IGNORED

Controversial Opinions?

slh12280

I don't think people should ever get cats and dogs from anywhere except a shelter or rescue.

WORD, sister! DH had a coworker say "I breed shih zhu dogs!" and about LOST.IT. God, I love him.

And, as above, a pedophile is a person who has sexual attraction toward PRE-PUBESCENT humans (girls and/or boys). While other offenders may make the sexual offender registry, it does not mean they are pedophiles. There are dudes on the registry whose offense was urinating in public or having consensual sex in a public place. Sex offender registrant DOES NOT EQUAL pedophile.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masagoroll, you are objectively correct. Hole were better than Nirvana, although they were both great. :dance:

Really, what I meant by "afterwards"...well. I saw a documentary on a mum with seven kids, three of which had a very rare genetic disease she was a carrier for. The youngest and worst affected was seven and had the mind of a baby. She was on 24 hour oxygen and in very serious pain often. The mum set her alarm clock to get up every couple of hours in the night, check her oxygen and her painkilling IV and turn her in the bed (the child will never walk or talk). The day they thought she could almost recognise the difference between two colours, they celebrated.

There were heroic measures to save the child's life when she was born. I believe these should not have occurred and it would have been kinder to find a way to spare her her life. That's a life not worth saving. Not because of any eugenic crap "life unworthy of life" but because this is a child in torment who if she survives will be an adult in torment and who is not capable of experiencing life or her surroundings in any meaningful way. If someone locked a child in a cellar and tortured them for years society would give them the harshest penalty possible. In this case, the people who condemned the child to torture are called "saints" and "devoted".

The mum said she hoped God would send her more "special children".

That's what I meant by "afterwards".

My mum is more hardcore than me. I have my doubts about IVF, but she strongly opposes it. She also opposes adoption whereas I think adoption can work out with dedicated loving parents (however I do agree with her that there are a heck of a lot of associated problems). She says abortion should be the path taken in an unwanted pregnancy and also if people have children with severe special needs she said if it was discovered before birth she would have an abortion and that she would struggle to parent such a child.

Getting into family dynamics here, which may be tedious, my mum is a highly intelligent woman (Mensa level...her IQ is 160) I'm not, my IQ tests out at 82. It's not like she wanted to abort me or get rid of me later on for my lack of smarts ;) Not a eugenics principle.

What horrifies her is also what horrifies me. Severely disabled kids whose only experience of life is pain and hospital appointments. Adopted kids like Justus and Lovelie (that blog caused me sleepless nights) who were seen as devil children for what sounded like slight RAD. I got really sick at that blog putting Justus's face in negative to say he looked angelic but was really demonic. Also the slams at his new and hopefully forever mum.

Rambling on now but I hope some of this makes sense. It's about sparing people destined for horror that experience. Not creating a master race or any such evil shite.

I'm not, my IQ tests out at 82. .

Firstly, I think IQ is a deeply flawed and classist way to measure 'intelligence,' but... 82, really?

Yup! Once it reached the dizzy heights of 95, but that was thought to be an anomaly.

I think that Hole was better than Nirvana. :D

This. :mrgreen: Yes. I'm Courtney's age, but I blast her music, much to the annoyance of my daughter and partner.

JesusFightClub, your housemates are right! Makhno roooolz! :orcs-cheers:

OMG, I finally got my dying laptop to accept this and it was full of love and win. I guess the hand shaking bit was the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk. I am now going to send this to every platformist I know.

God knows they need some happiness in their lives ;)

Archived