IGNORED

Josh's Instagram

chiccy

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no doubts about J&A's happiness. They seem like a loving family. Josh seems very into being a good father, perhaps making up for his upbringing. Josh also looks like he has friends and travels without his parents and siblings. Good for him! For me, the issue is how are they going to sustain themselves when TLC stops filming and the media doesn't give a rat's behind about them. They have become accustomed to receiving money from being on TV. I doubt JimBoob and Mullet will gave any money from the royalties they receive from the books or DVDs to their children. Hopefully, they have a backup plan that doesn't involve Boob and Mullet, Anna getting pregnant, hospital or dentist visits,or trips with the Duggar clan. I think the TLC gravy train is most likely gone, thanks to recent publicity.

As for Anna's version of Chickenetti, IMO she finds the most fattening, disgusting versions of recipes out there to make. If she would go on a healthy food website, she could find a Chickenetti recipe that would cut the carbs and fat by quite a lot and not look like barf in a baking dish. She could learn a lot by watching a cooking show, since she likes to cook so much.

I don't know much about Chickenetti (must be a regional food brand, I assume) but that part about Anna making it made me laugh so much!

It's curious to see what will indeed happen with the "X kids and counting" show with recent news all over the place. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for any new developments. I wonder what new episodes will be about...

So, I was pondering what exactly chickenetti was and apparently, here's the recipe for it.

duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/anna-duggars-chicken-etti-recipe.html

(I'm sorry if someone posted this on free jinger earlier, I'm relatively new to the site, myself)

When I imagined "chickenetti", I imagined a Ramen noodle/chicken recipe or a dinner-in-a-box dinner, but this is just...plain...stomach turning. It's as if a dish was made from a 4-year-old's favorite list of things to eat.

There's now no mystery behind Josh's three year transformation...

One pound of Velveeta?

The kids are going to end up fat as well.

I don't understand why people who believe a woman's place is in the home properly tending to her family don't also focus on teaching their girls how to actually cook.

Processed cheese product, packaged pasta and cans of condensed soup does not constitute a home cooked meal.

One pound of Velveeta?

The kids are going to end up fat as well.

I don't understand why people who believe a woman's place is in the home properly tending to her family don't also focus on teaching their girls how to actually cook.

Processed cheese product, packaged pasta and cans of condensed soup does not constitute a home cooked meal.

Velveeta is really disgusting. I would hardly classify it as cheese to begin with.

I think women can learn how to cook from multiple sources. I've learned to cook more since I've become a vegetarian. I wouldn't eat velveeta if someone pointed a gun to my head. As a side note, it's recipes like these that motivate me to change to a vegan diet.

Chicken spaghetti was a staple in my house growing up, and most of the houses of my friends. :oops: It wasn't made exactly the same way as the Duggar's, but along the same lines (lots of velveeta, cream of chicken soup). Maybe it's a socio-economic situation?

Chicken spaghetti was a staple in my house growing up, and most of the houses of my friends. :oops: It wasn't made exactly the same way as the Duggar's, but along the same lines (lots of velveeta, cream of chicken soup). Maybe it's a socio-economic situation?

I've never heard of it before, but I don't doubt it's cheap and quick and goes a long way. (although I have no idea how much velveeta costs. I just know it's not real cheese.)

I guess when I see girls forced into Little House on the Prairie frocks, I just expect they are also learning to churn their own butter...

Ah, it must be then. I live in Minnesota and I've never heard of it. I bet people who like chickenetti wouldn't really like lutefisk or lefse either. Even though I'm from Minnesota, I don't like lutefisk :(

I've never used a whole pound to make it, but I'm not making enough for 20 people. We use a quarter of the velveeta brick thing? Defining something edible in terms of a "brick" sure does make it seem appealing... :puke-front:

I still think if you are going to push the whole godly homemaker thing, you should make sure you know how to cook! I would make oatmeal for dinner before I made chickenetti. Actually, I think I would make just about anything before I made chickenetti.

Velveeta is really disgusting. I would hardly classify it as cheese to begin with.

I think women can learn how to cook from multiple sources. I've learned to cook more since I've become a vegetarian. I wouldn't eat velveeta if someone pointed a gun to my head. As a side note, it's recipes like these that motivate me to change to a vegan diet.

Do it! Do it! Do it! /hides back in vegan cave :D

more pics of fast food, this time Popeyes!

and also a very politically charged post, I just started a new thread about it... 'josh gets political'

Guest Anonymous
A pound of Velveeta? Wouldn't that clog you up for like, ever? *gag*

Not only that, but it's a truly frightening, fluorescent orange-yellow. I'd be afraid that if my arteries did not congeal first, I could look forward to glowing in the dark instead.

So I'm guessing plain old chicken cacciatore with a side of pasta is a bit to exotic for them huh?

This is the episode where J and A prepare for their wedding, but go to a Fancy Italian Restaurant.

Isn't it cute how they're struggling with the Italian. If my cousin, who studied in Milan, watched this, she would have a hissy fit. :naughty:

Do it! Do it! Do it! /hides back in vegan cave :D

I need to grab my arsenal of Vegan essentials first: A vitamix blender, "Eat Vegan on $4 a day" and an endless supply of kale...

QUICK!! To the vegmobile!! *cue ye olde batman theme*

This is the episode where J and A prepare for their wedding, but go to a Fancy Italian Restaurant.

Isn't it cute how they're struggling with the Italian. If my cousin, who studied in Milan, watched this, she would have a hissy fit. :naughty:

I totally loved the Waiter in that ep, you couldn't ask for a cluey guy who called them out on their bullshit!!! saying that the family was stand-off-ish and how he obviously wouldn't fit onto their bus! The the comments about him moving tantrically lmao! You could tell he was trying to get a reaction from them and give them a run for their money, which I found hilarious.

I LOVE that waiter. "I'll be the one moving uh... tantrically!" Hahaha! "I guess I don't fit on their bus... Which is unfortunate because I like bus seating". Classic! :lol:

I totally loved the Waiter in that ep, you couldn't ask for a cluey guy who called them out on their bullshit!!! saying that the family was stand-off-ish and how he obviously wouldn't fit onto their bus! The the comments about him moving tantrically lmao! You could tell he was trying to get a reaction from them and give them a run for their money, which I found hilarious.

Too bad both of them won't get the joke until they advance more from the knowledge gained from the notorious "mysterious silver package" received the day before their wedding...

Too bad both of them won't get the joke until they advance more from the knowledge gained from the notorious "mysterious silver package" received the day before their wedding...

Josh also says in the same clip that it was hard eating there as they were not used to using glass plates and real glass glasses. So why do they own a massive dishwasher if all they use is paper plates and plastic throw away glasses?

Really, it wouldn't be terribly hard to lighten up that recipe and use not so processed foods. Sub in some whole wheat pasta, use part skim cheese, put in some mashed cauliflower, chuck the cream of chicken soup (we call cream chicken/mushroom soup where I'm from "Lutheran Binder" as all the church cookbooks casseroles has either/or of those soups). You could probably add some non-fat greek yogurt or sour cream to give it a more creamy consistency. I'd have to play around with it, but I'm convinced you can reduce the amount of processed stuff and bad for you stuff and probably come out with something that is tastier and better for your health.

Josh also says in the same clip that it was hard eating there as they were not used to using glass plates and real glass glasses. So why do they own a massive dishwasher if all they use is paper plates and plastic throw away glasses?

That is just sad. I don't think you have to go all out cooking at home every night of the week, but it's good to have a nice dinner every once in the while. Heck, you don't even have to spend much money...I got all my glassware and a lot of my plates from a Goodwill.

Our everyday glasses are actually Mason jars. I buy Classico Sauces, which comes in full-size Mason jars, simply remove the label and run through the dishwasher:instant free glasses! I live in an authentic log cabin, so it fits right into the theme.

That is just sad. I don't think you have to go all out cooking at home every night of the week, but it's good to have a nice dinner every once in the while. Heck, you don't even have to spend much money...I got all my glassware and a lot of my plates from a Goodwill.

I've never understood the Duggars' constant use of disposable everything. I saw some bits of the original specials recently, and Michelle was seriously excited about that industrial dishwasher. She was bragging about how it would do a load of dishes in a couple of minutes, and that they wouldn't have dishpan hands anymore. The only thing I can think of is that they get the paper goods donated, or provided by TLC somehow and thus don't have to pay anything for any of it. It certainly doesn't fit with "buy used and save the difference"...I could never afford to use paper plates/cups every day and my "household" is just my roommate and me.

Archived