IGNORED

Does God Love.... Michael's Two Daddies?

emmiedahl

I guess one gay parent is black and the other white, and they have a mixed race child. I hope the fundie author realizes that two men cannot conceive....

Some same sex biracial couples who are having kids choose a sperm donor or surrogate of the same race as the non-biological parent, so the kid will have something in common with both parents. I think it's a sweet idea.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is sweet also, and I have heard about getting egg donations from Partner A's sister and sperm from Partner B (or a variation, just to give the kid DNA from both sides). But I don't know if the author thought it through; I think she just figured 1 black parent + 1 white parent = biracial.

To anyone surprised by this clearly bigoted composition toward both gay and interracial relationships, just remember that the 50s weren't that far back in history. The nation as a whole still has a lot of growing up to do.

Loving the reviews on the book though, especially by other Christians. Take a good look at some of the positive reviews, satire at its finest!

I had a mouthful of poppycock (appropriate, right) when I got to this and nearly inhaled it. HYSTERICAL. I wonder if we can do the same thing to TTUAC with the pictures... something tasteful, like toe tags?

AND WE CAN ALSO WRITE IN ALL CAPS AND SPELL WRITE RITE TOO SO PEOPLE NO WE REALLY REALLY ARE THE MOSTEST CORRECTUS!

IT'S NOT TRUE WITHOUT ::: DOUBLE ::: ELLIPSES :::!

I BOW:: IN SUBSERVIENCE:: TO THE DOUBLE:: ELLIPSES!!!!!!1111

NOTHING LOOKS:: TRUE ANYMORE:: WITHOUT DOUBLE ELLIPSES::: AND ALL CAPS::: HOW CAN WE GO BACK?!!!111!!!11ONE

:::

Wow, I edited myself right out of a post, I see. I just wanted to point out that I had a good laugh at the author's last name. For writing crap like that, she deserves it.

*edited for spelling

I guess I'm the only one immature enought to laugh my ass off cause the woman who wrote that hate book for children has the last name Butt...

:D A review from amazons:

I was originally wary about allowing any book authored by someone who's last name is "Butt" into my family's home, mostly out of fear that such words would negatively impact my children (4, 7 and 10) who do not yet know such disgusting words exist, much less what they mean. However, after my wife talked it over with her church friends, I agreed to allow her to access the internet (with me right over her shoulder as God intended!) for a couple of minutes to access Amazon.com in the internet explorer. A quick skim of the summary and I realized I had finally found exactly what I was looking for!

As a father of 3 I knew the time would come when I needed to explain to my children that the homosexual urges they were to feel needed to be suppressed, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Becoming an adult is a very difficult time, only made more difficult by the temptation filled confusion every young man no doubt feels when he realizes that going to the showers after gym is exciting. As if a changing voice weren't enough LOL!

I digress, this book was beautifully written and executed. I am happy that I have finally found some acceptable literature for this household's bookshelf right next to the good old KJ.

As a father of 3 I knew the time would come when I needed to explain to my children that the homosexual urges they were to feel needed to be suppressed, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Becoming an adult is a very difficult time, only made more difficult by the temptation filled confusion every young man no doubt feels when he realizes that going to the showers after gym is exciting. As if a changing voice weren't enough LOL!

Maybe your kids will be more hetero than you, Mr. Father of 3.

Wow, I edited myself right out of a post, I see. I just wanted to point out that I had a good laugh at the author's last name. For writing crap like that, she deserves it.

*edited for spelling

I didn't even notice it, but that is hilarious. As is the satirical review quoted by Patsy. Awesome.

Now if her first name were Seymour, that would just be too good to be true.

This review is killing me softly with WIN:

Today, Sheila K. Butt is best-known for her bawdy sea shanties and a popular range of Old Testament, low-calorie shakes aimed at larger members of the congregation.

Few recall that she is also a self-published author with a large back catalogue of hilarious, Christian-based, parables written for feeble-minded simpletons.

For any Butt aficionado, her latest novel raises a number of interesting questions. Is Sheila K. a martyr to the Friends-of-Judy or is she as mad as a box of spanners? Does she have a borderline personality disorder or is she a troubled artist? Are the facets and dimensions of her writing mutually exclusive and do we care anyway?

These questions are important when comparing this work against her earlier output. Certainly 'Does God Love Michael's Two Daddies?' is a dense, stark example of Crypto-Modernism which encourages many layers of consideration - but where are her trademark laughs? Alas, they are buried beneath pages of bile-filled invective and overly-clever construction.

For example, Michael's bed-wetting at Uncle Ahmed's house and the resultant drowning of the pet newt, Gypo, is an allegorical parting of the Red Sea. When young Michael steals the suitcase containing the ashes of the transsexual Danish plumber we are being reminded of St. Michael's role as the Angel of Death carrying souls to heaven.

In the end, you cannot escape the conclusion that, despite its multiple meanings, the intense content of this book is less satisfying than her earlier work 'Does God Love the Stinky French?' a scratch 'n' sniff collection of letters to her estranged, Paris-based daughter prior to her fatal overdose. Even the excessively sanitised pop-up edition of the sunny 'Does God Love Darkies?' is, by comparison, wittier and more joyful for the average Christian reader.

I would heartily recommend either of these books as better starting points for those keen to explore Butt's bountiful oeuvre.

edited to bold Butt aficionado because why not?

Maybe your kids will be more hetero than you, Mr. Father of 3.

OMG!!!!! Going to the showers after gym is exciting!? Really!? I always prayed I'd never have to do that... as it was I was uncomfortable having my shirt off in the locker room. Then we moved just before that was nessesary.

Then again, I'm not a young man, nor was I ever.

OMG!!!!! Going to the showers after gym is exciting!? Really!? I always prayed I'd never have to do that... as it was I was uncomfortable having my shirt off in the locker room. Then we moved just before that was nessesary.

:lol: I have a funny feeling the reviewer may not have been the most, ah, genuine of the lot

:lol: I have a funny feeling the reviewer may not have been the most, ah, genuine of the lot

whoooosh

That was the sound of the satire going right over my head.

I guess one gay parent is black and the other white, and they have a mixed race child. I hope the fundie author realizes that two men cannot conceive....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. omg. love.

also, do people really buy milk from amazon?

I don't know a single gay guy who enjoyed shower in gym class... seriously, think about it! You are attracted to guys, then you have to shower with them... and what happens to teenage boys who shower with those that he is attracted to... oh yeah, boner. Seriously, I hated showering in the gym for that reason. And what does a changing voice have to do with finding showers exciting? I'm a bit confused on the parallel the reviewer is trying to draw.

I don't know a single gay guy who enjoyed shower in gym class... seriously, think about it! You are attracted to guys, then you have to shower with them... and what happens to teenage boys who shower with those that he is attracted to... oh yeah, boner. Seriously, I hated showering in the gym for that reason. And what does a changing voice have to do with finding showers exciting? I'm a bit confused on the parallel the reviewer is trying to draw.

The reviewer is totally, totally taking the piss.

But I never liked showering or changing around other girls in school. I was fucking petrified someone would think I was looking at them funny, so I didn't look at anyone ever. And at parties, when girls were kissing each other I never did it because I thought since it would mean more to me than to them it would be wrong -- like, they shouldn't be tricked into kissing someone who might actually enjoy it or something? I don't know, repression does weird things to your brain.

So anyone who's like "what about teh gays looking at me in the shower!!!111!!!" you need to understand that they are probably far more worried about that than you. Also don't flatter yourself. ;)

Constance, to me that's one of those horrible real-life puzzles: a woman in the shower at the gym, looking intensely uncomfortable and trying really hard not to see ANYTHING. Is she queer, or fundy?

NO WAY TO KNOW.

I mean, other than actually knowing her. Or if it's my gym, seeing her go take the kids from her wife so wife can shower. But it's a special tell for women who were high school jocks and into girls, for sure. Horrible locker room gaze paralysis.

Oh god, the "other viewed items" bar takes the cake. Laughing so hard over here.

Go further... There is also "How to live with a huge penis", wolf urine, Liquid Ass, and Breast Friend pillow (not the one you're thinking of), among other things.

It seems like, perhaps, this book is fodder for the http://epicwtfs.com/ type crowd.

I want to read that book, but I don't want to support the author/publisher and my library doesn't have it. I'm conflicted, damn it!

Kinda OTish, but...

...And at parties, when girls were kissing each other I never did it because I thought since it would mean more to me than to them it would be wrong -- like, they shouldn't be tricked into kissing someone who might actually enjoy it or something?...

Whoooa I wish I went to YOUR parties! All my friends and I did was play video games, practice HTML and watch/laugh at home movies. In case you can't tell, we were totally the cool kids. :shifty:

Kinda OTish, but...

Whoooa I wish I went to YOUR parties! All my friends and I did was play video games, practice HTML and watch/laugh at home movies. In case you can't tell, we were totally the cool kids. :shifty:

I was 100% not a cool kid and did a lot of the above, but we did have amazing parties :D. We still do now, I just get to more fully participate these days. :eusa-whistle:

Archived