IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Read the AMA, well most of it anyway.  If true John is much worse than I thought.  Can't imagine having sex two weeks after giving birth and crying for days after being told you have to marry that POS John Shrader.  Poor Esther.

I can’t open it. Is it possible and allowed for someone to post it? 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I can’t open it. Is it possible and allowed for someone to post it? 

I could open it yesterday but today it's not coming up.  Reddit seems to be working but maybe the Duggarsnark threads are down or overloaded.

She claims Esther was the favorite too. I would want to be the least favorite in the Keller family if the favorite has to marry that dud. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

John (who I'm quite sure now is in a manic phase) posted more long Facebook items.  One is about a new supporting church.  It seems to have been helped along by that guy and his wife who are joining the Shraders this coming spring.  Another post is about John on the radio.

Nothing new about Esther.  Their 13th child is overdue and John posts about the radio, his printing equipment, more church sponsors, and prayers for some young minister who, though still in a coma, people are hoping will recover from a brain injury.  He almost never posts anything about his children.  There's precious little posted about his long-suffering wife.    

He does whine in the supporting church post about someone who was supposed to join them in Zambia but it turned out the guy "changed their professed belief in the Doctrine of Biblical Repentance."  John is a stickler for his petty rules.

And "World-Wide Missions" isn't a cause.  It's your hobby, John.  Furthermore, you've been there long enough to learn the language.  Why do you need a translator?

Spoiler

1970278267_Screenshot(11409).thumb.png.244b43f956a4153e4ae767d159ccfa32.png1254364847_Screenshot(11405).png.a090803e3833f652684023dec23ce4e1.png461793051_Screenshot(11406).png.e2aef1d33e3e658ac325e44db141307a.png900620657_Screenshot(11407).png.36846b83caf2dbee27f5c75f69740041.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

That’s quite the word salad from John. What’s frustrating is that he could be a decent writer if he worked at it. Unlike so many of his colleagues, he at least knows how to string a sentence together correctly, plus he can spell. 

Apparently they drove around Kafue haranguing the locals through a bullhorn. He theorizes that if politicians can do it, why can’t he? I feel sorry for the people of Kafue.

He speaks again about his dream of his own radio station. John, if a radio station drops in your lap, what will you do to fill the airwaves? Much as you love the sound of your own voice, you can’t preach all day, every day. You can’t force your kids to sing all day, every day either. You’ll need to line up some alternative programming. Content yourself with the couple of hours a week the local station is giving you. 

His sign-offs are getting longer and longer. He needs to rotate out those various grandiose epithets he’s anointed himself with. 

• Upvote 10

This is what the Reddit person said about John/Esther:

"He’s an extremely controlling person who proposed to his very scared wife after three days of the most intense love bombing/spiritual manipulation (three days after MEETING), controlled her, broke her spirit, got her pregnant with her second literally two weeks after giving birth to her first, and then eventually moved them all to Africa where she’s forced to keep popping out babies (13 or 14 now?) in unsafe conditions"

Considering the first 2 are 14 months apart, the bit about knocking her up 2 weeks after she gave birth is not correct. Unless she had a miscarriage after Enoch. Esther doesn't have any Irish Twins. 

However, the controlling and love bombing I believe. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

On 10/9/2022 at 2:32 PM, apandaaries said:

PSA: Reddit has an AMA with someone who knew the Kellers, including Esther. Anna is the main focus, but the poster alleges Esther cried for three days after learning she’d have to wed John.

Dang, there is a LOT of information in this AMA.  No secret that Josh was a creeper sexpest scumbag from Day 1. 

Also, confirmation that the Keller daughters' marriages were NOT love matches.  So damn depressing. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Also, confirmation that the Keller daughters' marriages were NOT love matches.  So damn depressing. 

Pretty sure the only person who’d qualify for a love match with John is John himself. 
I also wonder if ma and pa Keller consider romantic love to be a secular concept. The belief that a shared Christianity is the only requirement for marriage is pretty sad and clearly untrue. But I imagine these teen brides have basically no experience with relationships or real life, so they dutifully obey their parents. 

Edited by apandaaries
Typos!
  • Upvote 14

12 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Pretty sure the only person who’d qualify for a love match with John is John himself

Heh. And too true.

12 hours ago, apandaaries said:

But I imagine these teen brides have basically no experience with relationships or real life, so they dutifully obey their parents. 

What made me sad was thinking about their daughters who will almost certainly be trafficked off to marry someone they've met for five minutes, possibly on zoom. I know arranged marriages aren't uncommon around the world, but given who's doing the arranging here I'd say it has a better than usual chance of being a disaster.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 10/9/2022 at 8:44 PM, Howl said:

How long has J-Rod been without child? 

Janessa is 4 years and 7 months old. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I also wonder if ma and pa Keller consider romantic love to be a secular concept. The belief that a shared Christianity is the only requirement for marriage is pretty sad and clearly untrue.

One of the fundy patriarchs from the FJ past, a proponent of young marriage,  came right out and said that love was not necessary for marriage.  I'm sure that wasn't news to his wife. 

• Upvote 10

11 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Janessa is 4 years and 7 months old. 

She is  4 years and 6 months old.

I came here to see if there was any news on Esther and the baby. 

I don't the redditur, but I suspect a lot of fundie marriages are at least somewhat arranged. Even marriages where the people seem to like each other. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 10/10/2022 at 7:04 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

This is what the Reddit person said about John/Esther:

Considering the first 2 are 14 months apart, the bit about knocking her up 2 weeks after she gave birth is not correct. Unless she had a miscarriage after Enoch. Esther doesn't have any Irish Twins. 

However, the controlling and love bombing I believe. 

This is what makes me not so convinced on the AMA. I know the mods say they verify the posters, but how much can they really do that? It’s not like they can call Anna and ask if she knows this person and if they are telling accurate info. 

Do I think John is controlling? 100%. Do I think all of the information in that AMA thread is true? Not a chance. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Going by my memory of my years spent watching John, it seems that his father saw very quickly that John was going to be trouble and worked hard to find him a wife and get him a job at the church hoping that would “cure” him. I’ll have to see if I can dig up his extremely verbose courtship story he wrote for a blog he had forever ago, but it did seem like he and Esther barely knew each other. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

About the AMA, I live relatively near one of our fundies.  Someone could verify my address and that I do live near her, but not making suppositions rather than talking actual experience.  When she said she didn't read about Anna and then used thank the lort about something plus the side room consummation, I was go in peace my dear.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
Typing with a cast gives errors.
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I feel so sorry for the kids being in Zambia.  

I think it might be a better gig than living in the pop-up camper here. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

What do you think they will do about marrying off their children? Aren’t 2 of them legal adults? Would John be ok with them marrying a person of another race? Will they find other white fundies that live a few hours away from them? Or will they have to ship the adult kids back to the US to find a mate?

• Upvote 6

According to the fundie wiki, baby is here. His name is Daniel, which is interesting, since it's Esther's least fundie brother's name - the one that wanted to help Anna get out when the Ashley Madison scandal hit. 

Also, not surprised he came closer to mid-month. I really don't think they know how to count. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

Yep, John posted about Daniel’s arrival, along with pictures. 9 pounds. Not sure how that size  compares with her other applies. Not a name I would have guessed, since they don’t seem to do family names. But it’s consistent with their naming style. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I feel so sorry for the kids being in Zambia.  

Zambia is a beautiful  country. Poverty abounds sadly. The folk we met were friendly and welcoming. If the kids had different parents who were really of any use to Zambia their experience could be wonderful. Sadly Johnny boy is their father so I worry about them.  I have always hoped that the local women do help Esther out because they see what a  pratt Johnny is. There is also sadly the possibility that Esther is equally as pompous as Johnny therefore not making any real friends among the local women. 

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well I hope this is her last. 

27 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

According to the fundie wiki, baby is here. His name is Daniel, which is interesting, since it's Esther's least fundie brother's name - the one that wanted to help Anna get out when the Ashley Madison scandal hit. 

Also, not surprised he came closer to mid-month. I really don't think they know how to count. 

Wouldn’t it be great if Esther pushed for the name because of what her Brother Daniel offered to do for Anna? It won’t be the reason sadly. 

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What do you think they will do about marrying off their children? Aren’t 2 of them legal adults? Would John be ok with them marrying a person of another race? Will they find other white fundies that live a few hours away from them? Or will they have to ship the adult kids back to the US to find a mate?

This is one area where their social isolation is a benefit as the older Shraders avoid teenage marriage.

• Upvote 4

Facebook posts for anyone who can't access them.  The first is the new baby and the second is John and his wonderful printing equipment.  Like David Rodrigues, he's got the kids doing the assembling.  These fundies love to see their children take over the burdens of their own work.

Spoiler

307429093_Screenshot(11440).png.adb9adcbe8edfd96ce9918e0d64dc9f0.png1999495848_Screenshot(11441).png.b9da066fb05497732aba4d23b88ce4d7.png1867996857_Screenshot(11443).png.cd79fae5a1f605744e87b5ebb60aed5c.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic