IGNORED

United States Senate 2

GreyhoundFan

Good grief.

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2

So if TFG breaks the law, we'll just repeal the law. Good grief.

Some replies:

image.png.050048b731c7e9fefdee97bb9e17b6c5.png

More under spoiler:

Spoiler

image.png.493621794258ef81cf4a09ff77f44b79.png

image.png.0fd775a99da9f0d04dae395c404f462c.png

image.png.f8a91caa302286fbc408ef2042bbf3b5.png

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

I despise when repugs take credit for bills they voted against, but are popular with many people:

image.png.9b60163272836fc5be46ca902f501aa0.png

• I Agree 7

God she is such a fornicating idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6

Scott is a nasty piece of work:

image.png.dcf65536ddc7bbdb304a03a0768b9f3f.png

image.png.e9802190bce58e17f2dfe6bfba8e2b4d.png

Full text of letter under spoiler:

Spoiler

Dear American Job Seeker:
I’ve always believed that a job is the very best thing for a family, providing the independence and opportunity every American needs to live their dreams in our great nation. Sadly, the big-government policies of the Biden administration have caused the labor participation rate in our country to drop to historic lows, so the willingness of folks like you to get to work and earn a living for yourself and your family is admirable. With that said, I write to you today to offer a few things for you to consider as you continue your job search.
As you may have heard, Democrats in Congress recently passed a bill, soon to be signed into law by President Joe Biden, which provides $80 BILLION in additional taxpayer money and drastically grows the workforce of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by adding roughly 87,000 new agents. This massive expansion of the IRS will make it larger than Pentagon, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Customs and Border Protection and the State Department combined.
While some may find the idea of working for the federal government appealing, I’d urge you to please consider the following factors before submitting your application to the IRS:
1. These new positions at the IRS will not offer you the long-term job stability you may expect from a position with the federal government. Put another way: this will be a short-term gig. Republicans will take over the House and Senate in January, and I can promise you that we will immediately do everything in our power to defund this insane and unwarranted expansion of government into the lives of the American people.
2. It is important to understand that in the initial IRS job posting for these positions, which the agency has now taken down, the IRS made it very clear that one of the “major duties” of these new positions is to “be willing to use deadly force.” We aren’t talking about joining your local police force, or even the U.S. military – this is the federal agency charged with collecting taxes. The IRS is
making it very clear that you not only need to be ready to audit and investigate your fellow hardworking Americans, your neighbors and friends, you need to be ready and, to use the IRS’s words, willing, to kill them.

The Democrats’ plans to defund the actual police and create an IRS super-police force will not be tolerated by the American people. When Republicans retake the majority, we will immediately begin our important work on behalf of the American people to stop this and the rest of President Biden’s failed agenda. In addition to ending the reckless government spending fueling his historic inflation crisis, you can be sure that Republicans’ focus will be on cutting your taxes, not sending nearly 90,000 more IRS agents to audit and investigate working-class families and small businesses to pull even more of their hard-earned money out of their pockets.
Again, I applaud your continued participation in the American labor force and wish you the very best in your search for a great job that serves a purpose beyond being a henchman of President Biden and Congressional Democrats.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 6

Poor Rand, he's so persecuted. Hey, here's a thought, maybe he should stop running for political office. We'd be happy to forget about him.

Violence is never the right answer, but the fact that he helps fan the flames makes it ironic when he goes on Faux to whine.

• Upvote 7

Marsha must really be in to punishment if she keeps posting dumb shit like this to Twitter

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I love Liz. I still wish she was president.

• Upvote 7

What a great description of Lindsey:

• Upvote 4

Lindsey is a real piece of work.

• Upvote 5

Tom Cotton has his panties in a wad because a Democrat (and Alaska Native) beat Sarah Palin in the special election. I bet he's going to try and introduce bills to abolish ranked choice voting, even though the federal government really doesn't have a say in it.

image.png.a26e3db75b6ebe9580b51c7a3b91b7f0.png

image.png.9b63f7c51bdb359c489543b36ae93f7c.png

Gerrymandering "rigs" elections. Ranked choice voting doesn't.

• Upvote 7

We should all realize by now that for anything a Republican says the complete opposite is true.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Tom Cotton has his panties in a wad because a Democrat (and Alaska Native) beat Sarah Palin in the special election. I bet he's going to try and introduce bills to abolish ranked choice voting, even though the federal government really doesn't have a say in it.

Really? 60% voted for a Republican but a Democrat won? Please do tell us more about how unbalanced it is when the popular vote winner loses, like in the electoral college..

• Upvote 7

It's sad that this loser is a sitting US senator. Hopefully he'll lose his bid for re-election in two months.

image.png.cfe1fb2cfe5540aa4ab6745761a3d273.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

• 1 month later...

I love this characterization of Cotton. 

• Haha 8

And you have an update to the above, the judge was a Republican. Oh and this is a violation of Missouri sunshine law.

• Upvote 6

On 11/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

The Cheese Puff (former) President would never use the ‘spend more time with his family’ excuse. Everyone knows they all hate each other and would get all Shakespearean tragedy on each other given half the chance. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

they all hate each other and would get all Shakespearean tragedy on each other given half the chance. 

Shakespearean characters, or Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane - the film will be called The Pomeranian in Winter.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/2/2022 at 12:27 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

"Disenfranchises voters". Ranked choice does not disenfranchise voters. Not like the way the stunts pulled to try and make sure people who might vote against you can't actually vote does.

Also calling bullshit on the 60% figure. If 60% of Alaskans had put Palin as their first choice she would have won, preferential voting or not. That she didn't makes me think that maybe 60% voters put a number next to Palin, but for an awful lot it obviously wasn't #1 or #2 even. Honestly so much of my adult life has involved the phrase "two party preferred voting" in an attempt to work out which of the top two candidates will win a seat that I'm pretty confident that more people put the Democrat at #1, and even more had her at #2 or possibly #3. The advantage of preferential voting is that you have to appeal on some levels to a broader group so it effectively rewards moderates and makes it harder for fringe candidates to win. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

"Disenfranchises voters". Ranked choice does not disenfranchise voters. Not like the way the stunts pulled to try and make sure people who might vote against you can't actually vote does.

Also calling bullshit on the 60% figure. If 60% of Alaskans had put Palin as their first choice she would have won, preferential voting or not. That she didn't makes me think that maybe 60% voters put a number next to Palin, but for an awful lot it obviously wasn't #1 or #2 even. Honestly so much of my adult life has involved the phrase "two party preferred voting" in an attempt to work out which of the top two candidates will win a seat that I'm pretty confident that more people put the Democrat at #1, and even more had her at #2 or possibly #3. The advantage of preferential voting is that you have to appeal on some levels to a broader group so it effectively rewards moderates and makes it harder for fringe candidates to win. 

We're still waiting on the results from the General Election. 

Sarah Palin/Kelly Tshbaka/Tom Cotton/Whoever Else is really confused TBH. When the people driven ballot measure was passed, by the people, to change to the ranked choice system, it did three things: one, it set requirements for the reporting of "dark money" (more on this later.) two, it removed the partisan primary, and three, it set up a "top four" ranked choice. 

The Republicans chose to sue to overturn the "dark money" part of the initiative, but left the "blanket primary," while also going after "ranked choice."  If the Republicans want to be mad, they should be mad at their party, for supporting both candidates. In the Special Election, four people moved on:  An Independent who ran before and polled decently, Sarah Palin, Nick Begich, and Mary Peltola. The Independent dropped out, and told us to chose either Mary Peltola, or Tara Sweeny (Also Alaska Native, IIRC), the Republican who came in 5th place. The Division of Election did not move Tara to the ballot, so voters were left with three choices. 

Sarah Palin could have dropped out and endorsed Nick Begich, if she really wanted a Republican.  Nick Begich could have dropped out and endorsed Sarah Palin. Instead, they made fun of each other, had low blows, lots of not very Alaskan behavior. 

Most Alaskans are Independent, but more end up voting for Republicans for reasons. If the Republicans wanted to win, they would have worked with in the system we have, and either convinced the people why they should only "rank the red" or pull one of the candidates off the ballot. 

In this round, I believe the fourth candidate was Tara Sweeny again, but she pulled out and the Liberation Candidate advanced. I believe the final tally, after they eliminate the L and Nick Begich will be announced on the 23rd. 

(Other factors in this race: Almost everyone else in Nick Begich's family other than his father is a Democrat, so people might have confused him with another candidate, and other than really hard core Q/Trump people, no one really like Sarah Palin. I was at a Republican event a few days/weeks ago and her reception was pretty lackluster. Like people like her brother more than her and wonder how they are related) 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

39 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Most Alaskans are Independent, but more end up voting for Republicans for reasons. If the Republicans wanted to win, they would have worked with in the system we have, and either convinced the people why they should only "rank the red" or pull one of the candidates off the ballot. 

So they managed to split the vote in a ranked system? Agree they need to work within the system they have (and honestly just make it number all the boxes in order of preference - takes longer to count but only need one election!) 

• Upvote 2