IGNORED

don't even talk to those boys, you godly girls

contrary

I just told my boyfriend that only trousers/pants are manly, so he absolutely cannot wear his kilt again. He's not talking to me anymore. Mission accomplished. Am I godly now?

No

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man came to deliver a mattress to me yesterday, and he asked where I wanted to put it and I was so godly I didn't even respond! Eventually, he got frustrated and put it down in the hallway. I'm the holiest person everr.

*sigh* Oh well... never mind then, I'll stay un-godly and give the boyfriend his kilt back.

Best not come to Scotland! Everyone gets defrauded by kilts here, especially a) at weddings and b) on days when there's rugby on at Murrayfield.

(God, I love living in Scotland. Mmmmmm, men in kilts.)

Best not come to Scotland! Everyone gets defrauded by kilts here, especially a) at weddings and b) on days when there's rugby on at Murrayfield.

Men in kilts, defrauding me. . . Be still, my beating heart!

(I live in Scotland too, and enjoy getting defrauded ;) )

I'm so ungodly I've told my fiancé I want him in a kilt at our wedding! Not only is he going to be wearing women's clothing, but it's at my insistence!

(Well, not really. I said I'd like it but it's really up to him, and he wants to, too, so it's all good).

This random thought popped into my mind while reading the first page of this thread:

Is it possible that the standards impossed on women concering modesty by crazies can lead to a form of vanity in the women?

One form would be, of coure, the "I'm a better Christian/Muslim/Jew/Whatever because I cover up more and lead no man to stumble", but perhaps some women also take it as a validation of their own beauty: "I am sooooo special, my hair, my curves, everything is sooooo beautiful/hot, it needs to be covered up, all men would fall down panting if I showed myself unmodestly dressed!"

This random thought popped into my mind while reading the first page of this thread:

Is it possible that the standards impossed on women concering modesty by crazies can lead to a form of vanity in the women?

One form would be, of coure, the "I'm a better Christian/Muslim/Jew/Whatever because I cover up more and lead no man to stumble", but perhaps some women also take it as a validation of their own beauty: "I am sooooo special, my hair, my curves, everything is sooooo beautiful/hot, it needs to be covered up, all men would fall down panting if I showed myself unmodestly dressed!"

You know, I think this is true for a small segment of the fundie population. This small segment would be folks like Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates, who really do benefit from this sort of thing to the detriment of their children.

but perhaps some women also take it as a validation of their own beauty: "I am sooooo special, my hair, my curves, everything is sooooo beautiful/hot, it needs to be covered up, all men would fall down panting if I showed myself unmodestly dressed!"

ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Kelly Crawford

This whole thing reminds me of something that happened in college, when I had several Orthodox Jewish friends. We were going to make a pasta dinner and went to get ingredients at a local grocery store that had a large kosher section. We couldn't find a can of artichokes, so one of my friends went to ask a stocker where they were. The stocker looked to be a young Orthodox man. Immediately after the interaction, my friend felt bad because sensed that he was one of those Orthodox guys who tries to limit how much he talks to or looks at women. She felt guilty for putting him in a situation where she "forced" him to talk to her. I kept telling her that she had absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, and that if he really didn't want to interact with women then he wouldn't have taken a job where there was a high probability of women asking him questions

I don't understand why she would make her blog private since she uses it to witness. Other fundies I would get, but I didn't expect that from her. Her frugal home and health blog is still up.

If a peek of naked flesh can cause a man to stumble, then he isn't much of a man is he. He also shouldn't be allowed out of the house.

QFT.

December 7, 2011 4:43 PM

Joanne said...

Anonymous - how many men are you a devoted disciple of?

December 7, 2011 4:51 PM

Anonymous said...

Just the Lord of Darkness. And Elton John.

LMAO...

I have a friend whose dream is to go on a shopping spree with Elton John.

Oh, me too me too!!!

Archived