IGNORED

M Is for Mama 11: 10 Kids is 10 too Many for a Narcissistic, Disinterested Person

nelliebelle1197

Today in Braggie's stories:

1. Um um um um um

2. "My parents help out so much with the kids on vacation, my dad watched Shiloh all day yesterday" (I'm sure that's a WONDERFUL "vacation" for dad) 🙄

3. Her hair is a literal rat's nest.  It's frizzy, tangled, dirty and looks like it hasn't seen a brush in weeks.  🤮

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Her hair is a literal rat's nest.  It's frizzy, tangled, dirty and looks like it hasn't seen a brush in weeks.  

All of that is most likely absolutely true.  Too bad there wasn't a fork on the floor so she could comb her hair.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Smee said:

Misread this as #fameisnotthesameasgod and thought it even more fitting for fundies like the Duggars.

That's funny. I've been using #fameisnotthesameasgood for years, because Abbie's favorite hashtag is #hardisnotthesameasbad (Hard is not the same as bad) and she used to use it all the time.

5 hours ago, Smee said:

Misread this as #fameisnotthesameasgod and thought it even more fitting for fundies like the Duggars.

That's funny. I've been using #fameisnotthesameasgood for years, because Abbie's favorite hashtag is #hardisnotthesameasbad (Hard is not the same as bad) and she used to use it all the time.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Today in Braggie's stories:

1. Um um um um um

2. "My parents help out so much with the kids on vacation, my dad watched Shiloh all day yesterday" (I'm sure that's a WONDERFUL "vacation" for dad) 🙄

3. Her hair is a literal rat's nest.  It's frizzy, tangled, dirty and looks like it hasn't seen a brush in weeks.  🤮

I wish there was an alternate word for vacation that we could use with these fundie families. It's not really a vacation, more like a change of scenery because they don't seem to actually do anything that they need to get away from. 

Her latest post is basically Abbie telling on herself. She's extremely body focused and I'm guessing it's because they're at a pool/waterpark where there's probably a lot of young, hot bodies and Abbie is feeling insecure and jealous. Instead of finding a healthy coping mechanism, she takes to Insta for a diatribe about how women who don't have a passel of babies are the ones who are in the wrong. They're obviously not having a bunch of kids to save their figures and that's not god's plan. And so what if they are?

I'm so sick of these women dragging secular people for arbitrary reasons. Abbie is constantly attempting to police other people and it's pathetic. No one is going to look at a 40 year old mom of 10 kids and go, ewww, she has varicose veins. Literally no one is looking at her or even cares.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I wish there was an alternate word for vacation that we could use with these fundie families. It's not really a vacation, more like a change of scenery because they don't seem to actually do anything that they need to get away from. 

Her latest post is basically Abbie telling on herself. She's extremely body focused and I'm guessing it's because they're at a pool/waterpark where there's probably a lot of young, hot bodies and Abbie is feeling insecure and jealous. Instead of finding a healthy coping mechanism, she takes to Insta for a diatribe about how women who don't have a passel of babies are the ones who are in the wrong. They're obviously not having a bunch of kids to save their figures and that's not god's plan. And so what if they are?

I'm so sick of these women dragging secular people for arbitrary reasons. Abbie is constantly attempting to police other people and it's pathetic. No one is going to look at a 40 year old mom of 10 kids and go, ewww, she has varicose veins. Literally no one is looking at her or even cares.

I just saw a bunch of moms in bathing suits. I am normally extremely self conscious and don’t swim because I don’t want anyone to see me in a bathing suit. However if a bunch of women of every single body type imaginable can wear bathing suits in public, then so can I. Therefore I was in public in a bathing suit and it wasn’t the end of the world. I also didn’t feel some sort of need to put down all the other moms with fit and toned bodies in their bathing suits. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 16

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just saw a bunch of moms in bathing suits. I am normally extremely self conscious and don’t swim because I don’t want anyone to see me in a bathing suit. However if a bunch of women of every single body type imaginable can wear bathing suits in public, then so can I. Therefore I was in public in a bathing suit and it wasn’t the end of the world. I also didn’t feel some sort of need to put down all the other moms with fit and toned bodies in their bathing suits. 

Exactly! Body positivity!

She could use her platform for creating acceptance instead of encouraging women to be living sacrifices to a god. But then she would just have plain old secular varicose veins instead of holy sanctifying varicose veins. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Exactly! Body positivity!

She could use her platform for creating acceptance instead of encouraging women to be living sacrifices to a god. But then she would just have plain old secular varicose veins instead of holy sanctifying varicose veins. 

I think there is a new thread title in that!

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

If you can get twins where one has dwarfism/Down syndrome and the other doesn’t, what makes them identical? Is it just that they came from the same zygote? Ugh, thinking about this is making me confused 🤣

The twins we call "identical" are almost never genetically identical by today's standards even though detecting that isn't easy, since we don't have the tech yet to look at the subtle/epigenic differences.  All "identical"/MZ twins are produced from a fertilized egg that at some point separates into two different things.  (this can happen with higher order multiples too, but it's pretty rare).  That's it.  While genetic makeup will be very similar (so they will be pretty likely to have similar heights, eye color, hair color, hair texture, due to how genes work in making up those expressions), there's almost always mutations or environmental factors in utero that occur (in everyone, not just MZ twins).  It's why even a clone in sci fi is not going to have the same fingerprints and probably will have the same variances in disease and appearance that MZ twins can have.  Not even conjoined twins share fingerprints.  Nobody has the same experience in the womb.  Not even MZ twins.

As far as genetic issues, when the zygote splits, it is possible for some cells with a specific mutation or extra chromosome to split off and become more prominent in one, while the other has so few (or they're not replicated enough) so that they don't express it. This is pretty rare for chromosomal disorders, but happens sometimes in twins and in singletons, it's called mosaic trisomy (Downs syndrome is a trisomy disorder but there are more than just that).  In a singleton a person may or may not have enough of the trisomic cells to express the effects of the trisomy. (or they may have a milder form).

To me, this is not confusing, once you dump the notion that "identical" is all about appearance.  Which I think to be fair to people who are MZ twins (or twins in general) maybe we should stop assuming/categorizing them based on appearance anyway.  My MZ twins are even different handed, their hair whorls go in opposite directions and are in slightly different places, ect--they're not identical to each other with a single identity.

Edited by Tigerchild74
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Tigerchild74 said:

The twins we call "identical" are almost never genetically identical by today's standards even though detecting that isn't easy, since we don't have the tech yet to look at the subtle/epigenic differences.  All "identical"/MZ twins are produced from a fertilized egg that at some point separates into two different things.  (this can happen with higher order multiples too, but it's pretty rare).  That's it.  While genetic makeup will be very similar (so they will be pretty likely to have similar heights, eye color, hair color, hair texture, due to how genes work in making up those expressions), there's almost always mutations or environmental factors in utero that occur (in everyone, not just MZ twins).  It's why even a clone in sci fi is not going to have the same fingerprints and probably will have the same variances in disease and appearance that MZ twins can have.  Not even conjoined twins share fingerprints.  Nobody has the same experience in the womb.  Not even MZ twins.

As far as genetic issues, when the zygote splits, it is possible for some cells with a specific mutation or extra chromosome to split off and become more prominent in one, while the other has so few (or they're not replicated enough) so that they don't express it. This is pretty rare for chromosomal disorders, but happens sometimes in twins and in singletons, it's called mosaic trisomy (Downs syndrome is a trisomy disorder but there are more than just that).  In a singleton a person may or may not have enough of the trisomic cells to express the effects of the trisomy. (or they may have a milder form).

To me, this is not confusing, once you dump the notion that "identical" is all about appearance.  Which I think to be fair to people who are MZ twins (or twins in general) maybe we should stop assuming/categorizing them based on appearance anyway.  My MZ twins are even different handed, their hair whorls go in opposite directions and are in slightly different places, ect--they're not identical to each other with a single identity.

You seem to be interested in identical twins so I’ll tell you about twin in my extended family. They were treated like a unit by their parents. I’ve mentioned this in this thread before. They were identical and were dressed exactly alike everyday. They had the same hair cut their entire lives. They had the same hobbies and friends. They never married and even slept in the same bed their entire lives. Yet they were extremely easy to tell apart. Everyone could easily tell them apart because they didn’t look exactly alike and their personalities were so very different. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, thankfully these days (I presume it's gotten even better since my twins were little, as they're young adults now) that kind of thing is discouraged.  Even schools for the most part will not allow twins to be in the same class.  The guidance you get as a parent of multiples, even in "moms of multiples" social/meetup groups is to emphasize building a relationship with each child as an individual, don't be draconian about separating twins from each other but also give them space where they're not "one of the twins".  My kids call each other their best friend and have pretty much a 90 percent hobby overlap and about a 80 percent friend overlap with each other (and a similar overlap with their older brother who's 18 months older, but they're not overly dependent and in fact have chosen to go to different colleges in the fall.  I am pretty sure that some would choose to be matchy-matchy, even if they weren't raised like that (though I confess that we know many twins due to the twinmom group being the source for a lot of my early parenting friendship base) and virtually none of them have chosen to "match" as adults.

I do think in fundamentalist circles I would worry more about twins because already many of these parents really destroy individualism and treat /all/ of their kids as kind of not-fully-human/not people to regard as individuals/want matchy matchy stuff including names.  But I guess maybe they wouldn't be any more stunted than any other fundie large family kid who has to be named in a theme, has to wear matching or simliar clothes, and is only referred really or thought of as "one of the kids".

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is one good thing about H20 aerobics class: It deconditions your fear of wearing a swimsuit. So then taking your kids to the pool isn't so intimidating.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

My bonus daughters are fraternal twins. They're still pretty close, but on the other hand, they've always been two VERY different people. J is very outgoing, knew what she wanted when she graduated from high school and went after it. H is more introverted, finally got her act together and graduated from college at 33. She had a short-lived, disastrous marriage and that opened her eyes to a lot of things. Neither one of them have any idea of how proud I am of them, after a very tumultuous childhood (never ending friction between mom & dad) and being indoctrinated as JWs, they're both no longer JWs. 

Bathing suits...I'm well aware I look like an orca got loose in the pool but I don't care anymore. I'm going to enjoy having fun with not so itty bitty...and she loves her "squishy" grandma. She says she likes that Grandma feels like a pillow and it makes the hugs even better. Gotta love it! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

So I understand the whole “identical twins have different fingerprints because fingerprints are formed in the womb, not the DNA” thing, but then what I DON’T get is mirror twins, where apparently their fingerprints can be mirror images of each other’s?? It doesn’t make sense! I remember arguing with a friend, telling her that identical twins have different fingerprints, and she told me that she worked with twins where one would sometimes sign in as the other by using her left hand on the fingerprint scanner instead of her right. 

I also knew identical twins where one was the most camp gay man I’ve met, in a long-term committed relationship with the same guy since high school, and the other was a very straight and masculine  womanizer. I find that interesting in the whole “nature vs nurture” debate.

• Upvote 3

I was at our local pond this weekend and I brought a pool noodle and was a bit afraid of using it because I saw it as a toy and thought it might be weird to use as an adult. But then I saw numerous other women with then, using the noodles as things to sit/float on, and so I had the confidence to use my noodle as intended, and to have a good time floating. I really think that by being imperfect you can boost others confidence a lot but by being perfect you can only bring it down. For years, I never dared to wear bright colors in public because I feared the negative attention it’d bring. My fellow fat, queer, disabled friends taught me (indirectly) that I can wear and look however I want. What matters is that I’m there to begin with. So yeah, I’m fat and I walk weird and I sit down a lot (despite never having kids) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

And here’s the video she was so scared of. It’s hilarious and wonderful and clearly went 100% over Braggies head. What the heck is wrong with her that she’s afraid of her children being kind?

Edited by anachronistic
How the heck do I do a link am I supposed to hide it or what? This is hard…..
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Braggie doesn't want her children to be kind. She wants them to be Christians.

With a servant's heart to serve ..... her.

With a servant's heart to serve her, but a heart that is as intolerant, judgmental, and unkind as hers.

Because Braggie is a Christian and she knows What Would Jesus Do. Jesus would be intolerant, judgmental and unkind.

Just like Braggie.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1

15 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

With a servant's heart to serve her, but a heart that is as intolerant, judgmental, and unkind as hers.

Because Braggie is a Christian and she knows What Would Jesus Do. Jesus would be intolerant, judgmental and unkind.

Just like Braggie.

She also wants kids she can brag about. That’s why she will make Ezra graduate at 16. I’m sure she will make him go to a Christian college too. She looks up to Jenny Flanders and they are friends in real life. Jenny’s kids do go to college and seem to do well. I’m sure she compares her own kids to the Flanders kids all the time. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She also wants kids she can brag about. That’s why she will make Ezra graduate at 16. I’m sure she will make him go to a Christian college too. She looks up to Jenny Flanders and they are friends in real life. Jenny’s kids do go to college and seem to do well. I’m sure she compares her own kids to the Flanders kids all the time. 

With the co-op and their grandmother's classes, maybe they can success at one of those Christian colleges. Maybe they can get an accreditation of some sort and have an actual job. They seem nice and responsible and have more/better options than other fundies. But the youngest 4 boys, with Braggie crazier than ever, grandma too old and big dad-brothers out of home, will lack education, manners and emotional support and their future is not bright IMO.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Tyler Junior College is actually a really decent school, it would be a good place for them to at least start.  Or an affordable place to go if at 18 they can actually make some decisions for themselves and get out from under her thumb.

I'm sure the girls will be put into full rotation to help raise the 5 little boys once Ezra and Simon are out of the picture.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the self own in your most recent post, Braggie, but we were already aware you didn't have the critical thinking skills to recognize irony.

Spoiler

175008152_ScreenShot2021-08-09at10_55_11AM.png.c9d0f9901fada628b56a79dbca982e93.png

The second is her reply in the comments to someone trying to explain the irony to her.

1344038083_ScreenShot2021-08-09at10_56_47AM.png.c844f789811011b0926ed5fdfc08b1f3.png

Wait til she finds out California's first openly gay elected official ran with a slogan of "I'm here to recruit you"

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 2

Trust me, Braggie.  The LGBTQ+ community in East Texas wants NOTHING to do with you, and doesn't give people like you a second thought other than to give you a WIDE berth.

Unlike you, however, if any of your kids come out in the future, they will welcome them with open arms.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:12 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Just like Braggie.

Did she actually say this? Because if she did Mama Blue would be outraged. Mama Blue thinks the point of Christianity is to be kind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 8/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, SuperNova said:

No one is looking at her (a crisis for an attention-seeker) but they are listening and wish she would stfu.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Braggie said yesterday that her newsletter subscribers were going to get a "super top secret first dibs" look at the cover of her upcoming book today.  

It's already posted on Amazon, genius.  🤣

Capture.PNG

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 27

According to Braggie's own metrics (well except for "Trusts the status quo for 'truth'" cause wtf does that mean?), she is a mediocre Christlike mother

1391223304_ScreenShot2021-08-12at10_08_27AM.thumb.png.5f843fec1495979c55f81ccd194488e5.png

I'm seriously laughing so hard that she thinks the left side doesn't describe her.

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

I'm DYING.  The left side of that chart is a perfect description of her.  

I have a new title for her book: M is for Malignant Narcissist.

ETA: I'm praying fervently to the flying spaghetti monster that the book flops (it should; her target market is flooded with books by christian mamas who think they're extra special snowflakes with unique insights to share).  I want to make a special trip to Mardel this time next year and find it cluttering up the $3 or less shelf.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic