IGNORED

Fundie Women And Lust

debrand

Here's the thing: Patriarchy only looks at things from a hetero male view. The male leaders cannot imagine being physically attracted to men (well the ones who aren't closet cases). So they absolutely cannot comprehend anyone being physically attracted to men. If they don't like something, then it is just generally unlikable. And this isn't restricted to fundies. Even a lot of mainstream men have trouble understanding how I could be attracted to them physically. I've actually heard homophobic comments that being gay for men is wrong, because it's so weird that a man would be attracted to another man, and this commenter never even considered that most hetero women are attracted to men.

I.

I was reading through a forum discussing the tv show, American Horror. In the show there is a lot of shots of a fit male actor's butt. SOme of the commentors felt that the show was pandering to gay men and wanted the producers to stop. Um...women like male butts. Maybe the producers were pandering to us females.

The whole thing of patriarchy falls apart once you stop sexual stereotypes and this "men get turned on by visuals, women get turned on by touch/emotion" thing is a total stereotype, that is it may be true for many people but no way is it true for all. I mean, I am in my early 40s and appear to be in one of those premenopausal hormone states where I get turned on a lot for any reason or no apparent reason at all.

But back to the subject, fundies have no real interest in discovering any more than some sort of stereotypical surface factoid about female sexuality that allows them to put us in a bucket. In point of fact, there was a very interesting sexual orientation study done showing that "In contrast to men, both heterosexual and lesbian women tend to become sexually aroused by both male and female erotica, and, thus, have a bisexual arousal pattern." http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 075252.htm I don't think there's much discussion of THAT in fundie circles.

Archived