IGNORED

New PURITY Conference!

bea

That answer a question for me. I have been in Cleveland, TN a few times on my way to raft the Hiwassee , and I always see people I'd define as fundies by their dress.
Except if you look at the video (although I could only take about 20 seconds), most of the girls (AND their moms) are wearing TEH EBIL PANTZ. My eyez haz been defrauded!!!!

Not sure whether this site is :lol: or :angry-screaming:

As much as I hate this fancy new buzzword "tween" (something I never heard until I was actually a teenager- when I was a "tween" they called us preteens!*), 7 year olds are not tweens. 7-9 year olds are children. You don't get to call your daughter (or son) a tween until their age is in the double digits.
No, no you have it all wrong. 7 is the new 21!

As much as I hate this fancy new buzzword "tween" (something I never heard until I was actually a teenager- when I was a "tween" they called us preteens!*), 7 year olds are not tweens. 7-9 year olds are children. You don't get to call your daughter (or son) a tween until their age is in the double digits.

*holy fuck I felt so old typing that.

You feel old! It reminds me of a book I had by Pat Boone, Twixt Twelve and Twenty. :ugeek:

One of the speakers is the Coordinator of Sexual Health at a CPC or some such bullshit. How does that even WORK, if all you teach is abstinence? I mean, reproductive health involves more than sex, yeah, but somehow I don't think she's talking about rando yeast infections and monthly breast self-exams. "Keep your knees together" is not health advice. "Use condoms and get tested on the reg" is.

I also hate the idea of "Secret Keepers" from Dannah Gresh. While my sexuality is personal, I don't want it to be secretive. That seems to think that there's this shameful aspect or something, or that boys are too damn dumb to be let into female sexuality. As a young, straight woman, I want my partners to be privy to this stuff!

One of the speakers is the Coordinator of Sexual Health at a CPC or some such bullshit. How does that even WORK, if all you teach is abstinence? I mean, reproductive health involves more than sex, yeah, but somehow I don't think she's talking about rando yeast infections and monthly breast self-exams. "Keep your knees together" is not health advice. "Use condoms and get tested on the reg" is.

I also hate the idea of "Secret Keepers" from Dannah Gresh. While my sexuality is personal, I don't want it to be secretive. That seems to think that there's this shameful aspect or something, or that boys are too damn dumb to be let into female sexuality. As a young, straight woman, I want my partners to be privy to this stuff!

Yeah, private != secret.

I also LOLsobbed at the thought of a "Director of Sexual Health" at a CPC. :roll:

Archived