IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

@Lgirlrocks, I'd sure as hell not want my infant in any NICU that would let them in without wearing masks. That's just irresponsible!  Are they in Tennessee?  There are a bunch of Covidiots in that state. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t imagine giving birth to 3 singletons in a span of 2.5 years. 

So I looked it up and getting pregnant within 6 months after giving birth can raise your chances for premature birth. The general recommendation is waiting 18 months after giving birth. But quiverful fundies would never follow that advice. 

My sister refused to listen to this advice and had a late term miscarriage after her first child (conceived within 6 months of giving birth), and a premature baby at 31 weeks after her second child (conceived within 5 months of giving birth). Baby #3 was in the NICU until her delivery date.  

I recall her ob/gyn was livid with her for getting pregnant within 5 months of giving birth to baby #2. I don't know if she turned down my sister as a patient, or if my sister decided to leave on her own accord.  

As someone who can't have children, it burns me when healthy parents refuse to listen to reasonable medical advice for the sake of their children.   

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 22

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They said the doctors don’t know why she decided to come early. Can back to back to back pregnancies be a reason? I’m genuinely asking because I know nothing if this topic.

I don't think it's that simple. Both Kendra and Tori had babies with close to this spacing and they didn't have births that are this premature. We can probably think of more fundies with babies this close in age. I know a fundie in real life who her first two 17 months apart and her second and third were 14 months apart (all of these pregnancies were close full term. Technically the first child was early term.)

There are probably other reasons why the baby was early. 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The baby appears to be on CPAP ventilation, which would not be uncommon for a 30 week gestation neonate. Wishing them healthy thoughts and a smooth Nicu ride.

It probably has more to do with the hospital and maybe the state of Kansas. Maxwells are rule followers at least, but Chelsy posted a selfie last year of herself 9 months pregnant with Elliot in a public restroom. Both families had weddings during the Pandemic. The Maxwells had fewer people at the wedding, and immediately held a birthday party for Gigi. 

Neither the Maxwells nor the Bontragers have a stellar record when it comes to science. 

Editing: It was nine months and here's a link to picture of Chelsy pregnant with no mask. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 9

Gosh so that is why the blog was quiet. I hope they all recover well!

Welcome to Maxhell, MaddieSue. They already have a Maddie Moody in Sarah's book so you'll have to go by both names when your grandparents and aunties are around!

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

Gosh so that is why the blog was quiet. I hope they all recover well!

Welcome to Maxhell, MaddieSue. They already have a Maddie Moody in Sarah's book so you'll have to go by both names when your grandparents and aunties are around!

Madeline Sue and Simon Peter — 8 syllables to call two little-bitty people. Will be mildly amusing to see how long the 4-syllable names last. We’re already hearing MaddieSue here. Can SimonPete be far behind? Would the Maxmen and their little wimmen permit such frivolousness?  Frivolity comes close to fun, after all! ?

• Upvote 6

I'm happy kangaroo method is allowed with Maddie. Both baby and Chelsy will feel better this way. 

I'm sure Melanie (and all Maxwells) will remember Susannah, but she was born very ill and they knew it in advance. Maddie seems to be healthy, she needs special care now, but it's a very different case. 

What Chelsy and John are living is a hard experience for a couple. But the fact they have 2 toddlers makes it worse. Chelsy is very fundie and stubborn and she wants a big family, so I imagine that in 15 months #4 will be here. But I hope they could stop for a moment and think "Am I too stressed? Am I too tired? How are the kids?".

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't think it's that simple. Both Kendra and Tori had babies with close to this spacing and they didn't have births that are this premature. We can probably think of more fundies with babies this close in age. I know a fundie in real life who her first two 17 months apart and her second and third were 14 months apart (all of these pregnancies were close full term. Technically the first child was early term.)

There are probably other reasons why the baby was early. 

It probably has more to do with the hospital and maybe the state of Kansas. Maxwells are rule followers at least, but Chelsy posted a selfie last year of herself 9 months pregnant with Elliot in a public restroom. Both families had weddings during the Pandemic. The Maxwells had fewer people at the wedding, and immediately held a birthday party for Gigi. 

Neither the Maxwells nor the Bontragers have a stellar record when it comes to science. 

Editing: It was nine months and here's a link to picture of Chelsy pregnant with no mask. 

Short gaps between births increase the chance of premature delivery. Doesn’t mean it WILL happen ? Miscarriages are VERY common yet Michelle only had 2 in 20 pregnancies. (I had none known in 3) 

• Upvote 19
  • Eyeroll 1

Melanie’s middle name is Sue. Are she and Chelsy very close? Maybe that’s where she got the middle name. Madeline Sue is way better than Axton Maxwell. I’m guessing Chelsy might pull a Jessa and give the first child the worst sounding name and then everyone else the nicer sounding names. 

• Upvote 12

That sounds pretty scary. 

It's probably the only good part of being a (male) maxwell - the legion of bored aunts who can jump in at a moment's notice to look after the existing kids. I've no doubt Axton and Elliot are very well cared for right now. 

Still an awful experience. I hope Madeline does well in NICU. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Baby looks really good and it a great size actually!  One of my preschool moms jut had a 30 weeker, random/spontaneous and she came in a few ounces shy of this.  Cpap is normal and if they are doing kangaroo care baby is stable.  Fingers crossed and wishes sent up that she is simple what they call a "feeder/grower" and will be able to get home sooner than her due date! And lets all send up a prayer that mom is not pregnant again before she is released ... which is not unheard of.. ugh

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Short gaps between births increase the chance of premature delivery. Doesn’t mean it WILL happen ? Miscarriages are VERY common yet Michelle only had 2 in 20 pregnancies. (I had none known in 3) 

Of course I noticed my maths issue only after the edit window closed…

19 kids with 2 sets of twins plus 2 miscarriages equals 19 pregnancies, doh!

Hopefully little Madeline comes to full health quickly and has no lasting issues that a pair of glasses can’t fix.

Edited by Mrs Ms
Missing letter
  • Upvote 9

12 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Zach and Whitney bateses didn’t wear masks when Jayden was in the nicu. 

One, the Bates' are not the brightest bulbs and think COVID is the flu. Two, their hospital may not have required them. 

When my godson was born prematurely in 2005, we had to gown up & mask up to go into the NICU. 15 years pre-COVID, so masks are not just a COVID thing; they're a staple in the medical field & hospitals. 

Notably, he & his twin were born at 30 weeks and both were roughly 3.5 pounds. They were healthy overall and went home after just short of 4 weeks. Of course, every situation is different, but size is very helpful so they can regulate their own temperature and other reasons, of course, that I just don't remember any longer. Baby Madeline doing kangaroo care already is a really good sign. 

I also don't think this will affect their pregnancy choices. Because, god. They will never make a connection between an early, unexplained birth (if it remains unexplained; they'll have justifications if they do get a reason) and rapid pregnancy. Because god knows what he's doing and who are they to interfere? The whole having sex makes babies thing is really irrelevant to them; they've taken biology out of the equation and made it all about their god. 

I don't think they'll hold off on baby making for a single second. By next Christmas, #4 will be here. I'd bet my paycheck on it. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I hope that Madeline is healthy, grows quickly and has no lasting issues.  I wonder if Scamaritan will pay for a 10 week NICU bill?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

One, the Bates' are not the brightest bulbs and think COVID is the flu. Two, their hospital may not have required them. 

When my godson was born prematurely in 2005, we had to gown up & mask up to go into the NICU. 15 years pre-COVID, so masks are not just a COVID thing; they're a staple in the medical field & hospitals. 

Notably, he & his twin were born at 30 weeks and both were roughly 3.5 pounds. They were healthy overall and went home after just short of 4 weeks. Of course, every situation is different, but size is very helpful so they can regulate their own temperature and other reasons, of course, that I just don't remember any longer. Baby Madeline doing kangaroo care already is a really good sign. 

I also don't think this will affect their pregnancy choices. Because, god. They will never make a connection between an early, unexplained birth (if it remains unexplained; they'll have justifications if they do get a reason) and rapid pregnancy. Because god knows what he's doing and who are they to interfere? The whole having sex makes babies thing is really irrelevant to them; they've taken biology out of the equation and made it all about their god. 

I don't think they'll hold off on baby making for a single second. By next Christmas, #4 will be here. I'd bet my paycheck on it. 

If the next one is premature too, I wonder if it will make her think twice. 

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I hope that Madeline is healthy, grows quickly and has no lasting issues.  I wonder if Scamaritan will pay for a 10 week NICU bill?

Good question-

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if Scamaritan will pay for a 10 week NICU bill?

That is a very good question. Does anyone know if Scamaritan covers NICU. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I just skimmed through and stopped at this:

Expenses Not Shared—Procedures directly related to the termination of a living, unborn child and/or removal of the living, unborn child from the mother due to an ectopic pregnancy are not shared (e.g. methotrexate, salpingectomy, salpingostomy), unless the removal of the child from its ectopic location was for the primary purpose of saving the life of the child or improving the health of the child.

So, if mom is gonna die because of an ectopic pregnancy, too bad, so sad. We will only pay if involves saving the preborn fetus; the living, breathing mother's life is irrelevant. 

Reading their rules & exceptions & justifications, I fail to see how anyone in any realm thinks they are a good choice for health care expenses. 

Not the least of which is you having to pay upfront and get reimbursed. Because everyone has thousands upon thousands of dollars sitting around to pay exorbitant medical bills, only to get "qualified" amounts back at some later date. 

The US medical system is broken but this "sharing" scam is so awful I can't imagine how deeply brainwashed by religion one must be to choose this for their costs. What a joke. 

• Upvote 25
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They said the doctors don’t know why she decided to come early. Can back to back to back pregnancies be a reason? I’m genuinely asking because I know nothing if this topic.

I believe the current recommendation is to try and wait 18 months after birth before conceiving again.  Close spacing is a risk factor for premature birth.

https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/how-long-should-you-wait-before-getting-pregnant-again.aspx

Edited by ContrastingButtons
Delete double quote box
  • Upvote 8

10 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

And yet dozens of fundies manage to have babies closer together than that with rarely a premature birth like this. It may increase the odds a little, but it doesn't full explain what happened.  Most people fundie or not don't seem to wait 18 months. 

46 minutes ago, ksuheather said:

Baby Maddie is roughly 1550g so she would automatically qualify for Medicaid. (At least according to this link from a childrens hospital)

https://www.chkd.org/blog/is-your-baby-eligible-for-social-security-or-medicaid-/

Actually it says she would automatically qualify if she weighs 1199 grams or less. Both you and I got around 1550g so that would mean she doesn't qualify by weight. Maybe by virtue of being premature? 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1

9 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And yet dozens of fundies manage to have babies closer together than that with rarely a premature birth like this. It may increase the odds a little, but it doesn't full explain what happened.  Most people fundie or not don't seem to wait 18 months. 

Actually it says she would automatically qualify if she weighs 1199 grams or less. Both you and I got around 1550g so that would mean she doesn't qualify by weight. Maybe by virtue of being premature? 

Gah so sorry my reading comprehension is lacking for sure

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic