IGNORED

Lyndsie and Daniel got another baby ALREADY???

Slt

What happened to the first little girl?

I understand that some of you are bitter, but I sense a lot of overreaction and unnecessary jealousy here. I wish them all the best. I understand the cancer risk, but I'd rather let them have the babies than a LOT of other fundies or even fundy-lites.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that some of you are bitter, but I sense a lot of overreaction and unnecessary jealousy here. I wish them all the best. I understand the cancer risk, but I'd rather let them have the babies than a LOT of other fundies or even fundy-lites.

No.

No.

And perhaps you could explain "necessary jealousy" to me - I wasn't aware jealousy was categorized as necessary/unnecessary.

Wishing them the best is fine. It is also fine to question why people on this board or people known to people on this board who are in much better health/financial situations/age ranges seem to have such trouble adopting, while this couple was able to adopt TWO white babies/newborns in a few months' time. I don't think that's overreaction or jealousy... I don't really know anything about the adoption process and it seems fishy/puzzling even to me.

And perhaps you could explain "necessary jealousy" to me - I wasn't aware jealousy was categorized as necessary/unnecessary.

Wishing them the best is fine. It is also fine to question why people on this board or people known to people on this board who are in much better health/financial situations/age ranges seem to have such trouble adopting, while this couple was able to adopt TWO white babies/newborns in a few months' time. I don't think that's overreaction or jealousy... I don't really know anything about the adoption process and it seems fishy/puzzling even to me.

This. I don't think some of the posters here are jealous. We are just puzzled by L&D managing to adopt two children in less than a year. For me, it is puzzling because Lyndsie and Daniel aren't really in the bracket that could be considered middle-upper class. When Lyndsie had the blog up, there were signs at times that they didn't have a lot of money. They set up the donation fund because they couldn't afford a $1,000 home study. Daniel has only had his job with the government for 2 or 3 years and Lyndsie doesn't work. If Lyndsie wants to be a SAHM, that is fine. But she doesn't have anything to fall back on, if something was to happen Daniel or if he lost his job. I mentioned their adoption buddies' blogs in a previous post and some of those people are in better financial situations to adopt.

What is the difference between them and the others?

AND WTF is with calling us bitter?

I do agree with annalena, I would rather have Lyndsie and Daniel get babies than someone like Kendall or a few other bloggers who are extremely hateful. But at the same time, I still don't think they are in the best financial situation for adoption. Maybe they have focused on saving up for a few years. But the adoptions have happened and I hope they will budget wisely and not end up having financial problems.

Maybe Daniel is spreading his seed and they are taking in his baby mamas babies.

On one of the old threads there were talks of a surrogate. Perhaps that's what happened. I hope they don't keep adopting at this rate. It doesn't seem fair to the children when there are so many other waiting families that are in better place financially and have mothers with less sketchy health. I hope she doesn't get the little girl into pagents. It wouldn't surprise me if she did go that route.

I'm not the least bit bitter or jealous, because I know Lyndsie is in for one hell of a surprise, trying to deal with two children that young. My kids are 3 and 1 and that's exhausting enough, I can't imagine a newborn and a 1 year old, plus her makeup routine every morning.

And I don't think there's any overreaction at all - I think Lyndsie is self centered and selfish and it's also very sad that those babies could end up losing another parent since her cancer doesn't seem to be completely in remission.

All of you who adopted or are trying to adopt, I got a glimpse of the hard work it was as a friend was trying to. The stress of the visits, and the waiting ended up breaking up their couple. I hope you all get what you want the most smoothly possible *hugs*

Seems like being in a fundie lite christian congregation can help the process... we all know how well abstinence-only education works. I hope the birth mothers are all consenting and getting some help too.

I wonder how they got the money...I guess they could have solicited donations from their family and friends in a more private manner so we wouldn't know. But if they couldn't afford to adopt one, how can they get two???? I really hope the birth mother of little Aubrey was told of Lyndsie's real medical status and any other important details. Guess now we know she didn't want a baby at all, she wanted a pretty little doll to dress up named Aubrey and she wouldn't stop until she got it. If she had gotten her Aubrey right away I doubt she would have done it again so quickly. She's probably thinking of all the makeup she can share with her little girl in a few years.

If she's around in a few years. Really, young onset ovarian cancer is highly curable, I've read 95% but obviously with one recurrence already and still with cancer cells in her abdomen she's not one of the 95%. I do not believe any licensed, reputable agency would have let her adopt at all given her recent medical history.

That poor baby already is wearing a pearl bracelet. Hope it was just for the photo.

I feel very bad for the little boy.

I hope she doesn't get the little girl into pagents. It wouldn't surprise me if she did go that route.

OMG, Toddlers and Tiaras, I pray not. That is just plain abuse.

OMG, Toddlers and Tiaras, I pray not. That is just plain abuse.

I concur and I can see her trying anyway.

Oh and both babies are really very pretty. Congrats to them.

Guest Anonymous
I'm not the least bit bitter or jealous, because I know Lyndsie is in for one hell of a surprise, trying to deal with two children that young. My kids are 3 and 1 and that's exhausting enough, I can't imagine a newborn and a 1 year old, plus her makeup routine every morning.

Ha!

What's the story with the first failed adoption? Was it pretty late in the game when it fell through?

Ha!

What's the story with the first failed adoption? Was it pretty late in the game when it fell through?

I believe the adoption fell through two months before the baby's due date. On Lyndsie's blog she said that the birth mom decided to end her dealings with them. The birth mom posted on the old FJ under the name Sunny. Sunny said the reason she stopped the adoption process with Daniel and Lyndsie was because she didn't like their answers to some of her questions. Sunny later chose another couple to adopt her baby.

Ha!

I don't think it fell through late in the game... it was more like Lyndsie acted if she OWNED that baby the minute they got in touch with the birth mother. One week they are desperately looking for a baby, then the blog was closed for a few days and then she opened it and it was just PINK everywhere and they made the announcement by taking photos of Daniel and Lyndsie in pink clothes on the beach, spelling out the baby's name in the sand (if I remeber it correctly). The next week, there was a huge baby shower where they recieved tons of pink monogrammed stuff for Aubrey Ann. They even got a pink monogrammed Bible. It was insane.

Then the birth mother had second thoughts and chose another family to adopt to. She later came here and explained that she felt like Daniel and Lyndsie completely "forgot" the birth mother once they were promised to adopt her baby, and only focused on the baby, acted like the baby was already theirs and so on. And that was the impression I too got after reading Lyndsie's blog.

I said I was jealous, not bitter. How could I be bitter when I was just waiting for my girl? I have exactly the child I was meant to parent. I need to rephrase, and clarify. Posting on meds makes me wacky. And oversharey.

I am envious at the ease that they were able to get healthy infants. I don't enjoy them as internet entities. Mostly, my past self wonders why some people have luck, or God loves them best.

When you are waiting to adopt, yes, there is some jealousy when others seem to get babies so easily. It's like seeing preganant ladies everywhere when youu are trying to conceive.

Normally I think it's really cruel how some birth mothers can promise a child and then pull out at the last second. But after hearing about that woman - writing the baby's name in the sand? Pictures of themselves in pink clothes, monogrammed crap? Yeah, I think I'd pull back my offer too. Those people are so in love with themselves, I don't see how there is much left for the kids. It's like they are their latest toys - like, see my new purse? Ick. Just, ick.

And if they are on one income and took that many professional photos - holy crap, can you imagine what that must have cost? They are probably in debt up to their eyeballs but claiming it's all from God.

I said I was jealous, not bitter. How could I be bitter when I was just waiting for my girl? I have exactly the child I was meant to parent. I need to rephrase, and clarify. Posting on meds makes me wacky. And oversharey.

I am envious at the ease that they were able to get healthy infants. I don't enjoy them as internet entities. Mostly, my past self wonders why some people have luck, or God loves them best.

When you are waiting to adopt, yes, there is some jealousy when others seem to get babies so easily. It's like seeing preganant ladies everywhere when youu are trying to conceive.

Yes, this. When a 40 yo friend conceived on her honeymoon, it felt like her joy was a personal insult, and I knew at the time those feelings were irrational.

I am surprised at how fast she got 2 babies as well.

I wanted to recommend the foster to adopt as a faster way to adopt babies . I have 2 friends who went this route. The first ended up adopting the very first baby she fostered which was a newborn straight from the hospital.The second friend has adopted 5 kids so far, most she got as newborns, some were a little older,but all were infants. The hard thing was the mothers can sometimes still get visitation for a year or so and you have to "share" the baby until parental rights are severed.

Actually, while this might be hard for the new parents, it is usually best for the baby. As they grow up, most kids want to know about their birth parents. Even if there is a TPR, and the birthparents disappear, that child will always have the photos of his birthmom snuggling with him. When he is 80 years old, if he has never met his birthparent, that photo will assure him he was loved.

I'm not bitter about Lyndsie. Adoption is about finding homes for kids, and that happened twice in this case. Two babies that might otherwise be in a bad position now have a home that is stable, loving and comfortable. That's a good thing.

Didn't she respond at one point to people questioning her that there was no way Aubrey Ann's birth mother would pull out? That this was a done deal. I don't blame Sunny for pulling out. I'm just shocked they got possibly two other people to give them babies. If you look past the makeup and shining pictures, they are fairly shallow self-absorbed people.

An acquaintance of mine is from a southern state. When she and her husband were living there, they were able to adopt an infant boy (this was about 20 years ago) with very little difficulty. When they went back to visit relatives, the administrator of the agency got in touch with them and OFFERED to help them adopt another baby, without their even asking. (They weren't interested.). As she put it, there was quite a bias towards natives of their state and against northerners.

I'll admit to being jealous. But I'm also jealous of folks who can just have babies. But, that's what I get for marrying a husband who had a vasectomy with his first wife. She barely survived the birth of their son, and was warned against having another child. So he got a vasectomy. Of course, no one knew they'd be divorced 9 years later, and that he'd remarry. Add to it my own fertility issues (I have PCOS, and I'm 37), and its just a "Well, maybe we won't have kids together..." But it can be painful sometimes

I'm not bitter about Lyndsie. Adoption is about finding homes for kids, and that happened twice in this case. Two babies that might otherwise be in a bad position now have a home that is stable, loving and comfortable. That's a good thing.

Adoption is about finding homes for babies and children who need homes, not about finding babies for parents. The way Lyndsie and Daniel went about this was finding babies for them. Do you honestly believe these two babies would be in a bad position, given for every baby there are a hundred or more potential adopters? Potential adopters with better health potential in all likelihood. We know nothing about these babies' mothers, and fathers. Often these parents could do just as good a job of raising their babies. They might have been coerced by their own parents. And maybe they did freely choose to place their children but that doesn't mean they'd have been bad parents. And I'd like to know, in Lyndsie and Daniel's adoptions, if the fathers also signed the relinquishment papers. Too many private adoptions, and even some agency adoptions as in the Baby emma Wyatt case, totally ignore the fathers. A father has rights too.

The baby girl is like a doll to Lyndsie, and I worry the little boy will suffer for attention. I hope to God if they agreed to some degree of openess with the parents, and that they comply with what they said they'd do. My 3 children are adopted, they are adults, they know their birth parents, that is their right and one they wanted. Not every adoptee wants a relationship with their birth parents but if they do no one has the right to deny them that.

Sometimes you just don't know when to stop, do you? And yes, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is incredibly stupid.

And while there may be FJers who want children very much or have loved ones who do and wonder why in the world this twit gets two in such short order, that doesn't indicate "jealousy". I personally wouldn't trade places with her for all the money or treasure in the world. Others have followed this saga for a very long time and just because they have some negative opinions of these people does not indicate jealousy. My guess is that no one here does not "wish them the best", particularly since there are now two innocent babies involved now.

Ugh, this irks me. I had two failed adoptions and an ectopic pregnancy before I got pregnant with my son. I worked my ass off at three jobs to make money for those adoptions. I didn't sit around on my lazy backside expecting everyone else to pay for it. To make matters worse, I just suffered a miscarriage last month. Why is it that I have to work myself to the bone and suffer ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages, and interrupted adoptions and Lyndsie can just snap her fingers and get everything she wants? It's frustrating.

Archived