IGNORED

Charles and Camilla

QuiverFullofBooks

I don't think H&M have thing one or two to do with who shows up or doesn't at the coronation concert.  They aren't that significant any more.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Right? These iconic artists have either real deep seated issues with monarchy or have other things planned they just can’t blow off. I honestly don’t think They give two flying fucks about ginger bread and Meg and their family drama.  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Right? These iconic artists have either real deep seated issues with monarchy or have other things planned they just can’t blow off. I honestly don’t think They give two flying fucks about ginger bread and Meg and their family drama.  

Exactly. And we'll never knew why they declined the "honor" of performing at the Coronation. They aren't going to say, "Well, we don't like the monarchy and what it stands for." They are just going to say, "We're too busy." 

There are lots of reasons celebrities might not want to support the monarchy. Harry and Meghan's treatment are one of the minor reasons. Stealing precious jewelry from India is one of the major ones. And slavery.  Two pretty important things.

Celebrities have their brands and they dont' want to be associated with slavery and theft.

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think H&M have thing one or two to do with who shows up or doesn't at the coronation concert.  They aren't that significant any more.  

Which is exactly what they wanted, and why they left England. You don't move to California if you want to be relevant to the British royal family.

They do get a lot of attention from the British press, but they are certainly not seeking it out.

They get plenty of deserved attention for their charitable work, and Harry's record-breaking bestseller, and their successful Netflix docuseries. Meghan gets attention because everything she wears sells out. She is an enormous influencer.

But the BRF? No, they don't want to be relevant with them. Many people seem to feel that way, judging from the trouble Charles is having finding singers for his Coronation.

It‘s more than likely that some musicians were asked and said no for whatever reason. It happens, especially with those who plan their tour calender about two years in advance. The comment from Ed Sheeran‘s spokesperson suggests that the list posted here is unreliable though. However, I doubt any of those declined out of sympathy for Harry & Meghan. That made me LOL.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

It‘s more than likely that some musicians were asked and said no for whatever reason. It happens, especially with those who plan their tour calender about two years in advance. The comment from Ed Sheeran‘s spokesperson suggests that the list posted here is unreliable though. However, I doubt any of those declined out of sympathy for Harry & Meghan. That made me LOL.

You know, I wouldn't have thought so either--if you just view it as a family spat. But a lot of people see the racism in the situation (it's pretty obvs). They don't want their brands damaged by accusations of racism. Others, like Tyler Perry, actually hate racism. 

Not to mention the sexism. The press has basically thrown every sexist trope they can think of at Meghan--ambitious, gold digging, jealous. All the things people say when they want to insult a woman. It's so over the top that it becomes damaging to a brand. Look at Jeremy Clarkson. No one wants to support anyone on his "side"--and the Queen Consort is his good friend.

Meghan and Harry are not the topic of this thread. If you want to discuss them take it to their thread.

• Upvote 8

I don't understand why Charles is so afraid and angry about comments like, "He didn't hug me, but told me everything would be OK." and "he asked us not to make his lives a misery."  (paraphrased)

Why would the King of the Commonwealth be so angry and distraught about a book that says these things? It makes him sound like a weak man. 

Grant you, the things Harry said about Camilla clearly indicate he didn't much like her. But still, she's immensely wealthy and married to the King of England. Why does she care?

If they'd laughed and said, "Well, he has a point. . . " or "He's entitled to his opinion. . . " it would show a stronger, healthier character.

Now even Biden is not going to the Coronation. I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Charles. I hope he can find 2000 guests who even want to attend.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:56 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Harry and Meghan don't, of course. Racist behavior, though, makes people shy away. It might be more accurate to say that the RF's behavior makes people shy away from association with them.

Look at Tyler Perry. Didn't want to be godfather if he had to go to the UK for a royal christening.

It's really all about branding. The world has seen the way a Black woman was treated by the royal family. Many have called it racism. No one wants racism associated with their brand.

Edited by Jackie3

Charles may want to rethink some aspects of his coronation:1585775177_CoronationProtocols.thumb.png.f46a4c4ac75d5bfdab564ae4c2302f2e.png

That Twitter account is quite interesting, BTW.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Charles may want to rethink some aspects of his coronation:1585775177_CoronationProtocols.thumb.png.f46a4c4ac75d5bfdab564ae4c2302f2e.png

That Twitter account is quite interesting, BTW.

Eeew. I dont even know what a civet is. But ewww. (Off to Google what it is)

14 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I'm starting to worry he won't be able to fill his 2,000 guest list. 

Of course you are.

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Charles is a huge classical music aficionado

He is that. I still remember the glorious music at his wedding to Diana. The coronation "play list" looks to be just as good.

There are some advantages to being king. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Hopefully he didn't start planning it until he was at least 10.  😄

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

He is that. I still remember the glorious music at his wedding to Diana. The coronation "play list" looks to be just as good.

There are some advantages to being king. 

He's having difficulties finding celebrity singes to perform. 

I mean..the basics and the location  have been in place for only about a thousand years and the guest lists are  the same people they that always been invited to coronations more or less. They aren’t exactly re inventing the wheel here. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

He's having difficulties finding celebrity singes to perform. 

Guessing you don't know who Bryn Terfel is or anything about his stellar career in opera and vocal music. ETA: Not to mention as well Andrew Lloyd Webber. The other listed performers are well known and highly regarded.

Also, there are two musical occasions -- the actual coronation and the day-after concert. They seem to still be looking for "celebrity" performers for the second event.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Also, there are two musical occasions -- the actual coronation and the day-after concert. They seem to still be looking for "celebrity" performers for the second event.

And not finding them.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I mean..the basics and the location  have been in place for only about a thousand years and the guest lists are  the same people they that always been invited to coronations more or less. They aren’t exactly re inventing the wheel here. 

I'm guessing you mean "descents of the same people" lol. Charles understandably only wants living people at his Coronation. But you are right, I suppose it will be descendants from the same clique.

Was it here that I read that Elton John isn't going to revise "Candle in the Wind" again for this occasion?

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Was it here that I read that Elton John isn't going to revise "Candle in the Wind" again for this occasion?

I’m pretty sure it was a joke. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

That was me being silly. 

But come on. He could rewrite something for Charles…like Rocket Man.

So many possibilities.

• Haha 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic