IGNORED

"Who wants to rub Jim Boob's feet for a nickle?"

donks

Ew. No. Hell no.

And yeah, Michelle was "out of the loop" when Josie was in the NICU, so Jill became the banker of the family... and is still the banker. Awesome job, Michelle, like Jill didn't have enough on her plate already.

It is interesting that submission is not listed at all in these top ten rules. Most are what he should do for her. And they mention the husband showing respect for the wife and respect for each other. That is different from other advice where the man needs respect and the woman needs love and attention.

So if they go to the store and they want to spend $3 of their money on something like a big giant jar of pickles,

REALLY??? She makes them buy PICKLES with their own money??? I can understand candy or soda, but pickles???

And then there's this gem: "I used to carry a little small ledger book in my purse to help keep track of the kids' spending. But now I've let our daughter Jill (age 20) take over that responsibility."

Seriously, why do anything yourself when you have a daughter who can do it for you?

Mother of the year, yeah, right. :evil:

It is a good idea to teach the kids to save their money but I think that foot rubs should be between spouses. I don't know why but it seems intimate to me. It isn't something that I would want my kdis to do for me.

This is another example of why having so many kids is wrong. Keeping track of a few kids spending money wouldn't be hard

I don't find foot rubs intimate, really.

And I doubt "correcting" one's wife actually means spanking them. Can you really imagine lovestruck Jim Bob whacking Michelle? Really? Knowing Jim Bob it probably means criticize. The rest of the list is... actually rather "helpmeet"ish on JB's part.

It is interesting that submission is not listed at all in these top ten rules. Most are what he should do for her. And they mention the husband showing respect for the wife and respect for each other. That is different from other advice where the man needs respect and the woman needs love and attention.

I find it interesting that reproducing takes priority over basic respect.

I do think that Jimbob loves Michelle. I also don't think that he is the head of the house in more than name. If Michelle wanted to change their life, I think that Jimbob would go along with her.

Fuck. No. Feet aren't my favorite thing on anyone, let alone that tool. I don't think I've ever seen him without shoes and socks, which makes me imagine his feet being all nasty and sweaty. :angry-screaming:

I've always hated their ledger system, especially because it's not voluntary. The parents are just plain old control freaks, and they want to veto purchases and keep track of everything their kids buy. The way I see it, if a kid gets an allowance and loses the money, then they've just learned a valuable lesson. If they really need you to keep track of it for them, then they are probably to young to really understand the concept of money in the first place. If they're older but just irresponsible, then they'll learn their lesson when they go to a store and can't afford what they want because they carelessly lost their money.

I think it's just a pretense that they keep track of a ledger because the kids lose money. In reality, it's to make sure their kids can't hoard up quarters to buy things to escape, or to buy things they disapprove of, like music. They are just so controlling. I wonder if they still keep track of all of Josh's income and spending :P

i'm an adult. the thought of someone like Boob 'correcting' me in any way, shape or form offends me to my very core.

Ew. Ick. I think feet are nasty anyway (except for kitty feets) buy JimBoob reeeeeaaalllllyyyy grosses me out.

i wonder if Anna has to rub Smuggars big, flat, flabby feet? you just KNOW they smell horrendous... *puke*

It is a good idea to teach the kids to save their money but I think that foot rubs should be between spouses. I don't know why but it seems intimate to me. It isn't something that I would want my kdis to do for me.

My mom asked me to rub her feet and calves all the time as a kid and even now. My dad can't give a massage to save his life, and I'm pretty decent at them. Intimacy is subjective.

My mom used to make us rub her feet, and we didn't get any compensation for it either. She was a stingy bitch though. I must have been a teenager before I enjoyed an entire stick of gum to myself. Half a stick is good enough for one of the kids!

That ledger system does seem a bit controlling. When I was a kid my dad did keep my money for me to make sure I didn't lose any, but I like his system better. He would save old checks from the bank and give them to me. When I wanted some of my money he had me write out a check for the amount. It was his way of teaching me how to write a check. I also had to fill out a deposit slip when I gave him more money to hold. By the time I was old enough to have my own bank account, I was able to do everything on my own. Of course that's probably way too much independence for the Duggar children to have. And the thought of Jim Bob's feet makes me want to :puke-front:

Archived