IGNORED

Lacy

Jessica

The thing about us is that *most* (not all) fundies know we exist and what we do. They can very easily choose to avoid us. It's as simple as not visiting our site. I suppose knowing that you are talked about, particularly in a negative light can be jarring. However, I also think that if you are in the public eye, you need to be prepared to be talked about. Really, you should be prepared to be talked about in all stages of life. Because you will be.

For people like Erin Bates or any of the Duggar children, who were brought into the public eye unwillingly due to the actions of their parents, they need not blame us. Their parents are entirely at fault for whoring out their kids on television in the name of "ministry" instead of respecting their privacy and doing what's best for their kids.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he is coming back. I suspected it as much the next morning. I'm likely to go with FormerGothardites theory, simply because it seems odd to do a hit and run like that. Most people are back within twenty four hours defending themselves some more.

Someone please tell me who is more modest than the Mennonites?

• 4 months later...
A response from the stalked, to the stalkers...

I am Levi Self. I find it rather disturbing to see that people actually waste their time pointlessly following other people, stalking and talking about people when they could be doing much more constructive things with their time. I do not wish to disclose much more information to you (as a group), as that would only give you a feeling of victory. Instead you may continue to divulge your information from other sources, if so be that you can find it. Some things I think that should be brought out, to proclaim truth, is that my family (spouse and I) DO attend a Biblical Church where we meet every Sunday and Wednesday, where the WORD of GOD is preached and practiced. Our church is not Mennonite, as we hold several key doctrinal issues from the Mennonites, and we dress more modest/plain; but we are very simiular.

My family (parents and sister) on the other hand have stopped obeying the truth, as you have deduced. They do not attend church, they do not read the WORD, and they just barely profess christianity. Removing the headcovering was just one step, but there was a heart problem first. The devil is slick and sly. He is a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Forsaking the assembly was the first wrong step. Rebellion to church authorities, another. An unwillingness to "sell all that he hath" to obtain the kingdom of God (or move to a Biblical assembly of believers), the last straw. God is longsuffering, but as you continually make the wrong choices (instead of walking in the light that you've been given), God will forsake you.

My sister now wears pants, jewlry, listens to wicked music, watches wicked movies, plays wicked games, associates with wicked people. She has turned to the world and forsaken God, given up the faith. Sure, occasionally you'll find that she has "Christian" in her bio on her blogs (etc), but when her works are held up to God's plumbline, she doesn't meet the qualifications to enter that kingdom. I have talked to her about this also, and she chooses rather to remain quiet and cold than talk about spiritual things with me. It grieves my heart to see the way she has turned. It grieves the LIVING GOD. But it also grieves me to see a group of reprobate godless heathens sitting and watching for the next Christian to stumble and fall. You fools! The wrath of GOD is turned toward you!

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure." - Psalm 2:1,4,5

"He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace." - Proverbs 11:12

"Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour." - Proverbs 14:9

"A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident." - Proverbs 14:16

"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

The king's favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame." - Proverbs 14:34,35

Sorry to bring up an old thread again, ya'll. Lacy Self here.

After discovering and reading my brother's post, I had written a long reply. There are many things that I wanted very much to respond to, but I erased it all in favor of telling him just this one thing:

Thank you for moving away.

Archived