IGNORED

Two lesbians raise a baby and this is what they got

Knight of Ni

I keep wondering if Zuzu has read this and how she would respond.

Not a chance her sons will be like this lovely young man.

I posted this on my facebook last night, and within minutes had two inbox messages from fundie friends about it. One was about how "saddened" she was to see me posting "that homosexual" link. The other one was from someone alerting me the fact that I may have picked up a virus or something that was posting gay videos on my wall.

I lol'ed.

One of my best male friends was raised by his mother and his mother's longtime girlfriend. And, not surprisingly at ALL, he's an awesome, productive member of society.

I posted this on my facebook last night, and within minutes had two inbox messages from fundie friends about it. One was about how "saddened" she was to see me posting "that homosexual" link. The other one was from someone alerting me the fact that I may have picked up a virus or something that was posting gay videos on my wall.

i've posted pro-gblt stuff on my fb before, and the few fundy-type people i have as friends haven't said a word to me. though it may be because they rarely get on so my posts may get buried.

I have lesbian moms too, so I was happy to see that Zach Wahls' speech went viral again this week.

I cannot wait until there is an entire generational study completed, as children raised by 2 gay parents are far more prevalent now. It will be interesting to note the similarities, more than the differences, to me, anyway.

You might be interested in the Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study:

http://www.nllfs.org

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-sexual-continuum/201006/25-year-long-study-finds-children-lesbian-parents-may-be-better-adj

It started in 1986, so it's (to my knowledge) the longest-running study out there.

I saw this yesterday. Not as eloquent as the original video posted on this thread, but oh from the "mouth of babes"; I love this short clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... K8CGeC2M_U :clap:

Oh, by the way, Bachmann's later official reply to this was that it was "reprehensible" because she felt the young boy was forced to say this. What a tool!

It made me laugh too. I have fb 'friends' who would do that.

Sadly, my family knows all too well where I stand on the LGBTQ issue and proceeds to lecture me about it. About how its unnatural. And how its not a choice, and if these people would just turn to Geesus... BLAH BLAH BLAH

What they do not know is that I'm bi. They have no clue, as I'm married to a man. I think if they found out, they'd never ever ever speak to me again. The fact that i left the RCC is nothing compared to the tsurris that would follow should I come out of the closet. (Besides, its nice and warm in here, Tom Cruise and I are playing a game of blackjack)

Edit: I'm now secretly Bill Gothard, awesome.

Sadly, my family knows all too well where I stand on the LGBTQ issue and proceeds to lecture me about it. About how its unnatural. And how its not a choice, and if these people would just turn to Geesus... BLAH BLAH BLAH

What they do not know is that I'm bi. They have no clue, as I'm married to a man. I think if they found out, they'd never ever ever speak to me again. The fact that i left the RCC is nothing compared to the tsurris that would follow should I come out of the closet. (Besides, its nice and warm in here, Tom Cruise and I are playing a game of blackjack)

Edit: I'm now secretly Bill Gothard, awesome.

You've just outed yourself and the internets is calling you Bill... I think FJ is trying to drop us a hint ;)

You've just outed yourself and the internets is calling you Bill... I think FJ is trying to drop us a hint ;)

That irony was not lost on me.

Archived