all the court documents, as the second hit on google. How are they okay with marriage going forward knowing all they do about his man? They are supposed to marry in August, so its almost getting a little late to call it off. Additionally, he pings my gaydar is a MASSIVE way....and my creep-o-meter. Poor girl...

It's never too late to call off a wedding. A cancelled wedding is better than divorce or a lifetime of misery.

Word.

Guest Anonymous

I have mixed feelings about this case, because Brantley was a youngster when the alleged abuse occurred, which suggests to me that he may have been a victim of abuse himself and denied an opportunity to get appropriate help for whatever his problems are, as well as to bring him to justice. Absolutely no reason to sweep things under the carpet though, and things seem very worrying for the future.

On a tangential note, the registry is up and yet another fundie couple is asking for bizarre gifts - tea and coffee this time!

http://couples.weddingchannel.com/coupl ... 577736871&

Interesting that they registered for so many dish towels.

Did anyone else notice that nothing has been bought for them? Not one single item? I noticed that about Josh and Anna's baby wishlist as well. Do fundies not like registries?

I have mixed feelings about this case, because Brantley was a youngster when the alleged abuse occurred, which suggests to me that he may have been a victim of abuse himself and denied an opportunity to get appropriate help for whatever his problems are, as well as to bring him to justice. Absolutely no reason to sweep things under the carpet though, and things seem very worrying for the future.

I don't disagree, but two things strike me directly: 1) the age gap between BD and his victim was relatively large (BD, 13, his victim, 7) and 2) many if not most molesters were molested. The majority do not go on to abuse others.

But I also realize that a 13-year-olds do not have fully-developed brains, especially the areas of the brain where they can weigh actions and consequences and do not believe the guy should be tarred and feathered for time eternal. But given his upbringing, who believes he got the right (any?) kind of help or therapy that he needed to overcome this issue? I doubt it.

I'm kind of uncomfortable with this topic because he was 13 when it happened. I'm not minimizing the seriousness at all -- I am a sexual abuse survivor myself. I am not making excuses and I would be doing everything in my power to discourage my daughter (or my son for that matter) from marrying this guy.

But, what made him do something so bad so young ? Did something happen to him to pervert his sexuality just as he was developing ? It's just so damned sad. As a mother of a son, it makes my heart hurt.

I think it is really sad also, but I am willing to bet that most molesters were victims at some point or are mentally ill in some way. That does not minimize the impact of their crimes or absolve them. I'm glad someone gave the bride a heads-up.

Considering the young man's history, I was surprised that Vision Forum would put him in charge of a something like this.

Hey, if he can star in a movie involving various VF folks, why not collect supplies? Apparently, they think he's hero material!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1878960/fullcredits#cast

(Brantley Harris is Brantley Disharoon)

Didn't the wedding date get moved up?

I don't know. That would be interesting if it had changed.

Yeah, but she didn't care and is still marrying him...

Does she have much of a choice in their world?

Archived