IGNORED

Top 10 WTF Moments in Maxhell

SPHASH

Ok after much consideration I decided to have a top 10 WTF moments in Maxhell.  Here goes in no particular order.

1. Crying when Nate moved across the street.
2. Taking Nate and Chris out of Little League
3. Steve freaking out over accidently seeing cleavage
4. Ruthie and Lydia wearing skirts over snowpants.
5. Bethy's bare belly being colored over at her baptism.
6. Row Row your boat lyrics being whited out.
7. Jesse (or was it John) being forced to give up guitar because he was good at it.
8. Steve pressuring Chris to give up his dream of being an EMT.
9. Remembering aborted babies instead of soldiers killed in action on Memorial Day.
10. Teri and Steve spazzing out over Nate and Melanie's rehearsal dinner.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I'm still stunned at the size of the pizza cutter used to cut up lettuce. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Maybe because it's fresh but I cannot get Steve Maxwell's s latest corner out of my head, where he says his god created the United States for Christians. It's not just a WTF moment, it's a "you need a slap to jog your brain out of dormancy" moment. 

Maybe it's just the angry moment. Mostly I roll my eyes at his stupidity and WTF-ery, but this pisses me right the EFF off. Such a tone deaf, white privileged, ignorant, racist thing to say. 

Steve Maxwell is a POS.  

Also, speaking of aborted babies, Anna's little stage show has got to be on that list somewhere!

I'm pretty sure there is no way to do a top ten with these morons.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 15

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Also, speaking of aborted babies, Anna's little stage show has got to be on that list somewhere!

I'm pretty sure there is no way to do a top ten with these morons.

Yeah there were a lot more that could have made the list...pizza cutter, taking meat out of the burritos, Sarah lacks gratefulness, Chris and Anna2 scheduling a time to pick baby names, why Anna1 isn't going to college etc.

Edited by SPHASH
eta
  • Upvote 3

#1 Has to be SM speaking about his nether regions during one of his kid’s actual wedding ceremony. This happened right? It’s not a fabricated event, right? 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

#1 Has to be SM speaking about his nether regions during one of his kid’s actual wedding ceremony. This happened right? It’s not a fabricated event, right? 

During John & Chelsy's wedding, Marlin paraded all the reversals on stage and talked about how if it weren't for Steve's reversal, they wouldn't be there that day because there would be no John. Or something like that. 

It was while talking about breeding til you drop (well, they didn't use those words, but it is the meaning behind them) and leaving it all up to your god and the same old blah, blah, blah. 

So, John's was the wedding of Steve's scrotum and Chris's was the wedding of death. Too bad we don't know the theme of Nathan, Joe or Jesse's weddings. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

I think declaring Pepsi an "idol" because Teri enjoyed it needs to be on a list somewhere. 

Also Teri putting the toothpaste on Steve's toothbrush for him. 

Is he the one who took the kids to the airport to point out "immodestly dressed" people?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Anna in that bizarre clown costume luring kids at the county fair to talk about Jesus.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I don't know why this needed it's own thread. 

Anyway the Maxwells are pretty bad, but most fundies are just as awful if not worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Anna in that bizarre clown costume luring kids at the county fair to talk about Jesus.

Lolly the clown. Yes. 

Teri stressing over wanting to remind Steve to bring the pizza home but not reminding him because the's a manly man and what do you know, god rewarded her by Steve bringing home pizza! Isn't god great??!!! 

Yes, most fundies could easily have a top ten list. But, Maxells are their very own special brand and it's fun to make selections. I don't see the big deal with it being its own thread. In fact I kind of like it because if I think of something at some stupidly random moment I can run and post about it and not have to search which thread the conversation was in and where it left off. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

I just want to point out that Marlin Bontrager, Curtis Bowers and some of their sons were at the Insurrection, and yet people still think Steve is worse.  I hope John and Chelsy never move to Iowa to be near her family. The Bontragers are more dangerous than the Maxwells. 

• Move Along 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 7
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I just want to point out that Marlin Bontrager, Curtis Bowers and some of their sons were at the Insurrection, and yet people still think Steve is worse.  I hope John and Chelsy never move to Iowa to be near her family. The Bontragers are more dangerous than the Maxwells. 

I don't look at Steve as "worse" or anyone as worse or better. I look at them having own special brand of...life. 

Bontragers, Bowers, Mortons, Campanas - all tRumping asshats. Not a surprise. But, they still can't hold a candle to Steve's particular brand of batshit crazy. 

I'm actually pretty sure Steve thinks exactly like the rest of the tRumping fundies, he just doesn't have the balls to say anything about it for whatever Steve reason he has in his head. 

They're all pretty damn equal on the abhorrent human being scale. 

But, the batshit insane stuff Steve does...a class by itself. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I don't look at Steve as "worse" or anyone as worse or better. I look at them having own special brand of...life. 

Bontragers, Bowers, Mortons, Campanas - all tRumping asshats. Not a surprise. But, they still can't hold a candle to Steve's particular brand of batshit crazy. 

I'm actually pretty sure Steve thinks exactly like the rest of the tRumping fundies, he just doesn't have the balls to say anything about it for whatever Steve reason he has in his head. 

They're all pretty damn equal on the abhorrent human being scale. 

But, the batshit insane stuff Steve does...a class by itself. 

I think trying to overthrow or override the election is worse than anything Steve has done.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think trying to overthrow or override the election is worse than anything Steve has done.

Great. You win. I'm done with this part of the discussion. Talking about batshit Maxwell stories is more fun than debating a debate I don't really think exists.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

We didn't have a county fair last year, but, when I was in EFFING HIGH SCHOOL my mom STILL made me go say hi to Mrs. B who had the stupid ark puppet show and her clown costume every year.
It was always weird and creepy. 
(aNd I say that as someone related to both carnies and street preachers)

• Upvote 11

Didn't Teri say she schedules times to write her children about what's worrying them or how much of a blessing they are..... instead of telling them to their faces? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

Either way I love this thread, it's a harmless thing to do and like PP said, prevents me from search other topics when another one of Steve's legendary pointless antics is brought up in a current thread. It's kind of ironic to argue about whether about Steve is worse than other fundies, like we're ranking them, in a thread ranking their top 10 insane moments. 

FWIW - Steve probably banned Trump pre-emptively before anyone could make an idol out of him

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

FWIW - Steve probably banned Trump pre-emptively before anyone could make an idol out of him

The Maxwells are as dangerous and Trump-loving as any other fundies. 

Spoiler

IMG_9119-preview.thumb.jpg.a5303096ddec5c59a4b8232c7ee39bf8.jpg

The thought of those kids holding the name of that sexual predator in their hands makes me ill.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

I’m remembering the time the Maxmaidens celebrated Sarah’s birthday by having a “sewing party” and each of them made a different brown skirt out of their fabric stash. This activity was never heard to happen again because I bet Stevehovah struck it down as an Idol because the girls had too much f*n doing it.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't know why this needed it's own thread. 

Anyway the Maxwells are pretty bad, but most fundies are just as awful if not worse.

Because someone wanted to do it. There is a similar thread in Jrod. If you don’t like it, no need to visit!

Why has no one mentioned the CHEESE PAPER?

Or the cats and dogs argument = no Taco Bell and the decade later apology from Anna. And the three animal crackers.

And Steve’s complete ignoring of his mother’s death. 

Or the Reversal Wedding Speech(es).

and for God’s sake, what about the CHEESE PAPER??

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 16

There are many examples of Maxwells saying of doing evil or unspeakably weird things, but what makes them stand out to me are the innocent things that show how little insight they have regarding how they come across. I’m thinking the cheese paper, the pizza wheel, and the photographic essay on cleaning ceiling fans. 

• Upvote 13

My top 10 Maxhell moments:

1. Sarah's disastrous backyard breeding venture with Ellie.

2. Steve's post freaking out over a woman wearing a bathing suit.

3. Gigi buying food and supplies for a family gathering a few years ago on for the 4th of July (I believe)

4. Making Teri's favorited salad being difficult. This is the first introduction we got to the elusive pizza cutter.

5. Abbie's book report about a story not making you "wiser".

6. Creating schedules for their adult children who clearly cannot manage their lives without one.

7. Commemorating aborted babies on Memorial Day and whenever they can. The family finds every opportunity they can to do so.

8. Pepsi being an idol.

9. Joseph and Christopher's engagements being broken off suddenly with no explanation and being scrubbed completely.

10. Having a complete meltdown over Nathan moving across the street on his wedding day.

Honorable mentions: Steve shunning sports because they are prideful and Steve crying over "accidentally" looking at a woman's cleavage.

• Upvote 18

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

The Maxwells are as dangerous and Trump-loving as any other fundies. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_9119-preview.thumb.jpg.a5303096ddec5c59a4b8232c7ee39bf8.jpg

The thought of those kids holding the name of that sexual predator in their hands makes me ill.

I don't think otherwise and hence why I'm in this snark site, so let's not make this repulsively accusatory mistake and think that I might be saying so just because I wasn't explicit. A silly remark is not an endorsement.

ETA - nearly forgot when they scheduled time for the roach (? was it another critter) infestation upstairs in the girls room. Forget dealing with it urgently! It must be scheduled!

Edited by fundieundies
ETA & Reason
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

1. Terri thinking that Steve is so incompetent that he can't even out his own toothpaste on his toothbrush. 

2. Terri "trusting" Steve to pick up the pizza and just praying about it instead of calling him or texting him to remind her husband that he needs to pick up pizza for dinner. 

3. The time we read the Moody books and realized how checked out Terri really was. 

4. The time they hiked up a 14er and proceeded to blog about how they left at 4 am, woke up people who were camping, and proceeded to judge the sleeping camper for not getting up at 3:30 am to hike up the same mountain as the Maxwells. 

5. The music video they made in Colorado. I think that was them. 

6. Anna 1.0s jumpers. 

7. Christopher's entire website. 

8. The time(s) they brag about tipping their servers with fake money. 

9. The time they photoshopped a baby, as though a baby can be immodest.

10. Pizza cutter tip. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Top 10 WTF Moments in Maxhell