IGNORED

What are you reading now/I need something new to read

lilwriter85

I'm working my way thorugh The Federalist Papers, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Jungle, and A Midsummer Night's Dream.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Combine humor and fundies! Read "Lamb: A Gospel According to Biff, Jesus's Childhood Friend"

I just downloaded this book onto my Kobo. I'm so stoked to read it! The title alone is amazing & the synopsis sounds fab. Never read anything by Christopher Moore but I hear he's genius!

I was just looking for something lighter, as I'd just finished Castle of Otranto, which although phenomenal (and surprising), was dark. For the FJ crowd...made me realize how bloody happy I am to have been born into this era, where women aren't seen as property to be contracted out for marriage...ultimately, what our fundies are doing now...TODAY....in the 21st century!

I just downloaded this book onto my Kobo. I'm so stoked to read it! The title alone is amazing & the synopsis sounds fab. Never read anything by Christopher Moore but I hear he's genius!

I was just looking for something lighter, as I'd just finished Castle of Otranto, which although phenomenal (and surprising), was dark. For the FJ crowd...made me realize how bloody happy I am to have been born into this era, where women aren't seen as property to be contracted out for marriage...ultimately, what our fundies are doing now...TODAY....in the 21st century!

I've given away dozens of copies of this book. Christopher Moore is a talented writer who actually knows his research. I have all of his books and some do need to be read in order. This is my favorite due to the subject matter but all are great satirical novels that spare no sacred cows.

I've given away dozens of copies of this book. Christopher Moore is a talented writer who actually knows his research. I have all of his books and some do need to be read in order. This is my favorite due to the subject matter but all are great satirical novels that spare no sacred cows.

One of my ABSOLUTE favorites.

It's what I recommend to people who liked "Good Omens" (by Gaimen and Prachett--which is often liked by people who otherwise don't enjoy those authors individually).

If people like both "Lamb" and "good Omens" I change genres and recommend "The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse" by Robert Rankin (which has nothing to do with religion and is unrelated other than a similar, IMO, humor style. In fact, it has relatively little to do w/ hollow chocolate bunnies or an apocalypse.)

I have been checking out from the library the Benjamin January series by Barbara Hanley. It's about a free black man in New Orleans 1830s. I really like learning about that period.

Chiming in to say this is an excellent series that I look forward to rereading and catching up on someday!

I have just finished 'Dying Light' by Stuart MacBride. It's the first of his that I've read and I enjoyed it. It's a police procedural set in Aberdeen. It's a bit gruesome (not because it's set in Aberdeen although that helps set the mood - just joking to all you Aberdonians out there) but I always gloss over those bits anyway.

Now I'm going to start 'What Matters in Jane Austen'. I have eclectic taste in reading.

Archived