IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And there it is on IG today. Her 2 sets of identical ( per her) twins- AND BORN  ON THE SAME DAY! How much mileage will she get out of that? Smart move not allowing comments.

Talk about manufacturing your own attention!

Right? And she CHOSE to be induced on her older twins’ birthday! It’s not like it just happened spontaneously. But she probably doesn’t tell people that. She wants everyone to think god just loves her extra to make her go into labor in that day. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

Nice to see that Simon is allowed to dance. 

Now, my BEC side says that the cupboard looks untidy and too full and why is the green door stained? Are they picking it? Awful for someone who wants her house to look like a decor magazine.

• Upvote 2

I think the green door is "distressed", i.e. supposed to look that way.  Why, I don't know.  To me, purposefully beat-up things like that in an otherwise all-current/new decor house borders on poverty chic a la Magnolia Pearl, which is gross to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

*gargled screaming*
What the hell is with the headings, it’s like the worst search optimization EVER.
And the reels she’s making with these kids is so dumb.

d462485fd903e1d82c4c3b01ac1c0b4e.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 13

3 minutes ago, bea said:

*gargled screaming*
What the hell is with the headings, it’s like the worst search optimization EVER.
And the reels she’s making with these kids is so dumb.

d462485fd903e1d82c4c3b01ac1c0b4e.jpg

She’s thirsty as fuck for attention. 

• I Agree 14

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s thirsty as fuck for attention. 

Seriously. She's really not letting go of the twinsies/twinbies thing, either. It's so contrived and it feels like she's stripping away the children's identity. They're not just children to Abbie, they're a social media concept to exploit. She makes me sick. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

Maybe she wants to replace the Duggars on television.

#fameisnotthesameasgood

Also maybe it's just how they're growing, but those boys do not look identical to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

#fameisnotthesameasgood

Also maybe it's just how they're growing, but those boys do not look identical to me.

Oh she definitely wants the fame. But she won’t be the next Duggars. She will be the next Jon and Kate Plus 8. But it will be Braggie and Shaun Plus *Yawn*

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

The irony seems to be lost on her that she won't allow her children to use social media, but she's plastering all of them on it every damn day, down to the babies.  For everyone in the entire world (including the pedophiles) to peruse.  Par for the course for a narcissist, I suppose.  It's all about her.  More exposure, more book sales, more sponsorships, more money for vacations - which they are currently on, AGAIN.  What does that make in the last year, like six?  

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:
1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

#fameisnotthesameasgood

First, kudos for #fameisnotthesameasgood!

Second, I must admit that I know a couple of sets of identical twins, verified as identical by medical professionals, who are pretty easy to tell apart by the shapes of their heads.

Edited by Hane
Quote box problems.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

#fameisnotthesameasgood

The smaller twin was growth restricted in utero and was born notably smaller.  He does appear to be catching up but there is still a noticeable size difference.  They could still be genetically identical.

If she had been routinely monitored by an OB throughout her pregnancy, the growth restriction would have likely led to an earlier induction or a C-Section.  She/They are fortunate that there apparently are no other issues arising from growth restriction.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Having kids on the same day is NOT that big of a deal. Literally everyone knows a friend or family member born on the same day as another family member. And who knows when T&T would have actually been born if she didn’t make the decision to induce them to be born on her older girls birthday? (When she says she was maybe in labor before she was induced, um, no, she wasn’t. Because if she was, the medical professionals wouldn’t have induced her.)

In my family, my sister and I were born on the same day (4 years apart, date due to doctors scheduling, not natural birth, but still.) My dad and his sister are naturally 2 years apart exactly. My uncle and my grandmother on my other side also shared a birthday. My stepmother had a theory that this happens because women tend to be the most fertile at certain times of year, and those fertility cycles can be genetic, but who knows? If you have a big family, immediate or extended, chances are that some people are born on the same day or close to it because there are only so many days in a year.

I will admit that her kids are absolutely adorable but I find most kids adorable, I like kids and I’m missing my niblings a lot just now. T&T are also at the prime stage for adorableness. Too bad Braggie doesn’t believe in evolution or she’d know that they are so incredibly adorable so that their parents will love and care for them even when they are screaming their heads off and being total brats. (Or something like that. I just remember that there are evolutionary reasons that babies are cute. So when I stare into 5 month olds eyes I’m not just staring at a baby I’m staring at millions of years of evolution that got them that way.)

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Having kids on the same day is NOT that big of a deal. Literally everyone knows a friend or family member born on the same day as another family member. And who knows when T&T would have actually been born if she didn’t make the decision to induce them to be born on her older girls birthday? (When she says she was maybe in labor before she was induced, um, no, she wasn’t. Because if she was, the medical professionals wouldn’t have induced her.)

In my family, my sister and I were born on the same day (4 years apart, date due to doctors scheduling, not natural birth, but still.) My dad and his sister are naturally 2 years apart exactly. My uncle and my grandmother on my other side also shared a birthday. My stepmother had a theory that this happens because women tend to be the most fertile at certain times of year, and those fertility cycles can be genetic, but who knows? If you have a big family, immediate or extended, chances are that some people are born on the same day or close to it because there are only so many days in a year.

I will admit that her kids are absolutely adorable but I find most kids adorable, I like kids and I’m missing my niblings a lot just now. T&T are also at the prime stage for adorableness. Too bad Braggie doesn’t believe in evolution or she’d know that they are so incredibly adorable so that their parents will love and care for them even when they are screaming their heads off and being total brats. (Or something like that. I just remember that there are evolutionary reasons that babies are cute. So when I stare into 5 month olds eyes I’m not just staring at a baby I’m staring at millions of years of evolution that got them that way.)

Agreed that it would take a whole lot of extenuating factors (PROM, High BP, bleeding, infection, low fluid, lack of growth…) for a woman gestating her 9 and 10th babies to be induced. Get real, Abbie. You orchestrated this for the bragging rites.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

My son was born on our wedding anniversary. He was not due on that day. He was actually overdue. I wasn’t induced or anything. Just happened to have him on that day. 

Now our anniversary is non-existent since we always spend the day busy celebrating our son’s birthday. At least we aren’t that big on anniversaries. We don’t mind too much.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

She's really milking the dancing with Simon. This is probably the most 1 on 1 time she's ever spent with him. Hey Braggie, if you want these posts to seem genuine, maybe not make the caption all about you and the number of children you birthed. 

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

17 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Being induced is a weird category, though, and you can be started on induction medication after you've started dilating/contracting on your own for a lot of reasons. (Ask me how I know!)

That said, yeah, it's not that miraculous that they're born on the same day if you pick the day of your induction to deliberately have them on your older twins' birthday. That is planning, not even a "hey, neat fact!"

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Agreed that it would take a whole lot of extenuating factors (PROM, High BP, bleeding, infection, low fluid, lack of growth…) for a woman gestating her 9 and 10th babies to be induced. Get real, Abbie. You orchestrated this for the bragging rites.

From the blog (wow, is that thing badly organized): "...the OB did amend her recommendation for their eviction date to 38 weeks after reviewing the literature about mono-di twins (identical twins who share one placenta and two separate sacs). She did this based on the research that says that, the longer this particular type of pregnancy progresses, the higher the chance of a stillborn situation." So there was concern about their health, and one of them actually did have issues at birth (she says from the delivery, but who knows). I'd buy the induction was necessary, but not that particular date.

• Upvote 11

I ? % believe she picked that day for the added attention and to kill 4 parent//Birthday meals, as is their tradition, with one stone. So, lots of attention for Abbie and even less individual attention for the 4 kids! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I ? % believe she picked that day for the added attention and to kill 4 parent//Birthday meals, as is their tradition, with one stone. So, lots of attention for Abbie and even less individual attention for the 4 kids! 

My neighbor growing up had two kids born on the same day 5 years apart. I remember her telling me how frustrating it was to plan birthdays because it's not like she could have one party that worked for both a 13 year old and an 8 year old. But she, you know, wanted her kids to feel special on their birthdays.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

My neighbor growing up had two kids born on the same day 5 years apart. I remember her telling me how frustrating it was to plan birthdays because it's not like she could have one party that worked for both a 13 year old and an 8 year old. But she, you know, wanted her kids to feel special on their birthdays.

3 of my IL’s 7 kids were born between 12/25 (my husband) and his youngest sister and brother who were born 2 years apart on 12/31. My MIL also gave birth on Easter Sunday and Halloween- maybe she was an attention seeker?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Braggie doesn’t care about that. They will have the kind of party she wants and that’s it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

On 8/4/2021 at 4:17 PM, danvillebelle said:

The irony seems to be lost on her that she won't allow her children to use social media, but she's plastering all of them on it every damn day, down to the babies.  For everyone in the entire world (including the pedophiles) to peruse.  Par for the course for a narcissist, I suppose.  It's all about her.  More exposure, more book sales, more sponsorships, more money for vacations - which they are currently on, AGAIN.  What does that make in the last year, like six?  

She doesn't care about plastering her kids on the interwebz, she cares about her children not having access to SM and *GASP* getting exposed to other people and ideas that are not her own.  

• Upvote 5

I have MZ (identical) twins.  They did not look alike at birth because they had TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome, like ZsuZsu's twins), and my donor was 4 lbs at birth while my recipient was 6.  It made one look "normal" and the other one look like a preemie.  They continued to be about 25ish percent diffferent in heigh/weight until they hit puberty, and now they are almost the same in height.  (this is common for TTTS twins, or MZ twins who have other reasons for there to be unequal share of a shared placenta, or at least that was the thought at the time when my twins were young--they're 18 now).

Nobody who knows them well ever mistakes them for each other, though sometimes people who do not will but it doesn't last long as their facial expressions, mannerisms, and the way they talk are really different.  I think people would be surprised at the physical differences that can happen despite being monozygous. Just because a single fertilized egg split into two and then each developed separately doesn't mean there can't be genetic mutations that come along later.  Or in the case of split later in the zygote's development, a case where one happens to get all the changed cells and the other one doesn't so one might express a genetic disease and one might not but be a carrier (or might not be a carrier at all).

Identical twins can be born where one has dwarfism or down syndrome and the other does not.  Or pretty much any chromosomal or genetic disorder.  It's rare that MZ twins have /identical/ DNA, we know this because our ability to dna test and study has gotten a lot better.  OTOH you can have siblings that are look alike that aren't due to a split (whether that's with DZ (Fraternal) twins or non-twin sibs).  Mary Kate and Ashley Olson aren't MZ twins, yet they looked more alike as twins and young adults than my MZ twins do, at least to me.

So I'm not sure you can ever confirm for sure zygosity based on appearance, either way.  Though why that should matter, even, I dunno.  And even in the case of MZ multiples, if you DNA test them you're likely to find variances, and they  don't even have the same fingerprints.  There are a lot of factors in utero and outside it that can have huge impact on appearance, behavior, ect.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 8

On 8/7/2021 at 1:41 AM, SassyPants said:

Oh totally. Most parents in that situation would have tried to get a different date from their older twins (or any other children) to give them a bit of space and/or make planning easier. Not deliberately pick the same day, sheesh.

• Upvote 7

If you can get twins where one has dwarfism/Down syndrome and the other doesn’t, what makes them identical? Is it just that they came from the same zygote? Ugh, thinking about this is making me confused 🤣

Siblings sharing a birthday is one thing, but two sets of twins is different. Twins already have to share a lot (particularly in families like the Halberstadts where I bet Abbie loves to milk their ‘twinness’ and doesn’t really encourage individuality), but to then have to share a birthday with another set of twins… I can’t imagine. I guess it’s different because the older set are girls and the younger set are boys, I don’t really want to imagine what it’d be like if both sets were the same sex…

• Upvote 3

On 8/5/2021 at 4:55 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

#fameisnotthesameasgood

Misread this as #fameisnotthesameasgod and thought it even more fitting for fundies like the Duggars.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic