IGNORED

Fundie stuff I do not get

JesusFightClub

Emmie, thanks for your story. Please forgive my ignorance about Judaism if I ask you a few more questions.

You say that with Judaism, you were released from having to strive and follow rules, you were also released from the fear of hell. From what I understand about Judaism, though, there are many rules to follow? Also, what do you believe about life after death?

As for the whole attention whore thing... it's just pretty funny to me. IRL I am not an attention whore by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not what you would describe as shy, but I am definitely introverted. The phrase, "We haven't heard from you yet... what do you think?" is one that I have heard frequently in a small group setting. I don't behave a whole lot differently online than I do IRL. I only jump into the threads, or start threads, when there's a particular interest. I'm not on sixty different threads, I'm not here telling my whole life story, in fact I just now opened up about my anxiety after posting here for an entire month or so. And it wasn't even with the point of drawing attention to myself. I know that I'm a dork with all my crazy fears, and it's something I share with reservations.

Hmm were you that shy fundy that was puffing pot on her second or third post in here? Or was it another shy fundy?

I think you need to own this smilie as your very own

:liar:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm were you that shy fundy that was puffing pot on her second or third post in here? Or was it another shy fundy?

I think you need to own this smilie as your very own

Wow. Too bad I specifically said you would NOT describe me as shy IRL. I said I am introverted. There's a difference.

Wow. Too bad I specifically said you would NOT describe me as shy IRL. I said I am introverted. There's a difference.

Yea most introverted folks I know walk into rooms full of hundreds of strangers and spout off intimate facts about their lives.

So I am an attention whore because I made a joke about pot while in defense mode?

Or, I'm an attention whore because I made the mistake of posting for the first time here w/o doing enuf research first?

Or, I'm an attention whore because I dare to disagree with others here?

Question, you said on one of your other drama filled threads that you still wish you would have been able to delete your account. Why is that since you obviously want to post here? Is it because you wanted to create a new one so nobody would know all the crazy stuff you posted?

Edited because I didn't make any sense.

So I am an attention whore because I made a joke about pot while in defense mode? YesMost of the time you respond to posts you are in 'defense mode'.

Or, I'm an attention whore because I made the mistake of posting for the first time here w/o doing enuf research first?NoYou are an attention whore because of the huge threads you've generated and your refusal to respond to direct questions.

Or, I'm an attention whore because I dare to disagree with others here?NoYou are an attention whore because you keep deflecting conversations so that they are all about you. I've bumped a thread that has many examples of these behaviors of yours. Read it become familiar with what you post.

And really, disagreeing and backing it up with logical well thought out replies is totally different than what you do which is mostly evasive, vague answers.

Thank you for your kind and considerate thread bumping. :roll:

Look, if I am frequently in defense mode while posting, it's because. of. this! I am constantly having to defend myself!

I have directly responded to many, many, many questions. Why don't you bump that? I can't respond to everything. You try being the only person responding to a dozen of other people and tell me how easy it is. By the time I respond to one person, six more questions come up.

I am not going to claim that I have never deflected a conversation without going back and looking at all my conversations. I can however say that I did not deflect this conversation. I merely answered the OP's question from the perspective of someone with some fundy beliefs. I think that three of the four questions were things I said I didn't have a problem with. Wait, no, in my answer to number four I only said that I like rap. But it was only #3, I believe, that I answered spot-on with the other fundies. Everyone clung to that answer and ignored the others. Yet I'm the deflector. Super fair.

Question, you said on one of your other drama filled threads that you still wish you would have been able to delete your account. Why is that since you obviously want to post here? Is it because you wanted to create a new one so nobody would know all the crazy stuff you posted?

Edited because I didn't make any sense.

I think that if I really wanted to create a new account I would just go ahead and do it.

FWIW I'm tired of feeding the pig.

Gasp! Are you flouncing from our conversation? Because that's what I'd be accused of if I decided to stop posting on a thread.

You try being the only person responding to a dozen of other people and tell me how easy it is.

emmiedahl and the other posters who respond to your questions seem to be able to explain their position in one post.

The only people who give vague non-answers are fundies. What conclusions are we to draw but that either you are prohibited or incapable of constructing a logical argument?

emmiedahl and the other posters who respond to your questions seem to be able to explain their position in one post.

The only people who give vague non-answers are fundies. What conclusions are we to draw but that either you are prohibited or incapable of constructing a logical argument?

That's because emmiedahl was responding to me and me only. What if she was trying to respond to a whole bunch of people?

Gasp! Are you flouncing from our conversation? Because that's what I'd be accused of if I decided to stop posting on a thread.

The Hive doesn't flounce chicca.

Your respect level and maturity seem a little off (from my personal experience with born again Christians). I don't know how you want to represent your community here, but I am surprised you aren't putting in an effort for kindness. Shrug.

You may want to pm this member: http://freejinger.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1182. She also likes trying to make threads become all about her. Maybe you could be a private (private!) support group for each other? I don't think it will do either one of you the goodness that real therapy would, but at least it might move you both off the public boards.

I think that if I really wanted to create a new account I would just go ahead and do it.

Try it. You will get banned. Plus, you didn't answer the question. Since you obviously want to post here, why did you say you still wished you would have been able to delete your account.

Your respect level and maturity seem a little off (from my personal experience with born again Christians). I don't know how you want to represent your community here, but I am surprised you aren't putting in an effort for kindness. Shrug.

Yes, you've asked several times on different threads why people like us find your version of Christianity off-putting.

I come here to find out more about people who follow fundamentalist religions - something I don't find attractive myself. What I see: multiple examples of fundies who come here ostensibly to engage in open dialogue, but who either can't or won't engage in an intellectually honest debate. You don't get points for brilliance when you can't answer simple questions. You don't get points for morality for when you are evasive or vague (forms of untruth), however sweet your tone.

I can only conclude that the followers of fundamentalism who post here* are either stupid or immoral.

*ETA - not the people who were once involved in fundamentalist groups, but have actively got away from such cultic denominations - I mean the fundy advocates

Try it. You will get banned. Plus, you didn't answer the question. Since you obviously want to post here, why did you say you still wished you would have been able to delete your account.

If I really said that, then? Who knows. That was a couple of months ago. Although I don't even think I said that. I believe I asked how to delete my account. Upon finding out that I couldn't, I decided to continue to post.

You may want to pm this member: http://freejinger.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1182. She also likes trying to make threads become all about her. Maybe you could be a private (private!) support group for each other? I don't think it will do either one of you the goodness that real therapy would, but at least it might move you both off the public boards.

It's sarcasm. It's pointing out how hypocritical it is that others can say they need to leave a board, for whatever reason, but when I say so I immediately hear the word flounce.

If I really said that, then? Who knows. That was a couple of months ago. Although I don't even think I said that. I believe I asked how to delete my account. Upon finding out that I couldn't, I decided to continue to post.

I asked in the Jubilee thread if you were glad you were not able to delete your account and you replied that, no. Which means that, not that long ago, you still wished you could have deleted your account.

It's sarcasm. It's pointing out how hypocritical it is that others can say they need to leave a board, for whatever reason, but when I say so I immediately hear the word flounce.

To paraphrase St. Patsy, listen up you little bitch troll from hell, I no longer wish to invest any effort into communicating with you. My cat can offer up more intelligent and meaningful conversation than you.

Yes, you've asked several times on different threads why people like us find your version of Christianity off-putting.

I come here to find out more about people who follow fundamentalist religions - something I don't find attractive myself. What I see: multiple examples of fundies who come here ostensibly to engage in open dialogue, but who either can't or won't engage in an intellectually honest debate. You don't get points for brilliance when you can't answer simple questions. You don't get points for morality for when you are evasive or vague (forms of untruth), however sweet your tone.

I can only conclude that the followers of fundamentalism who post here* are either stupid or immoral.

*ETA - not the people who were once involved in fundamentalist groups, but have actively got away from such cultic denominations - I mean the fundy advocates

I don't even have a "version" of Christianity, nor am I part of a cultic denomination. My opinions are my own. I go to a church (two churches, actually), that are not fundy churches. One is more conservative than the other, but they aren't fundy. I agree with what I agree with and I don't with what I don't. Whether we are talking about fundies, liberals, conservatives, VF, Duggars, FJ, or anyone else.

And to get back to the thread topic, do you not see that by voting to take women's rights away when it comes to their bodies, you are setting it up where people can vote to take away rights that you wnat?

Archived