IGNORED

Fundie-Lite but Still Obsessed with Marriage

Shina

So, back in my fundie-lite days I used to read a bunch of the articles at this site: www. boundless.org

There're some snark-worthy articles. Basically look for anything on marriage...the comments are always filled with 19-year-olds obsessing about how they'll never get married, ever ever!

It's an affiliate of Focus on Family, which should tell you something about the nature of some whack-a-doodles that like to post there. It's not quite the SAHD, don't kiss until you're marriage brand of crazy. But it's only a couple steps back from it.

Edited for link

Oh my. I will admit that I find this stuff morbidly fascinating - especially since it's obvious from the articles and comments I was reading that there seems to be a blend of fundie-lite and fairly mainstream Christian types commenting on that site. That line really seems to be blurring. I know we've talked about this before, but here is another one of those "disturbing but true" things. the 19 y.o. praying about meeting a future husband(preferably at church) stuff is what fundies were like 10-15 years ago. Courtship and SAHD-ism were new ideas being floated in fundie circles but still considered pretty extreme stuff for only the very fundiest of fundies.

Archived