IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 30: LaCounting On to His Trial Date

choralcrusader8613

I think that when the Duggar parents do start making statements or doing interviews (to "save" the brand) we'll hear all about how the devil has got ahold of Josh and won't let go. 

This is one of the things about their religion/cult that really pisses me off,. No personal responsibility. If you screw up...why, it had to be THE DEVIL". 

I am Christian myself, and this is one of the things about atheism that I find very positive. If you are good - it is because you choose to be, if you are bad, it's all on you. The Duggars, Schraders, and others like them are very fond of dumping the blame onto the devil.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Damn.  Someone needs to tell JB if you aren't shady you don't need a separate LLC for every business transaction.

So women aren't smart enough to be breadwinners, but they are good enough to slap their names on multiple businesses.  Sure, that makes sense.

Commercial attorney here. I deal with similar structures on a daily basis. 

Using separate LLCs for holding real estate or separate business ventures is standard operating procedure in the commercial world. It keeps the ventures separate for tax, accounting and/or liability issues. Not at all shady. I would say their lenders would want the properties kept separate, but Jim Bob claims to be debt free (I have my doubts). 

I would not be surprised if the upstream owner of all of these LLCs (perhaps separated by an interim entity  or two) is either a Duggar trust or an LLC with a name like Duggar Family, LLC. If there’s a lawsuit filed at the property level, the upstream owner, which is where the bulk of the money will be held, is somewhat insulated from liability. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 30

4 minutes ago, Inky said:

I think that when the Duggar parents do start making statements or doing interviews (to "save" the brand) we'll hear all about how the devil has got ahold of Josh and won't let go. 

This is one of the things about their religion/cult that really pisses me off,. No personal responsibility. If you screw up...why, it had to be THE DEVIL". 

I am Christian myself, and this is one of the things about atheism that I find very positive. If you are good - it is because you choose to be, if you are bad, it's all on you. The Duggars, Schraders, and others like them are very fond of dumping the blame onto the devil.

The thing about atheism is that it's all personal accountability. I rape and watch all of the CSA I want to; that is, zero. I have zero thought to some eternal pay-off; it's all about how my actions affect myself and those around me. As heartbreaking and horrifying as it is to say... My faith is in humanity. I'm just trying to do my small part on this pale blue dot.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

41 minutes ago, Jess said:

I would like to point out that this is a list of LLCs where she is the registered agent or an officer. You do not have to own shares to be either. The registered agent is just who you serve with papers if you are suing the LLC it does not mean the person owns the company. Same with officers it’s just the person listed as an officer it does not mean they are a shareholder. Anna could own 0% of these companies or just a small amount. Conversely she could own 100% of an LCC that does not list her as an agent/officer. I wouldn’t be that shocked if JB owns a large percentage of these companies.

The church I go to had me down as the registered agent for a couple years.  I got it switched it over to the rector as soon as he came in.  Only thing I ever had to do as a registered agent was renew the legal entity listing with the secretary of state. 

LLCs are becoming one of the most popular forms of business entities today.  I think if my dad and his brothers were setting up a farm now they'd probably go the LLC route. 

• Upvote 3

• Destiny locked this topic