IGNORED

United States Senate 2

GreyhoundFan

I’m just petty enough to giggle at this, since I despise Tuberville. 

• Haha 6

Frankly, I’m pleasantly surprised Mitch didn’t block this:

image.png.b09b89f1ba25f1fbfb41ec0650181ce8.png

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Mitch would do something about Tuberville.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Finally. 

This is actually not good. He’s going to run for president under the “no labels” banner. That’s a group funded by major republican donors who are seeking to weaken Biden. The Lincoln Project has been speaking out against no labels for a while. 

I believe several of Clarence Thomas’ benefactors are behind no labels. 

• Thank You 9

If he runs, he may draw more votes away from Trump than he does from Biden. Jill Stein is running in the Green Party, and I’m more worried about her siphoning Biden votes. It’s a shitshow… 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

The other thing about Manchin, who is no great shakes, giving up his senate seat, it means the seat will be guaranteed to flip to R. The current WV governor, Jim Justice, who is a piece of work, is planning to run and will likely win. He makes Moscow Mitch look like a flaming liberal. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Tuberville is a flaming asshole.

image.png.378fea889106c4723b902218f2ae41ff.png

• Upvote 7

Senator Mullin of Oklahoma (R-OK-Asshole) tried to challenge Teamsters President Sean O'Brien to a fight in a hearing while Bernie Sanders told him to sit the hell down.

A congressional hearing devolved into an angry confrontation between a senator and a witness on Tuesday after Republican Sen. Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma challenged Sean O’Brien, the president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, to “stand your butt up” and settle longstanding differences right there in the room.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, the chairman of the Senate panel that was holding the hearing, yelled at Mullin to sit down after he challenged O’Brien to a fight. Mullin had stood up from his seat at the dais and appeared to start taking his ring off.

“This is the time, this is the place,” Mullin told O’Brien after reading a series of critical tweets O’Brien had sent about him in the past. “If you want to run your mouth, we can be two consenting adults. We can finish it here.”

The two men never came face to face in the hearing room. But they hurled insults at each other for around six minutes as Sanders repeatedly banged his gavel and tried to cut them off. Sanders, a longtime union ally, pleaded with them to focus on the economic issues that were the focus of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing, which Sanders was holding to review how unions help working families.

I hope this fool Mullin realizes that he might've been taken up on that challenge in previous years and it probably wouldn't have turned out the way he wanted. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Senator Mullin of Oklahoma (R-OK-Asshole) tried to challenge Teamsters President Sean O'Brien to a fight in a hearing while Bernie Sanders told him to sit the hell down.

I hope this fool Mullin realizes that he might've been taken up on that challenge in previous years and it probably wouldn't have turned out the way he wanted. 

Fool is too nice a name for him.

Apparently Marky doesn't like being reminded he's short.

image.png.c14bd97522f6d45ea46157e4b9b279d6.png

image.png.d26832107b82c53a8cc46d797e4193d3.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

If he runs, he may draw more votes away from Trump than he does from Biden. Jill Stein is running in the Green Party, and I’m more worried about her siphoning Biden votes. It’s a shitshow… 

I voted for Jill Stein in 2020, not realizing she wasn't an actual environmental candidate.  Won't make that mistake again.

Fortunately I don't live in a swing state so I didn't risk (and wouldn't have risked, had I lived in a swing state) my vote helping the R candidate.  

• Upvote 3

I see that the Senate is still trying to get around Tommy Tuberville's nuttery.  There's a school of thought that this isn't just about abortion.  It could be that Tuberville is trying to leave those military seats open so that, when Trump returns, he can fill them will rightwingers.  I wouldn't be surprised.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I see that the Senate is still trying to get around Tommy Tuberville's nuttery.  There's a school of thought that this isn't just about abortion.  It could be that Tuberville is trying to leave those military seats open so that, when Trump returns, he can fill them will rightwingers.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Tuberville is also in Putin’s pocket, so he is happy to weaken the U.S. in any way possible.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I’m so damned sick of him. I resent that my taxpayer dollars go in his pocket.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

More fallout from Mullin’s tantrum:

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More fallout from Mullin’s tantrum:

Although this made me laugh, and I absolutely enjoy a bully being taken down, with Mullin being an (ex?) MMA fighter, and roid rage being a real thing, O’Brien might be playing with fire here. Especially with Mullin implicitly threatening to shoot him. I’m not saying O’Brien should just let Mullin say and do whatever he pleases, but he should watch his back from now on, because it wouldn’t surprise me if Mullin did decide to use violence.

• I Agree 4

In that fight, I’d back the Boston teamster. Although I fully admit to some home state bias there…

Mullins seems to be of the “all hat - no cattle” type of bully. Although I guess you can’t tell any more since they’ve all gone crazy. 

• Upvote 3

A racist and misogynist U.S. senator who is jealous because his IQ is likely well below 75.

• Upvote 4

Tuberville is such an ass.  He’s bemoaning that the military is weak while he’s been moving to weaken it repeatedly.

• Upvote 7

Rand Paul saved Joni Ernst from choking during a GQP senate luncheon. Of course Joni has an ugly thing to say:

image.thumb.png.d903ec8541939b015cef90c3ce9c8cfa.png

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 9

Senator Fetterman made me laugh:

image.png.12c22cadac566b07e8a0f92dfaad304d.png

• Haha 8

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) announced Tuesday that he would lift his blanket hold on military promotions, ending a nearly 10-month standoff over a Biden administration abortion policy that made the former football coach the target of bipartisan ire.

“It’s been a long fight, we fought hard,” Tuberville said after announcing his decision to his colleagues at a closed-door lunch. “We just released them.”

The hold, which Tuberville began in February, applied to all senior military promotions, and hundreds of officers were caught up in its net. As officers increasingly complained of the toll on military readiness and morale and a war raged in the Middle East, Tuberville faced increasing pressure from his fellow Republicans to drop the hold.

He has now narrowed his hold to the 10 or so promotions at the four-star rank. Tuberville said he relinquished the hold because he wanted to keep Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) from bringing up a vote to get around his maneuver. He did not receive any concessions he previously demanded, such as a change to the military funding bill to address the abortion policy.

“We got all we could get,” he told reporters.

The affable former football coach was left with few options after Schumer put forward a proposal that would allow the Senate to go around Tuberville’s holds, which had the Republican votes necessary to pass.

Tuberville’s hold led to a remarkably public confrontation with some of his GOP colleagues, who staged a late-night attempt to promote the officers he had blocked, forcing Tuberville to personally object to each one. Republican Sens. Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Todd C. Young (Ind.) and Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), all veterans, implored Tuberville on the Senate floor to lift his hold for the sake of national security.

https://apple.news/AL61Wr39UQhqbdR4A7VLOxQ

Maybe his fall down the airplane steps knocked something loose in his brain! I mean, I’ll believe it when it actually happens, but hey! 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
Linking more comprehensive article
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2