IGNORED

what not to wear... fundy style!

vicka

Ok, so i love this show on tlc what not to wear. And in my dream world clinton and kelly would remake... well, everyone who needs it. If you could pick out one fundy who you'd like to make over, someone who really needs it, who would it be? and what would you do with them?

my entry is this chick:

muellermice.blogspot.com/

Her name should be "beige." She couldn't look any more boring if she tried. A cute pixie cut, hair colored dark brown with red accents, some well fitting clothes to give her a more hourglass shape, contacts, make up and a pair of high heels would transform this woman completely. Not to mention maybe add some spice to her life... because i can't help but feel she needs it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I felt like being nice to her, ever, I would pick Zsuzsu. When you look at pictures of her at 18 and then at 30-something, it's horrifying.

Any one of the Duggar girls to get rid of the fake tan and crunchy hair. Mother Maxwell would be an interesting before and after, too. That said, my favorite would be Dougie himself.

Non reversal Anna.

The whole family needs to have a frumper burning, but I'd love to see NR Anna in something that is cute and flattering for a young woman her age.

Joy Duggar or the 3 Maxwell girls! I'd love to see Joy in a skinny jeans and a super cute top and the Maxwells in anything that doesn't match the others and above the knee!

My 25 year old SAHD niece. Today she was wearing floor length jean skirt with black tennis shoes, a 3/4 length plaid,buttondown, shirt with a shirt under(I think the shirt was Hollister or something though,but the skirt/shoes ruined it) and crunchy hair.

You have a SAHD niece? A fundie in the family? #excited.

So many options so little time. I agree with the Mrs. Keller and Anna recommendations. I think Jana because she deserves it so much!

I have to agree the 7 sisters probably need it more than anyone. They don't have a ton to work with as it is, but if they wore normal clothes, makeup and let their hair down we could get the oldest ones married off.

I have to agree the 7 sisters probably need it more than anyone. They don't have a ton to work with as it is, but if they wore normal clothes, makeup and let their hair down we could get the oldest ones married off.

I don't think Trinny and Susannah would approve of those collars!

What Not to Wear did one episode w/ Mayyim Bialik. She was Blossom on the show Blossom. She now plays the girlfriend of one of the geeks on Big Gang Theory.

She was brough up liberal/reform Jewish, and has gone orthodox, and most days "skirts only." So the show had to make sure the clothes they suggested met her modesty standards. Gotta say, she looked SOOO much better after the makeover.

And what would you do to Our Friend Doug? :D

He needs a little help unleashing his inner fashionista. On second thought, perhaps he doesn't need so much help.

Everything in these pictures

070608161317_cbb_3.jpg

2004family__duggar.jpg

2008-maxwell-family.jpg

5962724436_cecd2973ef.jpg

6391267789_40ece305e9_z.jpg

The Seven Sisters seem really sweet but I will never for the life of me understand why they wear those frumpers all the time!

I will never for the life of me understand why they wear those frumpers all the time!

I don't understand frumpers and prairie dresses, either! You think you should wear dresses, fine, whatever. The Duggar girls do it with a little more style, and Raquel (I think that's how it's spelled) wears really cute clothes! It just seems like the frumpers and prairie dresses are another "look at me! I'm holier than you are!".....not a very Christ-like attitude.

I don't understand frumpers and prairie dresses, either! You think you should wear dresses, fine, whatever. The Duggar girls do it with a little more style, and Raquel (I think that's how it's spelled) wears really cute clothes! It just seems like the frumpers and prairie dresses are another "look at me! I'm holier than you are!".....not a very Christ-like attitude.

The SS don't seem to have that kind of attitude though... they seem happy to hang out regularly with normally-dressed people, and don't seem to be restricted to completely Christian culture. I'm sure they've mentioned secular books on their blog, and they were actually allowed to go on a trip and see some proper history. Maybe they are a bit odd, but I wouldn't call them judgemental at all.

The SS don't seem to have that kind of attitude though... they seem happy to hang out regularly with normally-dressed people, and don't seem to be restricted to completely Christian culture. I'm sure they've mentioned secular books on their blog, and they were actually allowed to go on a trip and see some proper history. Maybe they are a bit odd, but I wouldn't call them judgemental at all.

Honestly, I don't know much about the seven sisters, so maybe it's just what I get from the Maxwells....they do seem quite judgemental and holier-than-thou.

I do like the SS,I was even given a shout out on their blog for a recipe recommendation I sent them. :dance: They do dress badly, but I think they truly walk the walk and they know they dress crazy and don't care.(They have mentioned when at the Liberty Bell people were taking pics of them and they were fine with it.) They travel a lot which I like for homeschoolers and hang out with normally dressed people and they do 4H so the kids do have real friends.

Archived