IGNORED

Fundie guide of dos and don’ts

JermajestyDuggar

The Shaw family doesn’t have a thread so I’ll just make a new one here. 3 things single girls should/shouldn’t do according to Justus Shaw with his sisters approval. I figure this will give you all a big laugh at the ridiculousness. 

1) wear ball caps on bad hair days because they are cute.

2) don’t wear big Hoka brightly colored tennis shoes if you aren’t exercising. 

3) don’t bring up any medical issues when you first meet a guy. Like if you’re gluten free. Because he will just think of all the medical bills. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4dU2ZqrQUx/?igsh=a2N5ZmY1MzlmdzJl

E5F84DC7-E670-40D3-B8D4-EE31E055986C.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 13
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

#3 is both sad and enraging. Disabled women are off the dating table, apparently. Also, if medical bills are such a concern and turn off, consider universal healthcare. 😜

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

2 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

#3 is both sad and enraging. Disabled women are off the dating table, apparently. Also, if medical bills are such a concern and turn off, consider universal healthcare. 😜

Yep. You would think fundies would be the first to vote for universal health care since they are so “pro-life” and want to have enormous families. But it’s the opposite. Thanks to the religious right convincing them that universal health care is bad. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. You would think fundies would be the first to vote for universal health care since they are so “pro-life” and want to have enormous families. But it’s the opposite. Thanks to the religious right convincing them that universal health care is bad. 

Literally the only reason they oppose it is that it means "the wrong sort of people" would also get help. If they could guarantee that only "good christian people" got universal healthcare they'd be all for it. But if a single dime of "their" taxes goes to help someone who doesn't align with their preferences, they get enraged about it.

Of course there's also a lot of racism in this as well. Often "not the right sort" also means "not white". 

I have my own list of things single women should/shouldn't do! It's short, don't worry.

1 - don't take advice from random men on what you should and shouldn't do

2 - do whatever the heck you want, and be your own person

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

1 - don't take advice from random men on what you should and shouldn't do

2 - do whatever the heck you want, and be your own person

3 - run from ableist assholes. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

What fundies really want is no social safety net at all AND no insurance, but with everyone giving the equivalent sum to their church so they can flex their money and power over the elderly, the sick, and the poor like the good old days.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

wear ball caps on bad hair days because they are cute.

Might want to run this by Jill R, the queen of bedazzled baseball caps.

don’t wear big Hoka brightly colored tennis shoes if you aren’t exercising. 

Thanks for the fashion advice, dude. Why don’t you try wearing heels or flip flops for a day and see how your feet feel? 

don’t bring up any medical issues when you first meet a guy. Like if you’re gluten free. Because he will just think of all the medical bills. 

Gluten free is a bad example. Sometimes it’s necessary due to serious health issues, and sometimes it’s just a lifestyle choice. Either way, medical issues can come up at any time, and could affect the husband as well as the wife. You could marry someone and within months they could develop a serious health issue (see Carlin and Evan). I’m betting friend Justus would bail on the relationship. 

I see Hawaiian surfing boy (Elijah what’s-his-name, the Duggar boys’ friend) likes him. That’s par for the course. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Might want to run this by Jill R, the queen of bedazzled baseball caps.

Thanks for the fashion advice, dude. Why don’t you try wearing heels or flip flops for a day and see how your feet feel? 

Gluten free is a bad example. Sometimes it’s necessary due to serious health issues, and sometimes it’s just a lifestyle choice. Either way, medical issues can come up at any time, and could affect the husband as well as the wife. You could marry someone and within months they could develop a serious health issue (see Carlin and Evan). I’m betting friend Justus would bail on the relationship. 

I see Hawaiian surfing boy (Elijah what’s-his-name, the Duggar boys’ friend) likes him. That’s par for the course. 

Justus knows the Bateses too. I don’t think he’s close with some FJ fundies but he definitely knows a lot of them. They live in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I always kind of thought a Bates boy would go after one of the single Shaw girls. Because they are all very pretty and dress mainstream. And we know that’s what all the bates boys seem to like in a wife. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always kind of thought a Bates boy would go after one of the single Shaw girls. Because they are all very pretty and dress mainstream. And we know that’s what all the bates boys seem to like in a wife. 

But are they tall? The Bates boys tend to prefer girls even taller than them (eg Lydia/Trace). Gotta make up for their own lack of verticality. 😀

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, marmalade said:

But are they tall? The Bates boys tend to prefer girls even taller than them (eg Lydia/Trace). Gotta make up for their own lack of verticality. 😀

Lol I think they are just average height. 

• Upvote 3

On our first date my girlfriend told me that she gets migraines when it rains because she has a condition called a venus angioma. In response I got a fake phone call, cut the date short, and never talked to her again because ain’t no way I was dealing w that shit  told her about this thing I have called a hemangioma where if I bite my tongue hard enough it bleeds a lot. And we bonded over it!

Also the Shaws confuse me. Like back when they did bios the dad’s was like Bill has written astronaut training manuals and does play by play for high school football and I’m like how do you go from that to hanging around with the Duggars??

• Upvote 5

Fundie don'ts:

• Do not ever never ever date. Courtship is the only way.
  • Never be alone with a member of the opposite sex.
  • Do not ever never ever touch, hold hands, hug, embrace, or kiss when courting - or any other time.
  • Do not email or phone call when courting unless another person, preferably a parent, is listening to the call/ reading the email.
  • Do not ever never ever think sexual thoughts prior to marriage. Preferably do not ever never ever acknowledge sex exists.
  • Girls - do not ever never ever think about any higher education. Remain joyfully at home -- serving you father first, then your family. If God wants you to marry, the right godly man will just pop up on the doorstep.
  • Girls - do not ever never ever think about having a job, much less a career.  Those thoughts are from Satan. There is no reason ever for a woman to work outside the home. A woman thinking of or having a job is a Jezebel.  Repent now!
  • Girls - do not ever never ever disobey a man, any man - men are in charge. Do not ever never ever disagree with a man - you have a girl brain and aren't smart enough. Do not ever never ever have any thoughts or ideas of your own -- a man will tell you what to think and do.

Fundie Dos

• Boys - know that because you have a penis you are in charge of everything, everywhere, all at once, all the time. You are always large and in charge; women , all women, must obey you instantly. 
  • Boys - know that your penis makes you smarter that every woman in the entire world.
  • Girls - remember that once you are married you must have sex with your husband whenever he wants, as many times as he wants. There is no reason at all to ever even intimate you are not joyfully available to him.
  • Boys - remember once you are married you can have have sex with your wife whenever you want, as many times as you want. There is no reason at all  for your wife to ever even intimate she is not joyfully available to you.
  • Remember men decide and rule, women submit. Men are in charge of everything; women have no agency and don't count.  
  • Remember men are strong, manly, smart godly providers and protectors. Women are weak, feminine helpmeets. Women are easily lead, unable to function without a strong manly smart godly provider and protector (father husband brother) to tell them what to do. 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 12:28 PM, Alisamer said:

Literally the only reason they oppose it is that it means "the wrong sort of people" would also get help. If they could guarantee that only "good christian people" got universal healthcare they'd be all for it. But if a single dime of "their" taxes goes to help someone who doesn't align with their preferences, they get enraged about it.

Of course there's also a lot of racism in this as well. Often "not the right sort" also means "not white". 

Unless the person in question is someone you are going out with , because no one else from your particular church has so far shown any interest in you , and your in your upper 30's , and not getting any younger . In which case , he's "one of the good ones " , unlike the " lazy Mexican illegals " , whom supposedly want to rely upon the government to take care of them .  Every rule has an exception , whenever it is convenient to serving their personal purpose .   And I mean all things being equal I don't have a problem with interracial romance , believe it or not .  I have simply noticed that the right-wing Christian fundamentalists can be rather selective in their prejudices .  Just as long as a person of color fits their mold , they will tend to be welcoming of them , even possibly as prospective spouses of their children , in some cases in which the fundies aren't Kinists .   In such scenarios , Black Republican Christians could seemingly share more kinship with them than a White Democrat , whom is not what they'd regard to be a "true Christian " , even if the latter happens to be literally kin to them , as a brother in the flesh , rather than simply a brother in the faith .