IGNORED

M is for Mama 15

Coconut Flan

Wow! 45 days trip. Europe is not cheap and big housing/appartments in major cities are not common. It won't be easy to rent airbnb. Usually, hotels are maximum 4 person per room (1 adult 3 children) and Ezra does not count as an adult. Museums and ammenities tickets are not cheap, too. They are not that rich... A normal 4 people middle class family would have difficulties to pay a 45 days trip abroad and they can do it? I'm amazed. But I wonder if she did a real budget.

Other problems: Public transport is needed for tourism and they are not used to it. It could be a good educational tool, but a nightmare with all that excited/exhausted toddlers. Touristic apartments rarely have a dryer machine, what will she do with ALL the laundry? She will spend hours in a laundromat... Or they will dress dirty probably...

• Upvote 6

@danvillebelle no masks required in Europe except in hospitals and similar places. Not a problem for Abbie. 

Portugal and Spain are not cheaper than France, specially the most touristic cities. Tourism in Germany can be cheaper than in Barcelona. England is more expensive (or it was before the brexit). In my experience.

• Upvote 1

If they stayed out of central London for the UK they could probably rent a house for a week for under $5000. Not sure how that compares to hotels, although given they'd need a suite or similar possibly in the same range.They'd definitely need to factor in public transport and entry costs. Obviously if they went further out again they could probably find cheaper still, but then transport really does become more problematic and they would probably need two cars.

I'm still fantasising over hiring out the Knightsbridge town house, but unfortunately even if I got a group of friends together it's still out of our price range! I may need to buy a lottery ticket, just to dream.

• Upvote 1

Years ago, I watched a Let’s Make A Deal episode from the early 70s where the Big Deal(which wasn’t chosen)was a 66-day cruise.  I(along with some other YouTube commenters)wondered about the logistics of such a cruise—getting time off work, etc.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Years ago, I watched a Let’s Make A Deal episode from the early 70s where the Big Deal(which wasn’t chosen)was a 66-day cruise.  I(along with some other YouTube commenters)wondered about the logistics of such a cruise—getting time off work, etc.

It’s funny because I imagine that might be more doable today than the 70s. Thanks to the uptick of working remote via the interwebs. 

• Upvote 2

This trip and the length of such is ALL about Abbie. Clearly she couldn’t decide between a shorter trip and leaving some of the little boys (5 youngest) at home with her mom, and the longer trip and bringing all the kids. She solved her problem by hiring the sitter to bring along. Abbie has shared a fair amount of her travels on her SM. They don’t really seem to do much when they travel. She likes to shop and he seems to like being outdoors. I don’t see many museums, gardens, hikes, plays, tourist sites on their agenda. Plus won’t Shaun need to work a good deal of the time? Today we are returning to the US from an overseas trip. My husband worked remotely almost every weekday (a couple of hours a day) of our 3 week trip. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This trip and the length of such is ALL about Abbie. Clearly she couldn’t decide between a shorter trip and leaving some of the little boys (5 youngest) at home with her mom, and the longer trip and bringing all the kids. She solved her problem by hiring the sitter to bring along. Abbie has shared a fair amount of her travels on her SM. They don’t really seem to do much when they travel. She likes to shop and he seems to like being outdoors. I don’t see many museums, gardens, hikes, plays, tourist sites on their agenda. Plus won’t Shaun need to work a good deal of the time? Today we are returning to the US from an overseas trip. My husband worked remotely almost every weekday (a couple of hours a day) of our 3 week trip. 

She will visit places that look good in pictures on Instagram. Her trip will be determined by which place is best for selfies. Well I shouldn’t say selfies. I bet she hired that nanny as a photographer too. 

• Upvote 7

Y'all know that Abbie legit loves the teens. They're rad and cool and so is she. And she knows when a beat is too sweet to pass up. 

It's another shuffle post. I cringed so hard that my body curled into itself. Sometimes the level of second hand embarrassment is almost too much. Poor Simon keeps getting roped into these videos. The shuffle trend has been over for months now and in teenager time that's like five years. In other words, old like Abbie when she tries to be hip and relatable. It's amazing to me that 12,000 people think this is good. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230420-1001242.png.11f4b50ba70876fef1f1c11222164b43.png

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 2

I'm cringing so hard at that post my body is rigid and my eyes are squeezed shut tight.

Simon does NOT love her idea. Oh yes he totally understands the "assignment." How could he not.  Braggie wants it, so Simon has to agree and pretend it's cool and rad.

I'm sure all of the children understand what happens if you don't love Braggie's idea. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

What I hate even more about her post is how it’s so completely opposite of her toddler posts. We get it Braggie. You hate toddlers and love teens. What a great mom you are 🙄

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What I hate even more about her post is how it’s so completely opposite of her toddler posts. We get it Braggie. You hate toddlers and love teens. What a great mom you are 🙄

And the only reason for that is because she’s never had a challenging teen. She’d kick out, or worse, a horrible teen. I also think we’re going to be getting an announcement soon…

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And the only reason for that is because she’s never had a challenging teen. She’d kick out, or worse, a horrible teen. I also think we’re going to be getting an announcement soon…

I could easily see her sending a spirited teen off to one of those abusive Christian boot camps. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm cringing so hard at that post my body is rigid and my eyes are squeezed shut tight.

Simon does NOT love her idea. Oh yes he totally understands the "assignment." How could he not.  Braggie wants it, so Simon has to agree and pretend it's cool and rad.

I'm sure all of the children understand what happens if you don't love Braggie's idea. 

Her #simamashuffles hashtag makes me want to crawl out of my skin. How does she have such a following when she's so out of touch?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I always lose track of how old Abbie's kids are, but she loves the teen years because the older kids have been trained into submission and won't argue with her in order to keep the peace. Whether this will hold true for her younger kids is anyone's guess.

While I was trying to find her kids ages I came across a review of her book with a beginning that made me laugh out loud.

Spoiler

I read this book and didn't like it. Then I listened to it on audio because someone said it was better and I didn't like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19

33 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I always lose track of how old Abbie's kids are, but she loves the teen years because the older kids have been trained into submission and won't argue with her in order to keep the peace. Whether this will hold true for her younger kids is anyone's guess.

While I was trying to find her kids ages I came across a review of her book with a beginning that made me laugh out loud.

Hide contents

I read this book and didn't like it. Then I listened to it on audio because someone said it was better and I didn't like it.

My belief is that fundie teens learn how to lie and hide things really well. Look at Josh Duggar as an example. He was not an easy teen. He probably did everything his parents told him to do. But then he hid the fact that he was molesting his sisters. I’m not saying all fundies molest. I’m saying many fundies hide things they think their parents won’t approve of. They look like perfect kids on the outside but I bet they are full of anxiety and guilt. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

37 minutes ago, Smee said:

She likes teens because teens are old enough to cook and clean and babysit toddlers. 

By that definition her "teenagers" start from about 8 years old.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

By Abbie’s standards, her mom is still a teenager. Wonder if Abbie EVER pitched in and helped anyone as a youngster? Teen? Doubt it.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

By Abbie’s standards, her mom is still a teenager. Wonder if Abbie EVER pitched in and helped anyone as a youngster? Teen? Doubt it.

That’s the thing about Braggie. She was never a sister mom. She was a spoiled fundie princess growing up. I’m not saying she was spoiled by rich parents. I don’t think they were poor and I don’t think they were rich. But she was spoiled by her mother with huge amounts of attention. I doubt she was saddled with a ton of chores and she never had to care for a sibling. I think her mother put Braggie before herself all the time. So she set a standard that Braggie is more important than others. Braggie is the center of that family. It’s very obvious. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 4/22/2023 at 11:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s the thing about Braggie. She was never a sister mom. She was a spoiled fundie princess growing up. I’m not saying she was spoiled by rich parents. I don’t think they were poor and I don’t think they were rich. But she was spoiled by her mother with huge amounts of attention. I doubt she was saddled with a ton of chores and she never had to care for a sibling. I think her mother put Braggie before herself all the time. So she set a standard that Braggie is more important than others. Braggie is the center of that family. It’s very obvious. 

And yet her mother raised her fundie, which helped make her who she is. For all the fundies seem spoiled, it's clear that Abbie was deprived. She wanted to go to high school, hang out at the mall, watch MTV, maybe be a cheerleader and be cool rad. It's why she likes shopping so much. It's why she does the Tik-Tok dances with Simon. She and Jill R and so many fundies missed out on their young and cool years and try to make up for it the rest of their lives.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Abbie is exactlyblike Jill Rodrigues, but with a better education and a more succesful.husband. Both were praised nonstop by their parents and they were praise addicts (he fundier, the more praised, so they married and start getting pregnant because of that reason). At the same time, both were deprived of their real goals: real college and job for Abbie, pageant contests and cosmethology job and joining a theater* company for Jill. They both think they are very pretty and I'm sure they would have enjoyed dating. They were victms. And both have been awful selfish moms who train kids to be their friends and servants 

And both dress ridiculously. And both buy eleventy clothes for themselves. And both travel, go to restaurants and purchase too much decor.

*I recall something like that, i may be wrong, though

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Oh yes I’ve said for years Braggie and Jill are just alike. Give just feeds her shopping addiction at Anthropologie while Jill feeds hers at goodwill. 

• Upvote 5

Anyone see her latest post, one of the twin boys passport photos got rejected, she resubmitted, but don't think the toddler has a passport yet. Let's see how this plays out, will Jesus help her???🤔

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 8

@Melissa1977, I think Jill wanted to join some kind of singing organization.

(I just remembered that, back around 1980, my baby sister, who has been a musical prodigy since she was a toddler, wanted to attend a college-based music program for high schoolers, but our mother wouldn’t let her because wHaT iF tHeRe ArE dRuGs ThErE. [I think it really was because Mom was a control freak—she wouldn’t let me live away at college either.])

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic