IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can

Coconut Flan

The Bontragers were in NW Arkansas for their tour so Hannie got to see her friend, Liz. I’m glad Hannie has a friend outside of her family but Bontragers are pretty awful in their beliefs. They can be even worse than the Duggars when it comes to conspiracy crap. 

2CB1C9A8-CFED-420E-A058-E37F32B24197.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Meggo said:

How old is the friend? Is she Hannie's age? She looks SO much older.

She’s 19. So not that much older. Just 2 years.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s 19. So not that much older. Just 2 years.

Friend is wearing may more makeup and/or has been in a tanning booth.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, gustava said:

Friend is wearing may more makeup and/or has been in a tanning booth.  

It’s a Bontrager thing. Her oldest sister Chelsy is even more in love with black eyeliner and fake tanning. Chelsy is married to John Maxwell.

• Upvote 7

On 1/17/2023 at 5:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s a Bontrager thing. Her oldest sister Chelsy is even more in love with black eyeliner and fake tanning. Chelsy is married to John Maxwell.

Does Becky also use a bunch? I swear she's the same color as Liz and Chelsy, and even Rebecca is only a little bit lighter skin toned.

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Does Becky also use a bunch? I swear she's the same color as Liz and Chelsy, and even Rebecca is only a little bit lighter skin toned.

I think she either refuses to use any sort of sunscreen and she gets very tan because she spends plenty of time outdoors. Or she uses self tanner. 

• Upvote 3

Can't believe Hannie is 17 OMFG. 

(Also can't believe we're questioning who will marry and have babies first Hannie vs Jana!)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

17 hours ago, imokit said:

Can't believe Hannie is 17 OMFG. 

(Also can't believe we're questioning who will marry and have babies first Hannie vs Jana!)

As we all know, we actually have seen very little of the Duggars actual lives and what they’ve portrayed on TV in the past, is only partially true in terms of how they live. Jana is 33 YO and I doubt JB is monitoring and directing her every breath. In terms of being free, Jana is probably the freest Duggar on the planet. 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

As we all know, we actually have seen very little of the Duggars actual lives and what they’ve portrayed on TV in the past, is only partially true in terms of how they live. Jana is 33 YO and I doubt JB is monitoring and directing her every breath. In terms of being free, Jana is probably the freest Duggar on the planet. 

I don't think so. Unless JB and Michelle have rejected Gothardism, if Jana is still living in their home, she is playing by the SAHD rules.  She may have figured out ways to make it work for her, but the mindset Gothard teaches and the Duggars operated by by was all rules based with little exceptions. Marriage is the only way out of your father's headship authority. 

Perhaps she has approved outlets like renovating a sibling's home or something, but she is still under Jim Bob's umbrella, and I don't see why that would change. In fact, he may have more input now since there are less kids at home. I think she has options if she wanted them - she probably could go live with a sibling or become a missionary and be under God's headship directly maybe, but I don't think she has freedom while living at the Big House.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I don't think so. Unless JB and Michelle have rejected Gothardism, if Jana is still living in their home, she is playing by the SAHD rules.  She may have figured out ways to make it work for her, but the mindset Gothard teaches and the Duggars operated by by was all rules based with little exceptions. Marriage is the only way out of your father's headship authority. 

Perhaps she has approved outlets like renovating a sibling's home or something, but she is still under Jim Bob's umbrella, and I don't see why that would change. In fact, he may have more input now since there are less kids at home. I think she has options if she wanted them - she probably could go live with a sibling or become a missionary and be under God's headship directly maybe, but I don't think she has freedom while living at the Big House.

I don’t know…both JB and M seemed to be checked out of the parenting gig long ago. What would they even know about parenting an approaching middle aged woman? I have a 32 YO, and he hasn’t needed parenting in a decade +. I am sure Jana has JB chores that she must complete in order to earn her keep, but I can’t imagine that either JB or M are micromanaging her time. Heck, years ago, they couldn’t even muster up an interest in parenting their minor children. Jana probably does loosely oversee (her past legal problems as an example of loosely) the house and younger kids as her parents cavort about. Jana could very well be used much like M is for Mama uses her mother to be the 3rd parent to her children.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to see Jan’s move out on her own like Sarah Maxwell.

Absolutely. I think she is the most capable of all the G-2 Duggars, especially at managing a healthy, independent life. She has tangible skills that she could be using to earn a living, which is a good start.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

At this point, JB has a high level of trust in Jana so I don’t think he’s micromanaging her life. She’s not rebellious, not gonna sneak around trying to break rules. None of the siblings in the house will usurp her role as eldest daughter so that gives her some cache. Apparently that’s enough for her. These days I don’t see Jana so much as doing hands on parenting to the younger kids in the family/extended family, but rather she’s probably more in the role of a ward supervisor overseeing her younger sisters and Mack as they take on the tasks of caring for the little ones. That way Jana’s available whenever JB needs assistance: to run any kind of errands, stand in for he or Michelle if necessary, take care of paperwork, etc. She’d be his Gal Friday.

• Upvote 7

I wonder how much Jana actually has to to do in the house these days - Josie is turning 14 this year I believe. The youngest girls are not babies anymore, Johanna turns 18 this year meaning only 3 minor children remaining. We know that their “school” is mostly just them following a h9me schooling thing on a computer. 

So what the heck is she doing? Who lives there still - JB and M, Jana, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie, Jackson….are Jason and James normally gone or still there? There cannot be anywhere near the level of chores remaining that there once was. So does Jana just babysit her nieces and nephews all day or…..what? I did nothing today and I’m bored as hell. How she can live like this every day is beyond me.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I wonder how much Jana actually has to to do in the house these days - Josie is turning 14 this year I believe.

Gothard said never do anything your kids can do for you. Maybe Jana applies that to the lost girls?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 3

I wonder how much the younger Duggars have to do- it seems in most families that the older kids always had more responsibility than the younger ones do when they reach that age (if that makes sense). Less people in the house, less stuff to manage, less insanity involved when they shop or travel or whatever, added to the fact that they are the "babies" of the family, I could see the jurisdictions and stuff falling by the wayside. 

• I Agree 3

10 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I wonder how much Jana actually has to to do in the house these days - Josie is turning 14 this year I believe. The youngest girls are not babies anymore, Johanna turns 18 this year meaning only 3 minor children remaining. We know that their “school” is mostly just them following a h9me schooling thing on a computer. 

So what the heck is she doing? Who lives there still - JB and M, Jana, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie, Jackson….are Jason and James normally gone or still there? There cannot be anywhere near the level of chores remaining that there once was. So does Jana just babysit her nieces and nephews all day or…..what? I did nothing today and I’m bored as hell. How she can live like this every day is beyond me.

And JTyler 

• Upvote 6

James changed the name of his Youtube channel from "Duggar gone wild" to "Duggar Vlog". I guess someone informed him about "Girls gone wild"... :)

He put up another video. I watched it so you don't have to. He's horribly obnoxious. He and a bunch of friends/brothers are at the Duggar house. They are spinning their cars around in the snow/mud. We all know that girls love that so much. Then there's a few scenes from inside the house. Some interesting things from that part: 

Kendra and Joe are there with at least their two oldest kids. I guess the youngest are there as well, but I didn't see them. She's on camera and talks to James, and let him film her kids. I did not expect that. 

Jed&Katey, Jer&Hanna, Jason, Jackson, some younger kids and M-kids are there. And we can also spot the Seewalds. You can tell that some of the featured girls/women are really tired of James trying to be cool. They don't even try to hide it. 

Screenshot from the video: James and Garrett are playing outside. 

1D4F39F4-9C51-4568-8FCB-6F872FDD027E_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 17

Based on the glimpses of James we’ve seen in his videos, I hope he doesn’t plan to marry any time soon. He comes off as immature in an obnoxious frat-boy way. He is in no way ready to settle down with a wife and a flock of babies. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

James changed the name of his Youtube channel from "Duggar gone wild" to "Duggar Vlog". I guess someone informed him about "Girls gone wild"... :)

He put up another video. I watched it so you don't have to. He's horribly obnoxious. He and a bunch of friends/brothers are at the Duggar house. They are spinning their cars around in the snow/mud. We all know that girls love that so much. Then there's a few scenes from inside the house. Some interesting things from that part: 

Kendra and Joe are there with at least their two oldest kids. I guess the youngest are there as well, but I didn't see them. She's on camera and talks to James, and let him film her kids. I did not expect that. 

Jed&Katey, Jer&Hanna, Jason, Jackson, some younger kids and M-kids are there. And we can also spot the Seewalds. You can tell that some of the featured girls/women are really tired of James trying to be cool. They don't even try to hide it. 

this is the single most annoying video I've watched in my life.

Addison and Brooklyn look to be both present - at 6.27 the camera pans round to Addison who is crying and you can see her mini-me Brooklyn in the background wearing a purple coat. So it's only the mystery baby unaccounted-for. That clip really made Kendra seem very subdued and mature compared to James - and she's not that much older than him. She's grown up very fast.

• Upvote 10

49 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

That clip really made Kendra seem very subdued and mature compared to James - and she's not that much older than him. She's grown up very fast.

That’s what happens when you have baby after baby after baby after rumoured baby. 

• Upvote 26
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

Haven't seen a clear pic of Garrett in awhile. Why would they comb his hair to look like the infamous Duggar hairline started before kindergarten???

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

On 1/21/2023 at 1:58 PM, allyisyourpally5 said:

That's still a lot of cleaning, cooking and laundry.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Haven't seen a clear pic of Garrett in awhile. Why would they comb his hair to look like the infamous Duggar hairline started before kindergarten???

That kid's a spitting image of Joe. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 45: Life with Josh in Prison and Marrying as Fast as They Can
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic