IGNORED

Lyndsie and Daniel got another baby ALREADY???

Slt

I was pretty shocked too. I came here to see if anyone has the scoop. She's so annoying in how she posts no details, what is up with that? She told the whole story of her life before. It is infuriating, I know no one who's been able to so easily adopt healthy white infants, it usually takes years and years to even just get one, let alone two. I must say, the idea of their being siblings by birth occurred to me. Ethan is a doll though.

I kept saying I thought she'd open her blog again when they wanted another kid so they could solicit more donations, so I'm surprised that wasn't the case here. It's weird how she went from blogging about everything to being so secretive when they adopted Ethan. I know they're not obligated to disclose every detail of their lives on a blog, but I was so sure when they finally adopted she'd be wanting to shout it from the rooftops.

I think a lot of her closing up shop had to do with the fact that the birth mom of Aubrey Ann (from their first failed adoption) posted on the old FJ about it and had even posted some (now deleted) private emails she'd received from Lyndsie. That poster also spilled the beans on FJ about them getting Ethan before Lyndsie even had a chance to announce it herself. Lyndsie's brother posted angrily on the old FJ, too, so Lyndsie knows about us. I guess it freaked her out that we were discussing her and that the birth mom was dishing dirt, so she clammed up blog-wise.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow :shock:

How long ago did they adopt the boy? Maybe right before they got him they were already talking with a potential birth mom and even after they agreed to take the little boy she still wanted the baby to go with them?

Is it possible that these are private adoptions from girls/women who they know from church or who they find out about via church? I find it hard to believe that they could get two babies SO quickly through an agency. Private adoptions via an acquaintance or friend of a friend would also be far less expensive than a domestic adoption agency.

The scenario I envision is a 16 year old in the congregation getting pregnant, and her parents/the pastor/everyone else pushing the girl towards adoption. Depending on what the birth mother/parents were told, they might have just been informed that she's medically unable to have biological children and not that it's because she had/has an aggressive and unusual cancer. They're young, reasonably photogenic, have a house that to my recollection looks like a Pottery Barn catalog, and are probably quite active in their church community.

It's a win-win for the family of a pregnant-out-of-wedlock fundie lite teen to convince her to give the baby up for adoption to such a lovely couple. "Lyndsie and Daniel would love to be parents and you know that she's unable to bear children herself. The Christian thing to do is to let them adopt your baby, you'll repent of your sin, and then we can pretend this embarrassing little situation never happened." :roll:

I thought Ethan looked only 8-9 months old?

He must be right around 12 months-ish. April was 8 months ago. He was already at least 4 months old at that point.

Yup, they home church. But Daniel's father is a minister and had pastored at several churches in the past, maybe he somehow played part in arranging the adoptions. I have heard ministers communicating with each other when it comes to issues of women looking for families to adopt their children.

However, the adoption of this second baby and the first baby happened, they are likely private adoptions. I doubt a young couple with only one income could afford to an agency and some domestic agencies would have rejected L&D for her health history and the fact they haven't been married five years. The main reason Lyndsie had been soliciting donations on the blog was because they were thinking about going to an agency before the adoption of Ethan.

When we've looked into adoption in the past (although we were looking at International adoption), the only country that would even consider allowing us to adopt was Ethiopia, and that was iffy. Why? Because I'm overweight and have a diagnosis of social anxiety. My husband is in his mid 40s and has diabetes. We have a good income, a lovely home, live in an excellent school district, my husband has 50/50 custody of his son, blah blah blah. Doesn't matter - one of us might drop dead at any moment, apparently.

We'll probably go the foster to adopt route, at this point, although non-white domestic adoption would work as well. But I haven't looked into that as much.

So I'm having a bitter this morning reading this thread.

Wow, I can't believe they got another baby so fast! How in the heck did they manage that? How is it so easy for them?

I wonder how many kids they want. They both come from large families so I could see them wanting half a dozen kids eventually. And at the rate they seem to be able to adopt kids, they'll get there in just a few more years.

On Lyndsie's she always implied that they wanted more than one kid. I think they will do anything to fit in with their friends and relatives who are also fundie lite. I think they will try and adopt as many kids as they can. But if they all they want are white children they might not be able to adopt a lot of children. They have pretty much lucked out with these two adoptions, but in the future they might not be so lucky. I can see some birth moms in the future deciding against Lyndsie and Daniel for different reasons. The birth mom from the disrupted adoption said part of the reason she ended her dealings with L&D was because she didn't like how they answered certain questions. Lyndsie and Daniel plan to homeschool and I can see something like that possibly turning off some birth moms and the fact that L&D are living on one income could be another reason that a birth mom would turn them down. I remember years ago reading about a news article about college student who was giving up her baby for adoption and she said that when going through profiles she turned down one income homes right away because she wanted her child to be a very financially secure home. I have seen some couples with children do well to live on one income, but I can sort of understand why a birth mom would want her child to be in a two income home. The fact that Lyndsie doesn't have a college education or any type of vocational training or good job skills would make some birth moms a bit leery about what would happen if Daniel lost his job, or if he died or if he was unable to work because of disability.

Are there still links to this blog she kept? I'm new here, so I don't know all the people. Those pictures look exactly like all the families I knew at the church I used to attend. Perfecty perfect fundie.

]I have never seen people who are not super duper rich be able to adopt babies as quickly as they are. There is something shady going on here. And I bet little Daniel is going to be tossed aside so mommy can take care of the daughter she really wanted.

I was thinking the same thing too. Daniel and Lyndsie seem to be far beingconsidered wealthy. Daniel has a government job and he has been in his job for a few years, so I doubt he is making mega money. The thing that probably sort of helps out D&L is that they live in rural area in which the cost of living is probably low. I don't think L&D are at the point in their lives in which they are truly financially secure. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up selling clothes again on FB.

Are there still links to this blog she kept? I'm new here, so I don't know all the people. Those pictures look exactly like all the families I knew at the church I used to attend. Perfecty perfect fundie.

It seems that she set her blog to "invited readers" only.

I kept saying I thought she'd open her blog again when they wanted another kid so they could solicit more donations, so I'm surprised that wasn't the case here. It's weird how she went from blogging about everything to being so secretive when they adopted Ethan. I know they're not obligated to disclose every detail of their lives on a blog, but I was so sure when they finally adopted she'd be wanting to shout it from the rooftops.

I think a lot of her closing up shop had to do with the fact that the birth mom of Aubrey Ann (from their first failed adoption) posted on the old FJ about it and had even posted some (now deleted) private emails she'd received from Lyndsie. That poster also spilled the beans on FJ about them getting Ethan before Lyndsie even had a chance to announce it herself. Lyndsie's brother posted angrily on the old FJ, too, so Lyndsie knows about us. I guess it freaked her out that we were discussing her and that the birth mom was dishing dirt, so she clammed up blog-wise.

I agree with you. She was pretty aware of FJ before Sunny the birth mom chatted with us. I think Lyndsie was able to deal with snark, but the birth mom's postings on the Yuku board probably pissed her off. I wouldn't blame Lyndsie for being pissed, Sunny did cross the line by talking about the emails.

UGH! As someone who has been on an adoption journey for a while... I find this frustrating. Not only that, unless she lives in a state that has no "requirement" laws, she has not adopted that little girl yet. In our state we can get custody of a newborn after a 3 day hospital stay. However, the birth parents still have anywhere from 30-90 days to change their mind about the adoption. In that time frame, we would NOT be considered the legal parent of the child, only the guardian. Not until that requirement is met do we get to go through with the adoption, which can take another 30-60 days to get a court date, then paper work must be filed and so on. We were told that going through private infant adoption, it could take up to 6 months or more before we would legally be the parents of the child.

She annoys me.

I cannot believe she recycled the name Aubrey.

Do you think, when little Aubrey Faye (is that a nod to Tammy Faye's mad makeup skillz??) asks her mom how she came to be named, Lyndsie will tell her the truth?

I cannot believe she recycled the name Aubrey.

Do you think, when little Aubrey Faye (is that a nod to Tammy Faye's mad makeup skillz??) asks her mom how she came to be named, Lyndsie will tell her the truth?

:lol: Good guess on that one. I think Lyndsie will probably tell Aubrey Faye about "Aubrey Ann" who was later named Stella.

When we've looked into adoption in the past (although we were looking at International adoption), the only country that would even consider allowing us to adopt was Ethiopia, and that was iffy. Why? Because I'm overweight and have a diagnosis of social anxiety. My husband is in his mid 40s and has diabetes. We have a good income, a lovely home, live in an excellent school district, my husband has 50/50 custody of his son, blah blah blah. Doesn't matter - one of us might drop dead at any moment, apparently.

We'll probably go the foster to adopt route, at this point, although non-white domestic adoption would work as well. But I haven't looked into that as much.

So I'm having a bitter this morning reading this thread.

I feel you, sister. I waited freaking forever to adopt, and it came to fruition, but it took forever. Why there is an endless supply of healthy infants for this woman, I don't understand.

My trial with private adoption, the birth mother had a full year to change her mind. I was so desperate to adopt, and oddly enough, it was easier when I was single and in my 20's than engaged and in my 30's, I would have agreed to just about anything to adopt a baby.

Hell yes, I am jealous. Did she have a big ol bake sale to fund this one?

I know several couples who weren't even looking to adopt who got phone calls out of the blue from teenage/young women they knew, saying they were pregnant and asking them to adopt their babies. In one family, they had two sons already and birth moms approached them. They now have four children. I also know a few families who went through a private adoption, only to have a phone call a few months later from a friend of the original birth mom, saying she was also pregnant, had heard good things from her friend, and would this couple be willing to adopt her baby? I kind of suspect this is what has happened in Daniel and Lyndsie's case. I believe that private adoptions are a whole different thing than agency adoptions. I know the families I mentioned above still had to pay court fees, filing fees, attorney fees, and homestudy fees, but because they had been sought out by someone wanting to place her child with them, the cost was much less than agency costs. They didn't pay medical bills, agency fees, etc.

I hate to say it but I totally called this one. She had a baby registry with pink stuff a few months ago.

My youngest sister was adopted via a private adoption that went very quickly--the birth mom was firm on giving the baby up to a couple interested in a very open adoption, and she knew just the couple. I think she even approached my stepfather. It *can* happen quickly, although those situations are just dumb luck and not likely to happen twice in a year.

I hate to say it but I totally called this one. She had a baby registry with pink stuff a few months ago.

My youngest sister was adopted via a private adoption that went very quickly--the birth mom was firm on giving the baby up to a couple interested in a very open adoption, and she knew just the couple. I think she even approached my stepfather. It *can* happen quickly, although those situations are just dumb luck and not likely to happen twice in a year.

I remember that thread you made emmiedahl. Lyndsie hit dumb luck twice this year. It will be interesting to see if they get another baby next year. As I mentioned in a previous post, they might not be so lucky in the future when it comes to meeting birth moms or try adopt again. I can see a birth mom calling them greedy little bitches like the title character in Juno did. The weird part of Lyndsie and Daniel getting two babies is that they aren't rich couple and they are under 30.

I also think it was a one-off kind of a deal. They may have worked to get the first one, but I have a feeling this one kind of dropped in their laps. And who's going to say no to that, when you don't know when the next opportunity is coming? I think they'll stay a family of 4 for a long while.

And ironically, I also had the thought of them burning bridges within the adoption community because of this. I can just envision their adoption buddies from those sites being bitter and angry (and why not?) and Lyndsie being so busy with two babies that she forgets all about encouraging and supporting the still waiting families.

I just hate the thought of her cancer coming back and leaving two motherless children. I could come back in a month, or it could be 20 years from now. I hope it is later for the kids' sake.

And I understand those who are bitter over this too.

I also think it was a one-off kind of a deal. They may have worked to get the first one, but I have a feeling this one kind of dropped in their laps. And who's going to say no to that, when you don't know when the next opportunity is coming? I think they'll stay a family of 4 for a long while.

And ironically, I also had the thought of them burning bridges within the adoption community because of this. I can just envision their adoption buddies from those sites being bitter and angry (and why not?) and Lyndsie being so busy with two babies that she forgets all about encouraging and supporting the still waiting families.

I'm also picturing some of the adoption buddies being bitter about this. When Lyndsie's blog was up, I looked at some of the blogs she had linked in postings and there were a few couples that seemed to have more financial security than Daniel and Lyndsie.

I am surprised at how fast she got 2 babies as well.

I wanted to recommend the foster to adopt as a faster way to adopt babies . I have 2 friends who went this route. The first ended up adopting the very first baby she fostered which was a newborn straight from the hospital.The second friend has adopted 5 kids so far, most she got as newborns, some were a little older,but all were infants. The hard thing was the mothers can sometimes still get visitation for a year or so and you have to "share" the baby until parental rights are severed.

Archived