IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 30: LaCounting On to His Trial Date

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

• Thank You 6
  • Love 2

Looking at the 3 signatures, it’s easy to spot the SOTDRT attendees’ chicken scratch. And, yes, I know that many people have poor penmanship.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, chris said:

Josh was released on his personal recognizance.

02912271494.png

02912271494 2.png

Yes, I thought I read in the reddit transcript that it was a signature bond.

• Upvote 6

Oops! Tried to reply to comment about why Anna might be hesitating for interviews of the kids and missed the thread switch. So can’t quote original comment but: 

If it’s true that she thinks the charges are entrapment, add that to the fundie distrust of CPS and homeschool legal defense horror stories she probably thinks it’s dangerous and will get Josh “falsely accused.”

I suppose it’s possible she’s also heard stories from the older girls about the interviews. Or she could be gauging her kids’ response right now and worried it will be traumatic. 

I think Anna is culpable and foolish and brainwashed and all the rest, but I don’t think I’d she actually thought Josh was molesting their kids she’d carry on with it. I want that to be true at least. 

I think there are reasonable reasons for it to be true that she’s hesitant IF it is. Sounds like speculation to me

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Society doesn't talk about CSA in the way in needs to be discussed because the media, etc has largely implied CSA and predators only exist in a "stranger danger" narrative. We all know about the person with the lost dog in the van, the teacher, and coach... People don't like to think about sad things. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them. No one wants to think that someone we love such as a romantic partner/father/step-father etc. could be capable of viewing CSA like Josh, with desire.  Also, we are all aware of the "red flag warning signs" of a predator outside of the home, but not what these signs would appear to be if it were closer. I'm not sure Anna nor someone outside of fundamentalism would've known what the signs of this sort of predator look like, if it were within the immediate family.

I am disturbed, and shocked, (but at the same time, maybe more disturbed than shocked, given Josh's past as a minor). I'm surprised that a father of 6-7 kids under 12 is capable of downloading the CSA file Josh did.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 17
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

Oops! Tried to reply to comment about why Anna might be hesitating for interviews of the kids and missed the thread switch. So can’t quote original comment but: 

If it’s true that she thinks the charges are entrapment, add that to the fundie distrust of CPS and homeschool legal defense horror stories she probably thinks it’s dangerous and will get Josh “falsely accused.”

I suppose it’s possible she’s also heard stories from the older girls about the interviews. Or she could be gauging her kids’ response right now and worried it will be traumatic. 

I think Anna is culpable and foolish and brainwashed and all the rest, but I don’t think I’d she actually thought Josh was molesting their kids she’d carry on with it. I want that to be true at least. 

I think there are reasonable reasons for it to be true that she’s hesitant IF it is. Sounds like speculation to me

The poor kids have been through a lot and I’m sure she is concerned about further traumatizing them-I hadn’t thought of it from that perspective.  My hope is that she wouldn’t try to protect Josh if she suspected he was harming their kids.  I don’t know how deep the loyalty to the headship runs but would like to think the well being of her children would come first.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I should have waited a few pages but I've released myself from a self-inflicted, year-long JTTH into this mess.

Knowledge vampires. Most of us are familiar with the form of troll/poster known as an emotional vampire.

They suck up the space in a thread. It's all happened to them. Or, they don't have anyone to talk to irl. Or nobody irl understands them. Internet narcissism.

But as I was getting to in my last post...there's also a certain type of poster that Wants To Be Involved. They'll answer all the queries, mundane, complex, or repetitive. They frequently get in over their head. If they're called out, they'll ignore it.

And if enough time goes by, they get fomo and will react with irrelevant posts and comments just to see if they can stay relevant.

I call this - The Knowledge Vampire.

Now. To be absolutely clear. In my first post I was speaking about the approximate page or so of posts happening before it. Afterwards, I remembered that I was going to mention this. It applies to different people.

@FilleMondaine I assume you are talking about the downloaded video? If so, thanks for that - I didn't want to look into it more than the brief glimpse I did see.

29 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Society doesn't talk about CSA in the way in needs to be discussed because the media has largely implied CSA and predators only exist in a "stranger danger" narrative. People don't like to think about sad things. Everyone thinks it won't happen to them. No one wants to think that someone we love such as a romantic partner/father/step-father etc. could be capable of viewing CSA like Josh, with desire.  Also, we are all aware of the "red flag warning signs" of a predator outside of the home, but not what these signs would appear to be if it were closer. I'm not sure Anna nor someone outside of fundamentalism would've known what the signs of this sort of predator look like, if it were within the immediate family.

I am disturbed, and shocked, but at the same time I'm not given Josh's past as a minor. I'm surprised that a father of 6-7 kids under 12 is capable of downloading the CSA file Josh did.

Maybe in the after-school specials of 1985. I'm fairly sure that prevailing knowledge about molestation from the media these days, nee, murder and most kinds of traumatic assault is that it will come from a person the victim knows.

I really think that you don't know what you are talking about. Your comments vacilate between statements about things that you are learning about a majorly complex topic in 2021, specious claims, and wild emotions.

And I'm calling you out on it for the last time because I don't buy it. In the past we have had EPIC community discussions with you and about you and a lot has gone on. There's absolutely nothing you can say about anything at this point that makes me think you're not acting up on purpose and don't want the attention. You like the votes. And you like feeling bad for yourself.

Done here- not derailing this thread for her shit.

I call bullshit when I see it though. You all know that.

(I edited to clarify what's what)

Edited by AliceInFundyland
fixed double post within post
  • Upvote 15
  • Confused 10
  • Eyeroll 3

13 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Was going to say the same. It’s really not a clue to anything other than how much they distrust outsiders. They might think he’s totally innocent but are worried about the kids being coerced into giving false statements, which honestly isn’t unreasonable at all.

But idk, they haven’t shown much concern for the safety or wellbeing of any children ever, so they might just not care if they’ve been abused or not, and would rather it remain unknown if they were, to protect the brand.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

But idk, they haven’t shown much concern for the safety or wellbeing of any children ever, so they might just not care if they’ve been abused or not, and would rather it remain unknown if they were, to protect the brand.

I don't know her obviously so this is speculation like everyone else, but I doubt this very much.

I absolutely believe her power of denial is strong, that her need to believe everything is okay is dangerous to her children, and that she needs to believe Josh could never do this.  But it takes a special kind of evil to know and not care.

I dont think she's evil.  I think she is wrong and in way over her head with Josh....but I blindness and fear....seeing good where none exists.  But I don't see an evil.  Get rid of her hateful beliefs and Josh and she'd probably be a pretty good mom outside of an emergency where critical thought and the ability to make tough decisions is needed.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 40
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Does anyone know the story behind JBs face in the picture at the top of the thread?  He looks like he smelled poop or maybe saw something Nike? It cracks me up every time I see it. 

• Haha 9

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't know her obviously so this is speculation like everyone else, but I doubt this very much.

I absolutely believe her power of denial is strong, that her need to believe everything is okay is dangerous to her children, and that she needs to believe Josh could never do this.  But it takes a special kind of evil to know and not care.

I dont think she's evil.  I think she is wrong and in way over her head with Josh....but I blindness and fear....seeing good where none exists.  But I don't see an evil.  Get rid of her hateful beliefs and Josh and she'd probably be a pretty good mom outside of an emergency where critical thought and the ability to make tough decisions is needed.

Yeah, I guess I should have clarified that I don’t believe Anna would have this motivation, but I do believe JimBob would and could easily pressure or convince Anna to refuse to let them be examined. I honestly have quite a lot of compassion for Anna and I think she’s a victim here. I don’t believe she would not care if she knew.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, CinnaJen said:

Does anyone know the story behind JBs face in the picture at the top of the thread?  He looks like he smelled poop or maybe saw something Nike? It cracks me up every time I see it. 

Something is being poked into his throat.  I don't watch the show so Idk what game they are playing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Something is being poked into his throat.  I don't watch the show so Idk what game they are playing.

Lol!  Now I see it-what the hell kind of game is that?  I don’t watch the show either, I thought maybe they were at the zoo or something.  He’s a hot mess.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Looking at the 3 signatures, it’s easy to spot the SOTDRT attendees’ chicken scratch. And, yes, I know that many people have poor penmanship.

My 6th grade English teacher once referred to my handwriting as a grandmotherly scrawl. It has not gotten better over the years. It’s very sad that even with my very non SOTDRT education, I have to block print like a 5 year old in order to be even semi legible. ?‍♀️

I don’t even know what to say about Josh and his crimes. Everyone else in these threads has said it better than I ever could. He’s a heinous asshole. I think Anna plays ostrich because it’s the only way she can cope with her perfect fantasy life going to shit. Hopefully she pulls her head out before her kids are irretrievably damaged. She’s really the only one. Neither set of grandparents are going to be any help. 

It’s been a while since I’ve been in the Duggar threads, but I seem to remember years ago when the show was in full swing, people were generally in agreement then that Michelle was a shit/non existent parent but seemed to think that JB was at least the more engaged/attentive one. Now we know they’re both shit. 

• Upvote 18

Just now, CinnaJen said:

Lol!  Now I see it-what the hell kind of game is that?  I don’t watch the show either, I thought maybe they were at the zoo or something.  He’s a hot mess.  

HIs face looks like he's trying to poop and it's not going well.

Sorry for the image, guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26

Can someone explain to me how Smuggar was released on his own recognizance instead of having to pay bail/bond? That makes no sense to me

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Can someone explain to me how Smuggar was released on his own recognizance instead of having to pay bail/bond? That makes no sense to me

So from what I’ve gathered on previous threads is that federal courts don’t do cash bond which is actually a good thing most of the time. 

(DC ended cash bail which I why I was less afraid of protesting this past year lol)

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I think his defense team argued that because he's so well-known and has a famous face that he's not a flight risk.

Though I also read somewhere that the prosecution, when they first got wind of the image download and started tracing it to the taco car lot, didn't know his name or face (which would nullify any cries of "persecution" that might come after his arrest.)

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

So from what I’ve gathered on previous threads is that federal courts don’t do cash bond which is actually a good thing most of the time. 

(DC ended cash bail which I why I was less afraid of protesting this past year lol)

Thank you!! It just seemed weird to me that people on drug related crimes get stuck in jail when they can’t pay bond but Josh gets to walk away. But those would probably be state crimes.

I agree, good thing not to have bond most of the time but I want Smug and JB to suffer 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I think his defense team argued that because he's so well-known and has a famous face that he's not a flight risk.

Though I also read somewhere that the prosecution, when they first got wind of the image download and started tracing it to the taco car lot, didn't know his name or face (which would nullify any cries of "persecution" that might come after his arrest.)

That's such an absurd argument.  He has one of the world's most non-descript faces.  Honestly, I don't think I'd recognize him if I ran into him at the store.  Out of context and his generic features I doubt he's getting recognized by many if he's alone.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Sorry to indulge in thread-drift so soon in the new thread, but in the past thread some people snarked about how odd it would be to marry someone with the same name as one of your parents, and others seemed to agree.  I have to challenge that.  

My mother married a man with the same name as her father. My uncle (different side of the family) married a woman with the same name as his mother.  Neither one of them was kinky or weird.  My grandmother and my father both had very common names. 

My husband’s late wife had the same name as one of his sisters. Again, a very common name.   

More recently, my husband’s daughter married a man with the same name as my husband (her father). Again, it is a ridiculously common name.  No one thought it was weird.  (They do have different nicknames, but it is the same name.)

If we start getting snarky about people who marry (or date) people with the same name as their close relatives, we are seriously restricting the romantic options of those unfortunate enough to have very popular/common names or who are the children of parents with very common/popular names. ?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, CinnaJen said:

It was a trust exercise on a marriage retreat - the metal bar went between his throat and Michelle's.  The rest of the retreat seemed about as well-run as this game.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 1

• Destiny locked this topic