IGNORED

what not to wear... fundy style!

vicka

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still, I don't think there's any excuse for the colour combination that Jessica (back second left) is wearing. It's blinding!

I think the sunflowers and those hideous patriotic things they all wear together for 4th of July are worse. Even the little brothers have the red,white,and blue homemade shirts to match the girls frumpers.

I agree, I find the Seven Sisters very sweet and kind of charming in a homespun way.

Anna Duggar's mother with those hideous Grandma glasses.... EEK!

Those glasses remind me of Sophia Petrillo. And there are no words for the white socks and sneakers with skirts! Supposedly they have a tennis court and such on their property. Girl, skip the tennis court and get yourself some modern glasses and clothes!

Socks and sneakers with a skirt/dress are code for "skirts-only for religious reasons". There are times that other people would wear skirts (work, more formal occasions), but most people wouldn't wear sneakers at those times. It's really something that you would only do if you don't wear jeans, capris or workout pants.

Socks and sneakers with a skirt/dress are code for "skirts-only for religious reasons". There are times that other people would wear skirts (work, more formal occasions), but most people wouldn't wear sneakers at those times. It's really something that you would only do if you don't wear jeans, capris or workout pants.

Slightly OT, but that made me nervous when I first came on to this board....I had just injured my ankle, so I could only wear trainers (sneakers), and I only wear skirts, so the only skirt I could wear was a denim one!

:lol: Maybe people saw me and thought that I was a fundy!!!

Someone may have thought that.

There was actually one time in Israel, when I had a horrible sunburn and sore feet from the previous day, so I wore a long sundress, long sleeve shirt over and running shoes, and a sunhat. After a while I realized that everyone thought I was dressing religious.

Slightly OT, but that made me nervous when I first came on to this board....I had just injured my ankle, so I could only wear trainers (sneakers), and I only wear skirts, so the only skirt I could wear was a denim one!

:lol: Maybe people saw me and thought that I was a fundy!!!

Don't feel too bad. I've been known to wear sneakers and skirts too - generally with tights, not socks though. Some days my flats are just killing my feet and so I can't wear them.

I'm not skirts only, but I do tend to wear them a lot just because I like them better than jeans. Skinny jeans tend to make me look terrible since I'm not a stick, so I prefer boot cut ones, but they don't fit into my boots. Not to mention no matter what type of jean I buy they're always too long (CURSE BEING SHORT!).

I hope no one has ever thought I was a fundie... :?

My entry is this chick:

muellermice.blogspot.com/

I visited this site just now. They've noticed that their blog hits have spiked so much that they've posted a survey asking folks why they're visiting. Unfortunately, there was no selection for "vicka posted your URL on Free Jinger and I came to gawk."

I visited this site just now. They've noticed that their blog hits have spiked so much that they've posted a survey asking folks why they're visiting. Unfortunately, there was no selection for "vicka posted your URL on Free Jinger and I came to gawk."

:lol:

Many professional women wear their power suits with sneakers while commuting, then once at the office put on the dress heels.

I wore very low heels at my younger son's wedding but once the Mass was over I was out of them and into my sneakers:

WeddingSneakers.jpg

NurseNell, you look like the ladies I see on their way to work every day (only they don't have the corsage and the sparkles)!

I am against makeup being considered a requirement for women, and I often go without makeup as a form of protest, but I have to say...the Seven Sisters would look a lot better if they used some foundation and concealer! They have similar skin to mine (can look ruddy or get little pimples) and they would look very pretty with a bit of makeup!

We've had a SIGNIFICANT increase in blog visitors lately and we're just a bit curious why that may be and where they may be coming from. If you would take just a moment to vote and tell us, we'd appreciate it! (The poll is open until 12:01 AM on the first of the new year.)

How did you come to visit our blog? (Please select all that apply.)

I know you personally.

We've never met, but we have mutual friends.

All I know about you is what I've learned from your blog.

You're in my Favorites listing and I visit all the time!

I heard there was news and decided to come and check it out!

You gave me your info and I simply typed in muellermice.blogspot.com.

I got here by a link from thebartafamily.com.

I got here by a link from visionserve.org.

I looked for you by doing a Google (or similar) search.

I got here by accident.

You may select multiple answers.

The blog mentioned by the OP has this in the sidebar now - was it there before? Perhaps they need to add a tick box for 'came over from the Persecution of Godly Christians forum'. :lol:

ETA - sorry - just saw this was already posted.

I am against makeup being considered a requirement for women, and I often go without makeup as a form of protest

Soul sista!

Skinny jeans tend to make me look terrible since I'm not a stick, so I prefer boot cut ones, but they don't fit into my boots.

um, just a side note here, but...boot cut jeans are not meant to be tucked into boots. they are called boot cut because they are flared out to fit OVER boots.

oh, and if your jeans are too long, you can always hem them, or have someone else hem them. ;) my friend has to do this because she is short. me, i'm short, but i really don't care if my jeans are long. personally, i prefer it, maybe because when i was a teenager and my mum was trying to control me she rarely let me wear jeans that were actually long enough and i got so sick of having jeans that were slightly too short!

Soul sista!

I don't ever wear make up. Great Caesar's Ghost, am I closet fundie??

(on that subject - I love how my little headline is 'frumper lover' :lol: so good!)

Edited to add - I also have long, unstyled hair.

I am against makeup being considered a requirement for women, and I often go without makeup as a form of protest, but I have to say...the Seven Sisters would look a lot better if they used some foundation and concealer! They have similar skin to mine (can look ruddy or get little pimples) and they would look very pretty with a bit of makeup!

in complete agreement. but these women don't even have the option. i love make up, and i love being able to decide if i want to wear it (and i usually do). i would like to release a maxwell girl in a sephora. that would be fun.

i LOVE makeup. my skin isn't so great looking without it, but besides that it's just fun! i used to just slap it on just because i didn't look great without it, but then one of my friends started a blog about it and i found it all very interesting, and that got me into it! if i had the money i would totally be indulging in buying makeup stuff. :P

I wore sneakers with my long skirt for work on Black Friday. I almost didn't because of it being the fundie uniform, but my feet won the argument.

I don't ever wear make up. Great Caesar's Ghost, am I closet fundie??

(on that subject - I love how my little headline is 'frumper lover' :lol: so good!)

Edited to add - I also have long, unstyled hair.

I wear makeup when I feel like it (today is not one of those days) or for performances. And my hair is long and just brushed today. We are a matched set.

...what color do you want our matching frumpers to be?

I wear makeup when I feel like it (today is not one of those days) or for performances. And my hair is long and just brushed today. We are a matched set.

...what color do you want our matching frumpers to be?

:lol:

Something absolutely hideous. Do you think the Seven Sisters have any spare sunflower fabric?

Archived