IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

25 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I swear I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but the picture and info she posted today sent a shiver down my spine.

Simon fed the babies and then went to give them a bath, and texted Braggie a picture of them in the tub.  

They are 9 months old.  They might be sitting in something that's holding them in the tub, but you can't tell.  I don't care if he is the most responsible 13yo on earth, that is TOO MUCH RISK to put on the shoulders of a CHILD.  It takes a split second for one of those babes to slip and smack their head or lip on the tub, or fall over and inhale water.  

I had friends who lost their 14mo to accidental drowning.  It can happen to the absolute best of parents.  I know.  

Braggie you are an irresponsible, self-absorbed twat.  You keep harping on and on about how sanctifying motherhood is because deep down you know you are shitty at it.  Keep blowing sunshine up your own ass.  We'll see where you are in 20 years and how many of the little ones you have now are closer to your 3 oldest than to you.  

Yeah, it's easy to talk about how one is "blessed" if they persevere through trials when you make your second-oldest parent your twin infants. How much of a trial is it to get texts from someone else bathing your kids?

She also wrote a horrible post on the twins' 9-month birthday about how they're "the worst" at several things of all her kids, then as an afterthought, "but they're cute and smiley and gosh we love them" or whatever. I can imagine a mom thinking this after a hard day because I've been that mom, but I can't imagine one who posts it in public. She's so awful. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

@EmiSue i noticed this too. Contrast to Anna, who, long after it was resolved, posted that Mason had a terrible dairy intolerance and she had to be on a strict elimination diet to breastfeed him but she was so happy that he could finally eat some foods that were restricted. No one knew prior because she didn't endlessly complain about him or any of her kids. Now I think she keeps too sweet but it's such a stark contrast. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

21 hours ago, JMO said:

@EmiSue i noticed this too. Contrast to Anna, who, long after it was resolved, posted that Mason had a terrible dairy intolerance and she had to be on a strict elimination diet to breastfeed him but she was so happy that he could finally eat some foods that were restricted. No one knew prior because she didn't endlessly complain about him or any of her kids. Now I think she keeps too sweet but it's such a stark contrast. 

I think that's what makes Braggie unique. So many of the women we follow seem unhappy or ill suited for their lives, but they put on a happy face and try to make it seem like they love their lives as best they can. Braggie on the other hand is brazenly honest about how much she hates her life.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

34 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I think that's what makes Braggie unique. So many of the women we follow seem unhappy or ill suited for their lives, but they put on a happy face and try to make it seem like they love their lives as best they can. Braggie on the other hand is brazenly honest about how much she hates her life.

And what’s funny is she thinks it makes her look good. She thinks that if she martyr’s herself, she will somehow look more godly to her humpers. I bet a lot of her humpers hate their lives too and that’s why they follow her. 

• Upvote 16

22 hours ago, JMO said:

Even if she'd said something about it, there's a huge difference between "oh, this kid's tolerances are awful, woe is me, I can't eat cheese and it's all his fault," and "oh, wow, I miss dairy, I'm going to eat all the macaroni and cheese and ice cream when this one's weaned." Most of us would probably tend toward the latter, with maybe a half-joking, "Darn kid!" tagged on. I can see Abbie doing the former with something about sacrifice being sanctifying and her blasted hashtag about hard not being bad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12

On 6/28/2021 at 2:56 PM, feministxtian said:

This is why God made Resolve and OxyClean. Baby A had a blast with strawberries in her daddy's office...light beige carpet. Grandma's stain removing carpet cleaner stuff took care of it. Same as when damn dog decided to chew up a PINK pen of mine. My fault for leaving the pen where damn dog could get it...she was in her "I'll chew anything" phase. So, I cleaned the carpet, the ink came out, no harm, no foul. It was easier to just clean it up than yell at anyone. 

I agree with this. We all spill stuff. Kids, dogs, and toddlers especially are going to get into anything they can, and most likely make a mess. That’s why cleaning solutions exist. Adults can make huge messes too. God knows that I’ve had my share of spills and messes. Not from recklessness or disregard of the rules but just the simple fact of life: shit happens. Yelling at myself (lol) or anyone who’s ever made a mess didn’t clean the mess up. Friends of the family have four kids and all of their furniture is floor model/scratch and dent stuff, the only room with carpeting came from a remnant sale. Both the mom and dad refuse to have “nice things” until the youngest is well into teenager hood. It’s almost like my friends planned on a large family and are trying to enjoy their kids being young. How this woman is ten kids in and expects a perfect house is beyond me. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

@SunnySide My house was decorated in "early garage sale" while my kids were small. I had nice stuff when they were old enough to understand the bit about "don't run with a drink" and could manage to get 90% of their food in their mouths instead of the floor. Even then there were occasional disasters...teen boys, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a parade of teen boys in and out of the house...means something is going to get spilled, knocked over or otherwise messed up. 

Braggie does not seem to understand the concept of "lots of kids = lots of messes". I'm not the greatest housekeeper in the world but while the kids were growing up, my house regularly looked like a hurricane, tornado and earthquake had hit it on the regular. BUT...as long as the kids were having fun, playing and using their imaginations, I saw it as I have plenty of time for a clean house, but these kids are only gonna be kids once. As long as the kitchen and bathrooms were clean and the laundry got done, I was good. 

• Upvote 14

22 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

Adults can make huge messes too. 

Two words: red wine.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Two words: red wine.

My husband constantly spills coffee. And he doesn’t notice. So I find dried coffee drops on the floor and walls. But it’s nothing compared to my son’s booger wall ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Seven words:  Diet Pepsi with the cap loose/off.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Ahh, 80% of their church clothes from today are second hand. Everyone’s but hers. Entitled thy name is Abbie.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ahh, 80% of their church clothes from today are second hand. Everyone’s but hers. Entitled thy name is Abbie.

My kids also wear a lot of second hand clothing while I wear new clothing. However, I spend less on my own new clothing than my children’s second hand clothing. I stay at home so my clothes are lounge clothes from Target. Most of my nice clothing is quite old. I’m sure Braggie’s enormous closet as big as my bedroom is full of Anthropologie clothing that costs as much as a new living room furniture set. 

• Upvote 8

I’ll be the BEC one to point out that her non-thrifted outfit is completely butt-ugly. 

The twins are super-cute though, I’ll give her that. 

BCB4C4E6-0E6C-4A54-B76C-6E04403B83F2.png

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I’ll be the BEC one to point out that her non-thrifted outfit is completely butt-ugly. 

I agree that shirt doesn’t go with that skirt at all. Wear that shirt with a pair of jeans. Not an eyelet white skirt. Each piece is fine alone. But they look bad together. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Her taste in clothing mirrors her home decor; mismatched and often times clashing. Abbie loves her some Abbie, doesn’t she??

• Upvote 9

On 7/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids also wear a lot of second hand clothing while I wear new clothing. However, I spend less on my own new clothing than my children’s second hand clothing. I stay at home so my clothes are lounge clothes from Target. Most of my nice clothing is quite old. I’m sure Braggie’s enormous closet as big as my bedroom is full of Anthropologie clothing that costs as much as a new living room furniture set. 

Likewise. I tend to buy new stuff for me and thrifted/consignment for my kids. That said, I don't buy clothes often and when I do it's with the idea of wearing it for years, since I'm not likely to grow several inches anytime soon! It also tends to be department store or similar. The kids get a full wardrobe of gently- or unused clothes every size change. While I can save with hand-me-downs for Younger, I still probably spend $200 on their clothes every year, if not more, and maybe $50 on mine if I don't have to get new shoes that year.

12 hours ago, JillyO said:

I do not like that shirt. Too busy, and I'm not fond of tied ones. The skirt's cute, though. The sandals seem odd for that ensemble.

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
Clarifying a word.
  • Upvote 5

Today in Braggie world: praising her bathing babies for being the perfect instagram props while being oblivious to the fact one has his hand firmly on the hot water tap.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 7

45 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Today in Braggie world: praising her bathing babies for being the perfect instagram props while being oblivious to the fact one has his hand firmly on the hot water tap.

Remember when she had one of her girls bathe Shiloh and he turned on the cold water? Covering himself with freezing water. Poor Shiloh. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

And the water is running. And neither of these infants is in arms reach of an adult.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2

22cccfcbce2f57de857b1cf540772bf1.jpg

Ugh, tone deaf as HELL, Abbie. The white fundie lady is going to tell everyone to stop focusing on race. After all, it’s not like it’s an issue in HER life, and we all know that’s the main thing.
It’s probably never occurred to her that it’s only white people who say that race doesn’t matter.

• Upvote 16
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

E.V. Hill was a staple on TBN, Paul and Jan Crouch's Craptastic Spectacular network.  Hard pass.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Ugh, they got ANOTHER pet: a little black and white kitten they apparently took with them on a day trip to Dallas?? That household does not need any more living things in it. It makes me sick knowing that as soon as it's not tiny and cute anymore it'll probably be put outside to fend for itself, and most likely end up as a snack for a coyote like several of their other pets.

(I know outdoor cats are more common in some areas than others, but considering they have a known coyote problem and have lost multiple cats and a puppy that way, it seems wildly irresponsible in her situation.)

• Sad 6
  • I Agree 19

1 minute ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Ugh, they got ANOTHER pet: a little black and white kitten they apparently took with them on a day trip to Dallas?? That household does not need any more living things in it. It makes me sick knowing that as soon as it's not tiny and cute anymore it'll probably be put outside to fend for itself, and most likely end up as a snack for a coyote like several of their other pets.

(I know outdoor cats are more common in some areas than others, but considering they have a known coyote problem and have lost multiple cats and a puppy that way, it seems wildly irresponsible in her situation.)

As a bird owner, I'm not big on outdoor cats since they wreak havoc on bird populations. Also as a bird owner I'm very concerned about the 3? birds they currently have in their house since while some people are capable of successfully owning both birds and cats, Braggie has not proven herself to be vigilant pet owner.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

11 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

We have a cat that we let outside sometimes. But we would never let him out if there was a coyote problem in our neighborhood. We still keep an eye on him when he’s out. He mostly stays in our yard anyway. Oh and we also put bells on him so the birds can hear him coming. He’s pretty loud with all his jingling.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, JillyO said:

She has the whitest feet.  Damn!!!

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic