IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh&Anna 27:How Many Robocalls Did Michelle Make to Warn People about Her Son

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, gustava said:

But doesn't someone have to live with him?  Court approved?

I think @snickerz is suggesting JB move into one of the rental properties with Josh for the duration. JB would be the ultimate accountability partner. 

• Upvote 14

9 minutes ago, sansan said:

I get that totally but they have raised daughters to basically be useless as wage earning people and for them to be in control of how they may choose to make money for their own livelihoods, I wouldn’t blame them. It would be poetic justice for them to turn their back on the parents that birthed them and raised them in a bizarre way and now they make their own money telling their story. They have been prostituded for years so if they chose to reveal it all, it may be a cleansing process for them. I don’t really expect everyone to agree but I would be out for blood if I was them.

I think I see where you're coming from here.  As a survivor, I myself have considered writing more openly about my abuse.

But there is so. much. shame.  Even if you know you aren't guilty of it (which, who's to say they do), there is still so.much.shame.  Especially if you aren't free from that church/culture/family/mindset yet.  

Even before I breathed a word to anyone, I was constantly told that being a girl was tempting to the boys around me.  I'm just grateful that my parents stuck up for me when I finally told them.  That is not the norm in these circles.

I might still write about it, but publish my writings?  That is a huge, huge decision that even years later I'm not prepared to make.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 27

2 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I think @snickerz is suggesting JB move into one of the rental properties with Josh for the duration. JB would be the ultimate accountability partner. 

Uhhhhhh....JB as an accountability partner??.  More like partner in crime!

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, keep_my_spleen said:

I think I see where you're coming from here.  As a survivor, I myself have considered writing more openly about my abuse.

But there is so. much. shame.  Even if you know you aren't guilty of it (which, who's to say they do), there is still so.much.shame.  Especially if you aren't free from that church/culture/family/mindset yet.  

Even before I breathed a word to anyone, I was constantly told that being a girl was tempting to the boys around me.  I'm just grateful that my parents stuck up for me when I finally told them.  That is not the norm in these circles.

I might still write about it, but publish my writings?  That is a huge, huge decision that even years later I'm not prepared to make.

I'm sorry you went through that. I think this is why DerJill haven't released a tell all book. Jill is in therapy. I hope that Jeremy is patient with Jinger because I'm concerned he's going to pressure her to get writing. Jeremy comes across as a toxic husband (NOT that Derick isn't toxic but, Jeremy seems to make Jinger uncomfortable and always perform). Jeremy, IMO, seems like a potential JB 2.0.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 20

Josh is not the responsibility of any of his siblings.  I do not see any of them becoming his guardian. It was one thing to give him a pass for his crimes at age 16 and then to dismiss his Ashley Madison pursuits with women his age as a guy who “just needs more sex from his wife”.

But I think all the Duggar siblings understand that with these latest charges, any intentional association trying to “help” Josh will drag them into a big huge mess. They all have a social media presence. They want their own successful careers as influencers or preachers or lawyers or authors. They don’t want dragged down with his baggage. Being yoked with Josh from this point on will cost them. They are smart enough to know that.

I also think they have the ability to reassess the ongoing Josh saga. With the new revelations, they can come to the moment of truth that his problems are much worse than they ever knew. They can come to the conclusion that his actions are way out of their control and they can’t do anything for him. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

“Turning a mess into a disaster” oh honey they shit has not aged well. You didn’t leave for being a child molestor. You are trying to garner sympathy for an affair? Mate you whole marriage is a fucking disaster. Gtfo! 
oh and what a lot of fucking waffle to say pretty much nothing. I fucking hate Christianese

Honestly when she talked about "turning a mess into a disaster" back then, I was thinking "Anna, it's already a disaster, this is not what you signed up for, get the hell out.  This is your chance, it will NOT get better."

• Upvote 19

And while we are on the subject of accountability partners, can I vent about this whole concept? You have this wonderful cult that "trains up" children to be perfect Christians and you don't dare let them go anywhere without their own personal snitch? Hell, I'd never go five miles over the speed limit if I had a cop sitting in the car beside me. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I'm sorry you went through that. I think this is why DerJill haven't released a tell all book. Jill is in therapy. I hope that Jeremy is patient with Jinger because I'm concerned he's going to pressure her to get writing. Jeremy comes across as a toxic husband (NOT that Derick isn't toxic but, Jeremy seems to make Jinger uncomfortable and always perform).

1) Thank you.  Reading these forums that last few days has been incredibly re-traumatizing, but at the same time, incredibly healing.

2) I know a lot of people here find Derick and Jill cringey and awful... but I kind of feel like I'm in a similar situation as them (without the fame haha).  I'm still trying to find my place as a Christian/more conservative person who isn't a fundie anymore, going to therapy and working through my issues to hopefully become a well-rounded and well-adjusted person.

ANYway, yeah, I 100% agree that that's probably why Derick and Jill haven't released a book or anything of that nature.

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

She's a crazy youtuber who thinks she knows all and has more inside information than the FBI. She's been sued by some. She's constantly in fights with other youtubers. She is not remotely reputable. 

And I learned all this in the past couple of days because before she came up in the whole Duggar discussion online, I'd never given her any thought. I *had* heard of her, but never watched/read/listened to her. 

Other youtubers are saying the Josh story is her cash cow and what she's been waiting for, having done like 7 videos since the news broke. I know, don't believe everything you read online - but there are far too many people with negative opinions of her to ignore. Gotta' go with the odds. 

I'm trying to watch her thing (I know) - she does seem to be full of it. Just reporting on what she read in the Sun, on Reddit and Instagram. Whoever her 'sources' are don't seem to have anything more than can be gleaned with a basic google search.

And she's kind of disturbingly gleeful about it all. Trying to insert herself into the drama of it all by claiming insider knowledge. Zero insight. FJers are way more interesting and thoughtful about it all.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, keep_my_spleen said:

ANYway, yeah, I 100% agree that that's probably why Derick and Jill haven't released a book or anything of that nature.

I thought they were waiting until Derick finishes law school and passes the bar and all that. But this would expand their content. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

And prison may even be preferable to living with JB..

• Upvote 16

15 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

I thought they were waiting until Derick finishes law school and passes the bar and all that. But this would expand their content. 

I think they might just be saying that. I think Jill just wants to live a life without the stage and have any photos/videos be on her terms. I think it's Derick who wants to talk but he seems more empathetic towards Jill than Jeremy does with Jinger.

12 minutes ago, cami said:

And prison may even be preferable to living with JB..

I think of how angry all of the siblings like JD, Joe, etc. likely are (I rewatched the episode where they spoke out about Josh's infidelity) and he might just want to stay put in jail.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 14

8 hours ago, llucie said:

It wasnt a joke at all. Since he was "saved by God", and the word of a pastor on his repentance got him pardoned i  wouldnt be surprised if he is considered a great example for Josh...

A prison gates are the most holy in the world. They find god on the way in and leave him on the way out... 

8 hours ago, Unicorn28 said:

Pa Keller would be a good person for third party because of his ministry and he could come to Arkansas and stay in one of JB empty houses with Josh. He would be close to Anna to talk with her and he would be honest with Josh about prison life and wouldn't let him break any rules. 

The thing I wonder about is what consequences is there on the third party person if they allow Josh to break the rules? Will they face prison time? 

I think you are giving that ding bat Pa Keller to much credit.... 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

An older couple in their circle whose kids are gone and who never use the internet anyway.  Boob will find them and compensate them for their trouble.  Josh is still his number 1, I'm sure. 

Since its been so long, I looked up the 17 Kids and Counting JoshNAnna engagement episode.  Boob's gushing about Josh starts at about 1:45.  Gag me.

Reveal hidden contents

Everything about this (and Josh) is visual ipecac.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Has anyone else seen Derick's tweets?
Below:

Reveal hidden contents

derick.JPG.cf5a303df704f7f4466e8d7a1adb30b5.JPG

I know we can't armchair diagnose but can we agree that JB operates like a sociopath? So many dark triad traits.  Based on what Derick said, I can't help but wonder who might be trying to leave. I'd guess Josiah/Lauren. I don't think Jessa/Ben are very happy but seem stuck. This may be what will awaken some of them to the fact that JB/Michelle are toxic and gradually realize that fundamentalism is too. At minimum, they have to question Michelle Duggar's Mother of the Year Character Teaching given Josh... It's destroyed her legacy.

Whoa! These don’t hold back. Go Derick. Totally pouring gasoline into a fire. What prompted these tweets? 

• Upvote 9

Whew...I'm caught up, at least for the next 2 seconds.

I think JB might hire some unemployed bruiser to be Josh's companion until trial (assuming, of course, that he gets out on bail).  Bruiser would be very paid well, instructed to take exactly zero crap, and provide a daily summary of activities.

Anna, while I'm sure traumatized, can now wait awhile and see what happens to Josh and for how long.  She'll eventually have to make some sort of decision though, even if it's a non-decision that decides.  I wonder if it has occurred to her that she's not getting any younger and that Josh's interests may never get any older.  Also, how concerned is she about the safety of her children, nieces, and nephews?  My guess is she's going to stay within the corral for the time being while JB provides enough financial and emotional support to maintain damage control.

• Upvote 7

John shader could take a break from converting Christians to Christianity to fly back live with Josh. Being trapped with John would be a special sort of hell. 

I am just joking, John is way too unstable to be trusted with a task so important. He would wander off trying to build a Bible display case and let Josh run amuck. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 30

12 minutes ago, Freejin said:

Whoa! These don’t hold back. Go Derick. Totally pouring gasoline into a fire. What prompted these tweets? 

Derek didn't tweet that.  That's the posters comment under the spoiled tweet.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Derek didn't tweet that.  That's the posters comment under the spoiled tweet.

Sorry. I don’t have Twitter. What does that mean? It looked like they were dericks words. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

WOACB says she’s going live with a source in an hour on what Josh had told people about the case.

That is not a reliable source and you should pay it no mind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Bruiser would be very paid well, instructed to take exactly zero crap, and provide a daily summary of activities.

These people are well off compared to most, but they don't have unlimited money and what they have a lot of it is tied up in property.

JB can't afford to pay someone well to live with Josh - that's 24/7 payroll until July.  He'll make one of his kids do it...make 'em yourselves and save the difference.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John shader could take a break from converting Christians to Christianity to fly back live with Josh. Being trapped with John would be a special sort of hell. 

I am just joking, John is way too unstable to be trusted with a task so important. He would wander off trying to build a Bible display case and let Josh run amuck. 

That thought is very therapeutic. I hope it was therapeutic for you to write it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Freejin said:

Sorry. I don’t have Twitter. What does that mean? It looked like they were dericks words. 

You were replying to her comment, she had the actual sweet under the spoiler.

• Upvote 1

So question for the psychologists in here, where exactly does Michelle and JB’s culpability start and end here? Like, obviously it’s their bad for creating the opportunities to offend and keep offending. But to what extent is this their fault that he is a pedophile in the first place? Is that something that can be created or was he just born this way? I’m kind of under the impression it’s a born trait that you can’t be cured of, but I’m not well versed on the subject. Basically were Michelle and JB just incredibly unlucky that their first born happened to be a pedophile??

• Upvote 15

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic