IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

Someone's been peeing in John's Cheerios again.  He's posted a couple of things about people pretending to be saved but they're not really saved according to John's guidelines.  I guess people are wondering how he manages to continue his ministry when he isn't converting anyone and I suppose he's gotten some emails or messages about it.  

Here's the long one if anyone wants to read it:

Spoiler

Just to be clear, lest there be any misunderstanding...

Our Family, Missionary Ministry and Sending Church have taken a clear stand against those that carelessly seek quick professions of faith, claiming many "saved" without seeing the "fruits meet for Repentance," the "fruit of the Righteous," or "the Fruit of the Spirit," (those are all Bible quotes) evidencing Biblical Conversion as outlined in I John and throughout the New Testament.

I thank the Lord that my father (and Pastor) Rick-Jodi Shrader saw this error many many years ago, and my own careful study of the clear distinctions of the Gospel Jesus preached to the lost as recorded in the Bible has only CEMENTED my CONVICTION about a CAREFUL and BIBLICAL Gospel, as contrasted to the "1-2-3, pray with me, 4-5-6, hope it sticks, 7-8-9, let's try another time" approach by many today (I add, 10-11-12, two-fold more the child of hell").

Being here in Africa, seeing just how easy it is to get someone to pray a prayer of salvation, even when seeking to be careful with souls, only drove me deeper into the Word to make sure I was preaching what Jesus, the Apostles and the Prophets preached about Salvation being only though the Righteousness of God found only in The Lord Jesus Christ, from Job, to Isaiah, to the New Testament, but that it is not merely just a head acceptance, and there is a cost! Jesus literally told the lost to "count the cost" - Luke 14:28 (read the whole chapter and see who Jesus was preaching to!).

Like Finney popularized, an astounding number today seem to focus on Decisionism based on Emotionalism, and call that "Evangelism", but using Acts 2:42 as an outline among other passages, and noting that the Beloved Apostle John, under Inspiration, gave us I John 2:19 as a benchmark:

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

Many today, whether Missionary or Pastor, seem almost completely unconcerned when their "converts" fall away, fail to continue, or even go back to their sin or false doctrine... permanently, with no chastening by God (see Hebrews 12:5-13), or conviction at all.

It used to shock me, then sicken me, now... having seen so much, not only during my more than a Decade of Pastoring in America, but now as a Called and Local-Church only Sent Missionary of more than 10 years (8.5 full time on the field here in Africa), now, it just deeply saddens me.

At our church plant here in Kafue, and also at an attempted church plant in Mutaneka Village, we have also seen such things as false professions (probably mostly due to me being a White American, sad to say), but we take them VERY seriously, call the wayward to Biblical Repentance and Restoration, and if that is Rejected, then they are Removed from Church Membership, following carefully the Command of Christ and the Clarifications given by Inspiration in Corinthians (I Cor. 5).

We are not playing a game here. We take the weight of Responsibility in Representing those that partner with us very seriously. "Repentance towards God and Faith towards our Lord Jesus Christ" is so important that we have been slandered, falsely accused, and lost "friends" (even some I thought were by closest friends in the world), and also support over preaching EXACTLY what Jesus and the Apostles and Prophets preached, DIRECTLY from the Bible.

I just want to be extremely clear.

No relationship, friendship, support or anything is worth more than the Plain and Precious Words of The Living God.

If you have any questions at any time, you are welcome to contact me through Messenger, my email (if you don't know it, message me and I'll send it) or if in the States, you can text me or leave a Voice mail at: 281-930-5676

You can also Whatsapp me at +260969508272

For Christ's Increase,

Bro. John Shrader

Biblical Baptist Local Church Sent Missionary

Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

And here's the latest one:

Spoiler

172628193_Screenshot(12430).png.ccd6401331278fb27db43810975545fb.png

I guess he could rationalize staying in Zambia forever if he has to have super-special rules for making sure no one is just pretending to be saved.  They have to mean it!  

Once again I just pause to consider how batcrap crazy John really is.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Me thinks he has had his white missionary biblical whatever bottom severely slapped by a few contributors in America. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 12/29/2022 at 5:59 PM, Xan said:

A "Rick" responded to the post with thanks.  I looked him up and he seems to have been a missionary in Romania until some time in the spring of 2021.  He's been located at different places in the US and is currently in Texas. 

Not wishing ill on  all the lovely Texans here, but you think you could just keep this guy? Or send him somewhere he and his ilk are less damaging and would just be laughed at? Romania is one of the last places in Europe people like this need to run "missions" to. First, it is quite religious enough, they've certainly all heard of Jesus, and they have better music - there is literally nothing these types can offer; second, the Romanians have suffered enough from the homegrown forced-birthers, and the money, resources and influence of US style forced birthers is the last thing they need. I guess for these people, the Ceaucescu orphanages are a dream come true.

I know, you all have enough to deal with, without another overly confident, ill-informed wanker running around; maybe he could join Jodi whatisname in Glasgow or  somewhere. Or Ireland - they have a very low tolerance for this sort of shit. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I’ve not looked in on Jody Hodnett for a long time however seeing his name mentioned reminded me. I hopped off and found him. The family are in the US now. Staying there to beg (my word) for money for 6 months and to check in on his mother who is now in a home. They are due back in Scotland in February. They are hoping to start two new ‘churches’ or whatnot. One in Thornhill in Dumfries ( my cousin and his family lived there for years)! On the borders. Also one in Castle Douglas. Jody has chosen places away from large Scottish cities. Small places. Hmmmm easy soul winning, good local food?  The money from home must have dried up due to Covid. I’m guessing the easy life the Hodnetts were living suddenly became harder.  He was Driving whilst talking to a Pastor somebody who made a joke about crashing. Jody pulled up. Jody lurves America but can’t wait to be back in Scotland. He named three folk of the Eight who were attending his services before he left for the US on deputation and asked Pastor somebody (can’t remember his name) to pray for them. Hope they don’t mind being called out on his video.  Two young men who drive X ( the sound was a bit iffy) miles each Sunday to preach in his absence. He didn’t name them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody really needs to tell him how distracting his stupid highlights are! Poor Ruth. I hope she sees through him quickly. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Agree on the highlighting. I don’t suppose we could bribe one of the kids to disable the highlighting tool in John’s software. Is there some rhyme or reasons to blue vs. yellow highlights, or is the color choice random? 

That “Satanic attack” sounds more like a medical emergency. Didn’t anyone consider taking Ruth to a doctor? 

His enthusiasm for a radio station has lasted longer than most of his brilliant ideas. In the unlikely event this dream materializes, how does he propose to fill a full schedule of programming? I was going to ask how he proposes to pay for it, but the answer to that is self-evident - he’ll find a suitable sucker donor. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:57 PM, Xan said:

He's posted a couple of things about people pretending to be saved but they're not really saved according to John's guidelines.

And this is why John and Jill Rodrigues would be such a fascinating match-up. I would love to see those two go toe to toe in a church ring. If someone doesn't frown when handed a tract, Jill counts that as a win. 3 minutes in a laundromat reciting the sinner's prayer and cha-ching the tally gets marked on her salvation score-board.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Another update from John

The Pastor of one of our Supporting Churches contacted me today.

The message he sent really touched me, and I thought back to when I was a pastor for over 10 years in the US. This would have been a great way to keep our missionaries before the people and challenge them to truly pray.

What great ideas, and blessed us immensely!

"Greetings my brother! I just wanted to let you know that you are one of our "Missionaries of the Week!" Tonight everyone in our Mid-week service will receive your latest prayer letter, we will read it publicly, then pray over it and then challenge our folks to pray for you, your family and your ministry every day for the next week. We sure do love and appreciate you all and all that you do for our Lord."

To recap, they:

(1) Hand out copies of the Missionary Prayer Letter to those that come to the Mid-Week Service

(2) Read the Praise & Prayer Letter publicly

(3) Pray over the Prayer Requests in the Letter

(4) Challenge the church folks to pray for the Missionary, his Family and their Ministry "EVERY DAY for the next WEEK!"

To top it all off, the Senior Pastor himself directly reached out and contacted me to let us know this, and personally encouraged us. It's honestly easier in our day and age than ever before, with instant messaging, texting and/or email! It is ALWAYS a blessing to hear from the Pastor, and we have several regularly contact us! One even sends us birthday greetings to each member of our family, using my Stateside SMS service. You can actually send me a regular text to: 281-930-5676 and it will forward your sms or voice-mail to me here in Zambia!

Anyways...

Wow.

Just...

Wow.

Blessed by such Care-filled Prayerful encouragement...

Bro. John for Esther, the Kiddos & The Team

Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

Some thoughts. 

The pastor sent a 4 sentence note to John: A greeting. A heads up. The content. A thank you. 

John had to recap this e-mail with 4 points himself. I think he thinks that if he's not saying it, it doesn't get understood. He just loves the sound of his own voice. Or his own words as it were. 

Secondly, it occured to me, the supporting churches don't get any benefit for supporing a missionary. No return on investmeny. What's the point? Other than thinking it gets them heaven points for supporting someone who is theoretically creating more Christians. And we know John is not a success in that area. So why continue to support him? I don't get it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 1/25/2023 at 9:56 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

Secondly, it occured to me, the supporting churches don't get any benefit for supporing a missionary. No return on investmeny. What's the point? Other than thinking it gets them heaven points for supporting someone who is theoretically creating more Christians. And we know John is not a success in that area. So why continue to support him? I don't get it. 

Colonialistic performative christianity. They get to feel good in fulfilling "The Great Commission*" while not having to leave their creature comforts. 

*There's a verse in the christian bible where Jesus tells his followers to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 6:28 PM, Zebedee said:

Not wishing ill on  all the lovely Texans here, but you think you could just keep this guy?

No, we have plenty  of wing nut preachers and politicians! But seriously, nobody could put up with John anywhere stateside. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:56 AM, NoneIsEnough said:

The pastor sent a 4 sentence note to John: A greeting. A heads up. The content. A thank you. 

My first thought was to wonder if that "sending pastor" was John's dad giving him something he could use to drum up more support.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Xan said:

My first thought was to wonder if that "sending pastor" was John's dad giving him something he could use to drum up more support.  

Lol, he didn't name the pastor so that's very possible! Wouldn't surprise me. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

John has been posting again.  He's still out there bothering the Zambians and now has a radio broadcast.  He bemoans the fact that he got so little response but then, through the magic of God, people kept turning up who said they had heard his sermon and were interested in learning more.  

I picked out this bit from one of his posts:

Then, as I went about my day, having to go to the Capitol, I received a call from ANOTHER gentleman that had heard the Mon. pm Broadcast, and we made an appointment for the next day! HALLELUJAH!!! I met with Mr. Banda today for two hours, long enough for him to see that he was trusting in works to save him, and that the Word of God makes it ABUNDANTLY clear that this is unacceptable to the Living God of Heaven.

Says who, John?  Do you get to decide that works don't count at all and only your own interpretation will get people into Heaven?  I know you cherry pick the Bible passages to support this but it's nonsense.  

John thinks it's okay to yammer at people for hours to get them to agree that his way is the only way.  It's a waste of his time and a monumental waste of time for the poor souls who have to endure him.  I'm fairly sure that Mr. Banda probably agreed to whatever John said just to get him to shut up.  John daily looks more and more as if he's just a waste of perfectly good oxygen.

Recent posts.

Spoiler

1075071096_Screenshot(12541).png.9ad1632a63cc4bce35ad7da3db5ada0c.png1138596144_Screenshot(12540).png.9df8e07a92ba75819d06dbe25946ec8b.png1922326696_Screenshot(12539).png.5d5917d576fae6b63cb5c994d13dc7e3.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5

The end bit makes me wonder if he is getting more pointed questions from the people donating to him. Maybe they’re asking why after all these years there is no bustling and growing church that John is ministering to.
I would love to know if his donations have dried up and that’s why he mentions mostly unnamed people contacting him as proof that he’s doing a good job.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

The end bit makes me wonder if he is getting more pointed questions from the people donating to him. Maybe they’re asking why after all these years there is no bustling and growing church that John is ministering to.
I would love to know if his donations have dried up and that’s why he mentions mostly unnamed people contacting him as proof that he’s doing a good job.

I agree.  I think that was the reason he was so desperate to have a radio broadcast.  He needs to prove to the folks back home that he's doing something.

To me, it appears that John is preaching to the same flock over and over.  Sometimes he has a larger congregation but I bet that has more to do with the weather and lack of other entertainment than with John's preaching.  He keeps having long, long conversations with individuals but we don't know if they stay "saved".  In Zambia, he can feel more prosperous and important.  If he has to come back to the US, he's going to continue to be the same failure he always was.  Also, I get the feeling that Daddy Rick needs for John to be on another continent.  He can't deal with John close-up.

This was the line that interested me:  "God most assuredly called us here, and He has kept us here, despite incredible trials including physical, spiritual, emotional and unexpected betrayal, from where least expected."  I wonder who unexpectedly "betrayed" him?  Have we heard anything recently about the older couple who planned to join John there this spring?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Xan said:

Have we heard anything recently about the older couple who planned to join John there this spring?

They re-posted his prayer letter on 25th Jan and talked about shipping their stuff to Kifue, so looks like they're still on track to go over. They're currently doing deputation in Katy I think.

• Thank You 5

John posted this recently.  

Spoiler

735358504_Screenshot(12668).png.787e4331d98909518f9fee107d53d89f.png

It's the same stuff he posts frequently so I wouldn't think much of it but he did get a comment a couple of days ago and I failed to get a screenshot of it.  The man commenting said that it was unfair to call it compromise.  He said, very respectfully,  that sometimes you go back and study and decide that you need to change your mind about some of your beliefs.  John would have none of that.  He deleted it but left up the number of comments.

There's a pic of Esther and the new baby on her page.  

Spoiler

1806295617_Screenshot(12670).png.909aa0bb7a743e191b2cdf08e017e5a7.png

• Thank You 7

The newest kid is pretty cute. Too bad about his father...

From Sunday 19 Feb 2023:

"A Blessed Lord's Day from The Shrader Family in Zambia

About 20 years ago I made this suit jacket for our first-born, Enoch, with my amazing wife's help. All 9 of our sons have worn it.

My sweet wife Esther suggested we take a few pics with our 4 month old Daniel, wearing that same little jacket, after the Main Service today.

We had a wonderful group of people there today, not sure of the total, but many visitors, returning visitors... even 6 moms of our "bus kids" that the ladies visited and we were praying they would come, PTL!

There were 40 in the men's Bible study, more than that in the ladies, plus so many kids, it was such a blessing to see so many there.

The Lord really helped with the teaching and preaching, now praying He will do the work in hearts by His Spirit.

Thank you for praying for us, as we seek to simply be faithful where God has called us to Serve Him.

Bro. John for TeamZambia-TCBC (Scripturally and Solely Sent out of Tri-County Baptist, Katy, TX)"

1374481618_20220219.jpg.9ace27629b1b570d3976f00f857c28db.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

As someone who sews I SEVERELY want to know the literal meaning of "I made this suit jacket...with my wife's help." Did he buy the fabric and the pattern himself? Did he pre-wash the fabric and then press it himself? Did he lay out the pattern (after possibly needing to iron the pattern as well) and cut out the fabric himself? Did he press each seam after he sewed it? Did he use the proper interfacing or stabilizer or anything else? I have so many questions!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

49 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

As someone who sews I SEVERELY want to know the literal meaning of "I made this suit jacket...with my wife's help." Did he buy the fabric and the pattern himself? Did he pre-wash the fabric and then press it himself? Did he lay out the pattern (after possibly needing to iron the pattern as well) and cut out the fabric himself? Did he press each seam after he sewed it? Did he use the proper interfacing or stabilizer or anything else? I have so many questions!

It looks as if they bought a boy's jacket and sized it down.  Look how big the lapels are.  And the shoulder seams are down on his upper arms.  My guess is they found a discounted size 2 or so jacket and John said he'd cut it down to fit the newest baby.  He cut off the bottom of the jacket and the bottom of the sleeves.  I feel sure that Esther was the one who had to finish off the edges and tidy it up.  No way John "made this suit jacket".  

And they've got dress shoes on a 4 month old.  I just don't understand fundies and their need to dress the children (particularly the little boys) in uncomfortable outfits for church.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Xan said:

It looks as if they bought a boy's jacket and sized it down.  Look how big the lapels are.  And the shoulder seams are down on his upper arms.  My guess is they found a discounted size 2 or so jacket and John said he'd cut it down to fit the newest baby.  He cut off the bottom of the jacket and the bottom of the sleeves.  I feel sure that Esther was the one who had to finish off the edges and tidy it up.  No way John "made this suit jacket".  

And they've got dress shoes on a 4 month old.  I just don't understand fundies and their need to dress the children (particularly the little boys) in uncomfortable outfits for church.

I noted the awful fit as well. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if what you suggested is exactly how it happened.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

John is being persecuted again...but he's not complaining! Nope. Definitely not. 

Nothing Is Worth Compromising Bible Truth.

Nothing.

And no one.

It's most times very hard, sacrifices will be required, you will be misunderstood, accused, even despised and rejected.

It will hurt.

You will suffer loss.

Even possibly by and from those you once literally called your "best friends" in this world.

"The brethren".

I've watched men (and women too) I once loved and respected, that told me they believed the same Truth I do, as found exactly and directly in God's Word, change their formerly stated beliefs and convictions, and then turn on and against me for standing where we once stood together!

Today some of them even call me a preacher of false doctrine, a liar or a hypocrite, and at least one of them that I know of is STILL actively working to negatively affect our testimony, and persuade others to stop supporting our ministry, having first started doing so over 8 years ago. They are even succeeding, most recently just a few weeks ago a church dropped us after supporting us for around a decade. The pastor even told my dad, "I've never dropped a missionary that was still on the field." Well, as they say, "there's a first time for everything." We were the first.

I'm not complaining, whining, griping, or regretting the losses of former "friends", or support, or anything...for standing where I've always stood, upon the Pure, Preserved Words of The Living God of Heaven. The same happened to Christ, the Apostles, and men of God through the centuries before us.

God knows my heart.

I bear no malice, bitterness, anger, or resentment towards those individuals, whether they be American or African. Only deep sadness. I remember the times we used to fellowship, visit and laugh with each other, to minister together, and to speak of Biblical Truth together, but now...

I'm just simply observing, and also deeply desiring to offer any possible encouragement to anyone else possibly passing through similar challenges or trials, that nothing and no one is worth compromising Bible Truth.

In the short term, it may be very tempting. The "payoff" may look really good. More friends, more accolades, more "results," and less loss, less conflict, less stress and pain...

But one day...

One day this temporal life will end.

The Giver of Truth, Truth Himself, Jesus Christ, will Judge us according to His Words (John 12:48).

I say one final time, nothing and no one is worth compromising Biblical Truth.

Selah.

If I can be of ANY encouragement to anyone that may be experiencing the "fallout" of refusing to compromise on Biblical Truth, please feel free to send me a message on fb Messenger, or Whatsapp me on my line at +260969508272, or I have an App based Stateside number that can receive sms texts, and the App will forward your text to me. That line is 281-930-5676.

Bro. John Shrader

Simply a servant standing for Scriptural Truth

Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

It looks like the Mears' are still on board to join them in the summer though.

Wade Mears

I learned a long time ago to stay with the truth of God's Word, to fellowship with those who keep to the same, and to have no fellowship...but pray for those who don't or who no longer do! God will take care of those who stray from His Word. We are to be faithful! Faithful in serving! Faithful in proclaiming the truth! God will do the rest. If I am standing for the truth when the trumpet sounds, or when I pass on to the heavenly kingdom, then all I want and need to hear are the words of my Savior, "well done, thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of thy Lord!" Then all the struggles, pain, sorrows, and loss will fade away never to come to my mind again. So, until that day comes...keep pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus! Don't falter, don't get discouraged, don't quit...just keep going! one day, one week, one month, one year at a time! You will have joy and peace knowing you did what our Savior wanted and He will be glorified! That's the whole duty of the godly man!

John Esther Shrader

I am honored that you are coming to stand with us here in Zambia. God has replaced those "friends" with men that unapologetically take an unwavering stand for that Truth.

Love you brother, can't wait for June to get here when you will arrive... and not just for a visit this time! - js

Wade Mears

Looking forward to standing with you in Zambia! May God use us to bring Him glory!

It will be interesting to see how long this new relationship lasts. 

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 8

I feel really sorry for the Mears. They will soon see for themselves just how insane John is. He may behave for a week, his mask will slip the real John will shine through, the Mears will hopefully realise sooner rather than later just how insane John is. I hope they have money carefully hidden back in the US that John can’t get his greedy mitts on. 
Popcorn time methinks. :popcorn:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

I'm not complaining, whining, griping, or regretting the losses of former "friends", or support, or anything...for standing where I've always stood, upon the Pure, Preserved Words of The Living God of Heaven.

But that's exactly what he's doing.  He's whining that a church dropped support for him.  I'm just surprised that he's got anybody except Daddy's church supporting this "White Savior" ministry.  John actually believes that there's only one Bible truth and he's one of the few people who can explain it.  Mostly I just feel sympathy for those Zambians who end up having to listen to him.

As for Mears, he's about as nutty as John.  The problem I see is that both of them have huge egos.  I doubt that Wade will be able to tolerate John for more than two or three months and John will be having 6 hour heart-to-heart conversations with Wade that will leave them both angry.  All I can say is that I'm laying in a supply of popcorn.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic