IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 42: Prosecution Rested. After His Conviction Maybe We Can, Too

HerNameIsBuffy

Lard Lad?
I am very uncomfortable with people who delight in suggesting prisoners will be raped- not saying it’s happening on FJ, thankfully we are more evolved, but it does seem a very common theme.

I have no wish for anyone to be raped. I have no wish for anyone to have inhuman conditions. Prison is a punishment- a reflection that you don’t deserve or can’t be trusted to live in society. Being sent to prison is the punishment, the deprivation of liberty. I don’t expect people to be further punished inside. So you won’t have a comfy bed, the food will be not of your choice and probably not great quality, it will be adequate. There will be a limited range of things for you to do - your choices will be severely limited.

As for Josh, if he is sent to prison, I see him being very afraid  and very unhappy. I don’t think he’ll be glad to get away at all. I think after his initial shock, he’ll set about claiming religious exemptions to anything he can and trying to get special treatment. He’ll probably fail.

I was talking about this to my other half who made the point that he, having attended English boarding schools since he was 8 in the early 1970s and then living in rooms at Oxford, would be better suited to prison than most people. He claims he didn’t know warm showers existed until he was 24! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

As for Josh, if he is sent to prison, I see him being very afraid  and very unhappy. I don’t think he’ll be glad to get away at all. I think after his initial shock, he’ll set about claiming religious exemptions to anything he can and trying to get special treatment. He’ll probably fail.

If he knows his Old Testament well he could claim to be Jewish and get kosher food like the nun did in Orange is the New Black!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I was talking about this to my other half who made the point that he, having attended English boarding schools since he was 8 in the early 1970s and then living in rooms at Oxford, would be better suited to prison than most people. He claims he didn’t know warm showers existed until he was 24! 

I spent most of the summer in Oxford (Trinity College) in 1975 and I found the accommodations downright luxurious compared to American dorms (and, I trust, prisons).  Each student had both a bedroom and a sitting room, and there was a sink in most bedrooms.  The furniture was reasonably good.  There were not, back then, showers in every “staircase” (the portion of a building that shared bath and toilet facilities) and the one there was in my staircase (I lucked out) not only ran out of hot water but had draining problems.  The biggest hardship for me was no air conditioning in a pretty hot summer.  I daresay by the time your husband attended Oxford, it was somewhat different, but I still don’t think it would compare to prison. 😉

Back to Josh, I wonder if he thinks growing up in a repressive cult, in a house that was too crowded and where the menus were pretty dull plus his time in Prayer Jail after Ashley Madison has prepared him for prison.  He may find that he is wrong.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Integriste said:

It really says something about our society that the worst insults our minds go to for someone as vile as Josh Duggar involve fat-shaming.  Because if there is one thing worse than being a serial sex offender and child predator, it’s being a little chubby, am I right? /s/

Let’s do better.

Came here to say this. I don’t like hearing anyone be body shamed. I’m chubby, and I don’t particularly care for the implication that a body like mine is the worst thing about this guy. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Smuggar will likely get the nicknames related to his crimes in Gaol for example 

Spoiler

Pedo, rock spider, kiddy fiddler amongst others  

these  will be used by  the other non sex offender inmates, they are all generic terms for people who commit these horrors.

He may get a nickname more related to him specifically. A clever play on being a reality star or what he did to his sisters. I’m not clever enough to pre guess what that will be, but they will come up with something “funny” and by funny I mean sick, twisted, innapropriate and disrespectful to all. But that will stick. His nickname will be notoriety related not appearance related would be my best guess.  

Amongst his fellow sickos he will fit right in. It is true what they say about networking and setting things up for the future with like minded people. They do it. 
granted I have over 20 years in the Aussie prison not the USA system but sickos are same 

also sex offender wings are the easiest to run. They don’t give you any grief they are smarmy manipulative creepy bastards but play the game and you have a quiet day. 

don’t look up what the terms mean. Save yourself. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

7 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I was thinking along the same lines, was gonna suggest Pillsbury... 

Tater Tot would be a good name. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I could see him thinking that now.  However,  once he's actually in jail; pooing in front of his celly; showering in public; locked up; dealing with free time potential problems ( he may be seen as a rich boy) ; eating prison food ; drinking pruno to forget/ taking ass drugs....he's going to think differently.   It's jail, no way he's going to dig it more than his old life.  I don't think he's sadistic to himself.  

He’ll be going to prison, not jail. Very different. He’ll also be in protective custody due to the nature of his crimes so he won’t have a cell mate.

• Upvote 6

@EmCatlyn I hope he never finds out the difference! He talks of there never being hot water, lumpy mattresses and ancient furniture! 
It’s a popular view that prison is somehow easy - it’s more a comment on what his early life was like. Even someone like him who actually can live very simply would struggle with the deprivation. Yes he could live with poor facilities but could he live without all his books and going out for walks or all the other things we don’t see as freedoms but very much are? 
In the same way Josh’s life may look shit to us, but prison will be awful for him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Smuggar will likely get the nicknames related to his crimes in Gaol for example 

Reveal hidden contents

Pedo, rock spider, kiddy fiddler amongst others  

these  will be used by  the other non sex offender inmates, they are all generic terms for people who commit these horrors.

He may get a nickname more related to him specifically. A clever play on being a reality star or what he did to his sisters. I’m not clever enough to pre guess what that will be, but they will come up with something “funny” and by funny I mean sick, twisted, innapropriate and disrespectful to all. But that will stick. His nickname will be notoriety related not appearance related would be my best guess.  

Well, based on that, if I were there, I'd have to go with

Spoiler

J'pedo

Carry on.  Ill see myself to the prayer closet. 

Edited by Satan'sFortress
put name in spoiler, just in case
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

I kinda wish they’d send him to Angola. A girl can dream.

What have the people in Angola done to you?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

What have the people in Angola done to you?

It’s full of child rapists and murderers. And he’ll have to work hard.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 4

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

It’s full of child rapists and murderers. And he’ll have to work hard.

You surely can’t mean the country of Angola?! I apologize but I just don’t understand. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

Angola is an infamous maximum security prison in Louisiana. Very well known in the south. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you so much, I was extremely confused at first but now I agree with you!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

Angola is an infamous maximum security prison in Louisiana. Very well known in the south. Sorry for the confusion!

Now it makes sense, thank you for the explanation. For a moment, I was really confused 🤔🤣

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have a set of vintage PD cannisters in my kitchen and if you guys make me associate it with him I'll have no choice but to take legal action for emotional distress.

I went to the website. Now I want a can of crescent rolls. I also want pix of the canisters.  (You can put them on the respite thread.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I could see him thinking that now.  However,  once he's actually in jail; pooing in front of his celly; showering in public; locked up; dealing with free time potential problems ( he may be seen as a rich boy) ; eating prison food ; drinking pruno to forget/ taking ass drugs....he's going to think differently.   It's jail, no way he's going to dig it more than his old life.  I don't think he's sadistic to himself.  

How have I never seen that Funny or Die?!  How is that possible?   No lies were told in that skit. 

What's an ass drug?

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Lard Lad?
I am very uncomfortable with people who delight in suggesting prisoners will be raped- not saying it’s happening on FJ, thankfully we are more evolved, but it does seem a very common theme.

I have no wish for anyone to be raped. I have no wish for anyone to have inhuman conditions. Prison is a punishment- a reflection that you don’t deserve or can’t be trusted to live in society. Being sent to prison is the punishment, the deprivation of liberty. I don’t expect people to be further punished inside. So you won’t have a comfy bed, the food will be not of your choice and probably not great quality, it will be adequate. There will be a limited range of things for you to do - your choices will be severely limited.

You're more compassionate than I because while I would never delight in violence I give exactly as many fucks for any inhumanity he may encounter as he did for the victims who suffered far greater just so he could whack off.

Not the first time the rest of FJ is more evolved than me, but while I understand humane treatment of prisoners is what's best for us as a society when it comes to people like Josh I just don't care.

But I don't fat shame him...not for his sake but I think he just may have negative traits that are more note worthy than his looks.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

12 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I went to the website. Now I want a can of crescent rolls. I also want pix of the canisters.  (You can put them on the respite thread.)

Fun fact their crescent rolls are vegan.  I'll post a pic of shame, my mom bought them for me when I was first married in 89 and I used them so much they are dented and faded from the dishwasher.  If I'd known they'd become collectables and too spendy for me to replace maybe I'd have taken better care of them.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

He’ll be going to prison, not jail. Very different. He’ll also be in protective custody due to the nature of his crimes so he won’t have a cell mate.

I don't think he'll be getting private accommodations. From what I've read about federal prisons, while they'll try to keep him with someone who doesn't have a history of beating up child molesters, or even maybe keep him with another child molester, nearly all cells are for two men. 

Protective custody is basically solitary confinement. Not only would he not have a cellmate, he'd be confined to his cell nearly all the time. I'm not sure which would be worse for him, but if he's truly in danger, he could be kept in solitary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

@HerNameIsBuffy I totally get what you are saying and I’m not trying to be holier than thou- I leave that to the fundies! I could swallow a bucket of glitter and still not give a shiny shit what happens to Josh Duggar and others like him just as he doesn’t and probably will never care about the children in those videos. But yes, basic humane standards need to be maintained in prisons.

I was thinking about the molestation victims and how they will feel if he goes to prison. Years ago I prosecuted a police officer for the most dreadful domestic abuse against his wife. He had assaulted her many times and she’d always refused to make a complaint - the way the police operated at the time meant he was allowed to continue working (don’t get me started…)

Eventually, when she ended up in hospital with a broken shoulder and fractured skull, myself and an enlightened police officer agreed we would build a case with or without her cooperation. She actually came round and supported the prosecution and after a lot of prevarication he pleaded guilty.

The bastard couldn’t resist in his mitigation pointing out he had never assaulted any other woman he’d been in a relationship with - so still victim blaming. Even after all this, when the judge imprisoned him and he was led away she was sobbing for him. She felt sorry for him, he would have a hard time as a police officer in prison. Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy are going to have such a range of emotions - I hope they realise they need support to work this through and I don’t rely on that family to be supportive.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 26

I don't think men in medium security federal prisons are likely to have heard of or care about the Duggars.  Prison's aren't made of Free Jinger people.

He'll be treated like another prisoner by the general population.  Daddy's influence won't make things better, but neither is the reality show likely to make him more of a target as most people there won't have watched it. 

The issue for Josh, is that although he won't be locked up for violent crime against a child (his charges are all hands off).  His fame means that people will know about his previous molestations (and the fact a judge has said it likely happened).  Had he not been famous, people wouldn't have known about it.  They won't care about the show, they may care he's molested children.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Complaints didn't work so well for the QAnon Shaman. I see a lot of snark if reports leak about things Josh finds distasteful about prison.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, Buzzard said:

At the end of the day he had means, motive and opportunity.  I look forward to seeing Smugs in a jumpsuit.    

Can you be on the prosecution team, please?  I think they are doing a good job and hopefully will connect all these dots in their closing statement. 

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic