IGNORED

Maxwells are more boring than ever lately

skankbiscuit

They have had the Anna b-day post up for almost a week. Even their conference reports have been extremely boring (even for them!) They seem to be going downhill since Christopher married NRA. I truly think he was the PR brains behind the entire operation.

I think that interesting posts are an idol to them and that Steve has told them to slow down. Poor Sarah, she seems to enjoy posting.

I know. They have been kind of boring lately, haven't they? They won't be on the road again for a while, too, huh? I think we may all be in for a lot of sporadic posts about chores and stuff like that. :(

/Going through Maxwell withdrawal

I figure there's nothing new going on. Their trip is done. They don't have new projects to share. Uriah and the house is built. No one is getting courted (or they don't want to share). Pregnancy news is off limits. Really, the only thing they can share now is chores and more chores. The Maxwells lead amazingly regimented and banal life. When they hit a dry spell, no amount of PR can make their life interesting.

Oh goody I can't wait until it time to wax the kitchen cabinets again.

Also can't wait until they take their windows off and vacuum the windowsills. I suppose we will have to wait until next summer (sigh).

Ohhh, but we should be hearing in the next 6 weeks or so about how they made a whole boatload of bread and tortured their neighbors by singing christmas carols to them :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Also can't wait until they take their windows off and vacuum the windowsills. I suppose we will have to wait until next summer (sigh).

Ohhh, but we should be hearing in the next 6 weeks or so about how they made a whole boatload of bread and tortured their neighbors by singing christmas carols to them :lol:

Be of good cheer. In slightly less than 2 months, we can read about how they spent New Year's Eve contemplating death and weeping for all the poor unsaved souls in hell.

I'm sure they've been cleaning the house from top to bottom since they returned. Since they were gone for "so long", they'll have to take down all the window treatments, wash and iron them, and clean/dust/sweep/polish every square inch of their house. :doh:

Oh goody I can't wait until it time to wax the kitchen cabinets again.

I liked it when the girls all donned aprons and cleaned out the fridge!

Hey, its almost burrito day, we haven't seen a post of those in a while. We could get lucky,maybe a picture of Steve and the boys sitting around their computers? That is always exciting. :doh:

I would like a house tour, that would be new. Come on Steve, aren't you proud of how clean and boring the house is? I want pictures, especially of the bedrooms. :dance: What does the bedroom of a 30 year old SAHD look like anyway?

Hey, its almost burrito day, we haven't seen a post of those in a while. We could get lucky,maybe a picture of Steve and the boys sitting around their computers? That is always exciting. :doh:

I would like a house tour, that would be new. Come on Steve, aren't you proud of how clean and boring the house is? I want pictures, especially of the bedrooms. :dance: What does the bedroom of a 30 year old SAHD look like anyway?

I bet the 3 "girls" share. They did have a picture once of Christmas garland strung around a bunkbed in the "girls" room.

I bet the 3 "girls" share. They did have a picture once of Christmas garland strung around a bunkbed in the "girls" room.

I remember that picture, but it didn't give us much to see. I need more, MORE!! :violin:

They are always boring. The silence probably comes from wanting to maintain Christopher's privacy...ahem. Oh, and they have nothing going on. No conferences, nothing. Nobody wants them, so who can they sell themselves to? After an extremely short fall trip in Uriah, they go nothing. They've got to be feeling rejected. A couple of years ago, they were gone for three months in the fall and the same in the spring - at least. Now? One whomping month? Their fun for the next decade was all had this past summer when they took dad to the wildlife park and had a 'party' - oh, excuse me, invited friends over and put them to work - and went on what some would call a vacation.

When your life consists of family bible time, family shopping, family cooking, family time with the lord, family exercise, family cleaning...what the hell can you take pictures of and turn into a blog post? What can you possibly do with your mundane Stevie controlled life that hasn't already been done a hundred times on the blog?

Stevie better just be taking this boring time and focusing on finding Sarah a mate. Now THAT would make them popular again! C'mon, Stevie -- it's marketing, buddy!

Stevie better just be taking this boring time and focusing on finding Sarah a mate. Now THAT would make them popular again! C'mon, Stevie -- it's marketing, buddy!

Seriously, WE have done all the work for him and found Sarah quite a few potential mates.

Sarah's ears must have been burning because she just posted a riveting account of Stevie building some sort of bunker for winter firewood. You'll want to be sitting down for that one! :)

Their popularity with certain fundie circles is dwindling a bit. The Maxwells are pretty boring compared to other families because of a lack of having friendships outside the family or with other families and the fact that they really don't do any reading for pleasure or anything that can be fun.

here goes my first post...

WHAT IS UP WITH STEVE? he is using a saw AND talking on the phone? seriously...

whenever i use one of those i never have a phone bug implanted in my head... now that i think of it -- maybe it is implanted???

hmmmmmm....

yeah i've been reading/lurking for quite some time... was waaaaaayyyy to fascinated with duggars lifestyle and started "researching" them... well to my surprise they are NOT the only ones out there... so i went from fascination to WTF? and ended up here... :) i don't come from a large family -- am not christian -- i see some similarities with my upbringing and theirs... but nothing set in stone... i moved away from my parents to go to college when i was 19... what happened there will stay there! -- and am sarah maxwell's age and single.... there we go

OLA ya'll!

You have to wonder if the children in these really isolated homes are honestly happy. You can't tell from pictures. They put on a smile for those. I mean, I can't imagine being stuck with my family, living in my parent's house and sharing a room with my sister at the age of 30. I know they have probably convinced themselves they are happy, they'd have to in order to function. I know that they are partially responsible for staying in the lifestyle, but what else do they know? Poor Sarah probably, (no not probably, she'd have to), believes that if she left her parents, she's destined for hell and that fear is what drives her to stay. She's so isolated I doubt she knows that she can be independent and still believe in God completely and go to heaven. I have no doubt Steve and Terri tell their children that people who don't live like they do are destined for hell. I just feel bad for the girls in these families.

For an "interesting twist" (notice how Sarah loves that phrase?) they could take pictures of them going shopping, getting groceries, loading the car, etc... I don't think they have ever done a post like that in the last few years.

Sarah's ears must have been burning because she just posted a riveting account of Stevie building some sort of bunker for winter firewood. You'll want to be sitting down for that one! :)

Ok, WHO is going to call Steve that he needs the phone attached to ear? He works at home(or pretends to) and he says his kids are his best friends so who will be calling? Mary going to call and chat about cleaning inside while he works outside? :doh:

That wood thing is ulgy looking anyway. I get it if its just hidden somewhere, but how is that any different than a regular stacked woodpile? Only the Maxwells could "improve" a woodpile. :clap:

Ok, WHO is going to call Steve that he needs the phone attached to ear? He works at home(or pretends to) and he says his kids are his best friends so who will be calling? Mary going to call and chat about cleaning inside while he works outside? :doh:

Maybe God will call to tell him Teri wants him to order pizza?

Archived