IGNORED

7xSunday Strabismus follow up

Guest experienced

Guest Anonymous

Re: strabismus

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »

Quick Update-took my son to the eye doctor. His eye problem (strabimus) seems to have corrected it self. The doctor saw no sign of it and I haven't noticed it for several months. AMEN. Also, his vision is very good, only a little far sighted. We ordered reading glasses to see if it helps (he dislikes reading and maybe this, along with the wandering eye, may have been part of the problem). Thanks.

She first posted about her sons problem over the summer. In Sept. she was called out for not taking the kid to the Dr. Now she writes she hadn't noticed it in several months. WTF?

She is lying.

srsly, the kid has a lazy eye for evah. And once she gets a little heat for it--sorry, it's cured now!

Guest Anonymous

She had been MIA and then posting on forums other than health. I figured she was going to jive her way out of the whole issue. Just pizzez me off.

ugh I am far sighted with strabismus, it just does not go away. I also call BS on the little far sighted. Usually strabismus develops on far sighted people because the eyes try to compensate like crazy, which tires the eyes. Hence the wearing glasses from a very early age. and far sighted don't need reading glasses (well I have a very bad eyesight so maybe I'm wrong, but you just don't see anything well, not like short sighted where you can see well from very close...)

My daughter had 2 lazy eyes(not the kind that look like it)when she was little(around age 4). She went to a pediatric opthamologist even 3 months and got her prescription changed every couple months for a year and that corrected it.She still wore glasses everyday. She is now 12 and just at her last check up was told she only needs glasses for reading.

I don't follow that blog so I never saw the son, but you need serious opthamologist followups to even try to correct a lazy eye with glasses.Its not a homeschool project.

My brothers and I all had strabismus that required surgery to fix (mine required two). I remember our opthamologist recommending exercises to do with the eyes to cut back on the compensation, and my one brother made progress with glasses from age 2 or 3. It's rare that strabismus can completely go away due to those measures though - and pretty much no way that it would just heal itself. Also I had perfect vision actually when I had strabismus, it doesn't have to create poor vision.

Yeah, what she wrote is BS. I don't know whether it's that she doesn't want to deal with it, though, or if she has a shitty doctor.

"It's the darndest thing, she falls down a well and her eyes cross, she gets kicked in the head by a mule and they go back."

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that thought of this quote when reading her reply.

Archived