IGNORED

Two lesbians raise a baby and this is what they got

Knight of Ni

We shared this a few weeks ago in my school's gay straight alliance and it made me all teary (in a good way!) I'm glad it's suddenly appearing everywhere, it's beautiful.

Aw, I kinda love him.

I have second cousins who are teenagers and they have been raised by their moms to be awesome people. The jury is no longer out on the children of gay unions--they come out just as awesome as any other kid.

Aw, I cried, too, as usual! I don't think I actually know anyone with gay parents, but then again, I probably wouldn't know, would I?

I love this video. Does this mean that Iowa is reconsidering allowing same-sex marriage ? That would be really sad.

My husband was raised by his gay mom and step-mom ( plus his dad )... and I think he turned out pretty well :D

In a move that should shock no one, the Stinking Housewife has weighed in. Please only read it if you happen to have a spare computer--I almost threw mine through a window.

She would probably say that his mom having multiple sclerosis is her punishment for being gay. :evil:

Fuck that. Everyone I know with MS is straight (or at least the ones in my under 40 support group are).

Applause for this wonderful young man and his mothers. I cannot wait until there is an entire generational study completed, as children raised by 2 gay parents are far more prevalent now. It will be interesting to note the similarities, more than the differences, to me, anyway.

The stinking housewife is an ignorant bitch. And in what way does his sister appear to have an "ambiguous sexual identity"? The short hair? The possibility that she might be wearing pants? Both of those together? Bullshit.

I posted this on my facebook last night, and within minutes had two inbox messages from fundie friends about it. One was about how "saddened" she was to see me posting "that homosexual" link. The other one was from someone alerting me the fact that I may have picked up a virus or something that was posting gay videos on my wall.

I've been defrauded by this guy. Seriously. He's only nineteen!? I swore he was older than that. He is very well spoken, and obviously having gay parents hasn't affected him one bit! This is amazing... more people need to see this, and rethink things.

I've been defrauded by this guy. Seriously. He's only nineteen!? I swore he was older than that. He is very well spoken, and obviously having gay parents hasn't affected him one bit! This is amazing... more people need to see this, and rethink things.

He's not hard on the eyes either...

He's not hard on the eyes either...

Duh. Thats mostly how I was defrauded lol. Watching him AND listening to him make me wanna move to Iowa and try to win him over... although I think after this, I'm probably not the only girl haha

Duh. Thats mostly how I was defrauded lol. Watching him AND listening to him make me wanna move to Iowa and try to win him over... although I think after this, I'm probably not the only girl haha

You are definitely not the only one. I'm very defrauded by him!

“The Greatest Speech Ever Given†or “The Great Dictator Speech.†Charlie Chaplin, in his 1940 Hitler-spoof, dressed as Hitler [or the "Phooey" (Fuhrer)], gives a dramatic, rousing and well-delivered speech in which he pleads for the end of conflict, the unity of all mankind, social security for the aging, world democracy, and the end of national borders. Even he wasn’t yet clambering for the end of marriage between men and women – the “taking of our rights by changing the Constitution to read that marriage is only between one man and one woman,†as Wahls put it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

I think we may have just won the argument.

Since it was the courts that redefined marriage in Iowa, in light of Iowa's constitution, there is a movement to amend the constitution to specifically prevent gay marriage. The judges from the ruling have already all been replaced by election :(

That is really sad that the Iowa same sex marriage law might be over-turned.

It was devastating to so many people when Prop 8 (overturning same sex marriage ) passed in California. I was surprised, especially because there was such a strong liberal vote in every other race in California that election. Partially I think it was due to a really, really weak campaign run by No on 8 ( confusing commercials, bad targeting ) and a very sneaky campaign with excellent marketing run by the Yes on 8 side.

I actually got my two macho, very straight, young adult sons out on the street corner holding up NO on 8 signs on election day. One of my proudest moments as a mama :)

now if only aa could be as eloquent and thoughful as this young man.

Archived