IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

John preached at the local Kafue radio station, and he's hoping to have his own Christian radio station some day. I think we all know where that dream is headed. 

Oh Rufus no! He doesn’t need the ego boost. I fear for their children more than most fundy’s children. I still believe the girls will be assigned a husband they won’t meet until days before their wedding. Isn’t Alatheia 18? He’s probably already trying to get her married off. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Oh Rufus no! He doesn’t need the ego boost. I fear for their children more than most fundy’s children. I still believe the girls will be assigned a husband they won’t meet until days before their wedding. Isn’t Alatheia 18? He’s probably already trying to get her married off. 

I worry more about the second daughters. I figure the first daughter is going to be kept around as a second mother/housekeeper, especially if there is only one older girl in a large group of boys. It’s the second girl who is really at risk because she’s less “useful.”

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

I think the girls will be kept around a while because they are major ego boosts for John, along with help for Esther. I see John going the Botkin or Maxwell route with his girls - keeping them around as long as possible to be of service. The boys, though, need to be launched, and they are going to have a rougher time, because there's no way John is properly preparing them for careers. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

It's now 3 days past when John said the baby was due, so we should be getting an update any time I suppose. Hope it goes smoothly for her. Curious what this one's name will be. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

For boys, they usually go with an Old Testament first name plus a misappropriated word from the local language as a middle. Jonathan or Malachi would be my top picks based on their naming style. I would suggest Josiah if they didn’t already have a Joseph (not that that stopped the Duggars). I might have also suggested Joshua, but I don’t think any of the Kellers or Duggars will be using that one for a long time. 

I’m surprised they haven’t named a boy John. He seems like the type who would want a child named after him. 

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, postscript said:

For boys, they usually go with an Old Testament first name plus a misappropriated word from the local language as a middle. Jonathan or Malachi would be my top picks based on their naming style. I would suggest Josiah if they didn’t already have a Joseph (not that that stopped the Duggars). I might have also suggested Joshua, but I don’t think any of the Kellers or Duggars will be using that one for a long time. 

I’m surprised they haven’t named a boy John. He seems like the type who would want a child named after him. 

I was just thinking last night that I was surprised they hadn't named any of their sons John, or even had it as a middle name. I suppose it could be a middle name of one of the older boys, since we don't know all their middle names. 

I also was thinking Josiah was a good name guess. Or Ezekiel. 

• Upvote 5

Information from Zambia - Radio and Television Broadcasting License, WIKIPROCEDURE

The exchange rate today is 15.7 Zambian Kwacha to 1 US Dollar. 

There are substantial fees involved in applying for a license to run a radio station. There is a specific category for religious radio stations, but they do not get a break on fees. 

• Application fee K300,000 ($19,108 US dollars)
  • Construction Permit K750,000 ($47,709 US dollars)
  • Radio Broadcasting License K2 million ($127,224 US dollars)
  • Free-to-Air television or Subscription Television Service K3 million Provider License ($190,836 US dollars)

Total in US Dollars is $384,877

These are the documents that must be provided: 

• A project proposal.
  • A certificate of registration or incorporation if applicable.
  • A map of the coverage area.
  • A list of fixed and movable assets and their cost.
  • A memorandum of Understanding if applicable.
  • A letter confirming whether you will be using your own buildings or renting buildings for your radio or television studios.
  • A certificate from Civil Aviation allowing you to put up a mast.
  • A bank statement proving you have not less than K60 million ($3,816,718) in your account.

Foreign investors are required to partner with Zambians on the basis of 75 / 25 percent shareholding with the Zambian partner(s) holding majority shares.

Of course, had John created lasting relationships with actual Zambians...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

12 hours ago, Giraffe said:

@Howl thanks for the info. I’m happy to know it will never happen for him!

Me too!  We'll see if the radio station that allowed him to preach will have him back.  

Station manager: "We have a regular 30-minute slot open on Sunday evenings, Bro. Shrader. We'd love to have you back."  

John: "I'll take the 3-hour slot on Sunday from 9 am to noon,  and it's apparent that you aren't REALLY saved. Here's a Johns and Romans tract.  Call me to discuss how to be saved the Truthy Biblical Baptist way." 

I wonder if John uses his fake Zambian accent on air. How long can he maintain it? 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/28/2022 at 5:40 AM, NoneIsEnough said:

John preached at the local Kafue radio station, and he's hoping to have his own Christian radio station some day. I think we all know where that dream is headed. 

Right next to the flightless plane.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

I wonder if John uses his fake Zambian accent on air. How long can he maintain it? 

I suspect he has picked up an accent as he's modulated sounds to be understood locally. To the locals his accent is still undoubtedly strongly American; to Americans it sounds like a fake Zambian accent. I would guess he doesn't notice he's doing it - and also guess that people still find him hard to follow at times.

• Upvote 6

No baby yet. Per John today:

To Those Kindly Praying For My Dear Esther,

Thank you so much. We are now 4 days past the "due date," or the guess date as I like to call it. Here in Zambia they call it the E.D.D. (Estimated Date of Delivery).

As those of you that have had children know, this is a very uncomfortable time for the expectant mother who is "great with child," and my darling is more than ready for this little guy to come on, so we wanted to humbly thank those of you that are kindly lifting us up in prayer in this regard.

With our grateful appreciation,

Bro. John Shrader for Esther & The Kids

Kafue, Zambia

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Ah, EDD, the jargon of Zambia alone. 😂 Esther always seems to go “late.” It’s a bit bizarre to me. I wonder how well she actually keeps track of dates and such. Going “late” on your bazillionth child seems odd. 
And of course John doesn’t care at all, as usual. Here’s hoping Esther and babe do well on this birth. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

John (who still seems to be in a manic phase) put up a long, exhausting post about being given money for new printers.  He wants people to specifically know that HE DIDN'T ASK FOR IT -- GOD MADE THIS HAPPEN.  Esther is now overdue with their umpteenth baby and John is practically orgasmic over new printing equipment.  I wonder if the money was even designated for printing.  You know that there are probably household items, clothing for the kids, food, things for the new baby that they need right now.   I'd love to reach through my computer screen and give him a good shake.

He gets a comment about people praying for Esther and the new baby and he finally does reply that it will be very soon.  

Spoiler

1681635330_Screenshot(11394).png.e88d6e184e36ec5bc3a944ae4a32092a.png147222573_Screenshot(11393).png.cee4abc0896353af2f6734e5761a34ed.png2022996519_Screenshot(11395).png.263282b34241768e6b03503ab54fa4f7.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 7

Somewhere in the distance, you can hear the Rodrigueses screaming in jealousy, both st the new printing equipment (though that’s small by David’s standards) and Esther’s continued fertility. 

Does “very soon” imply Esther is in labor, or that she’s actually gotten medical advice this time and might give birth in a hospital? John’s priorities, as usual, are with the new printer rather than his wife and children. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

So John admits that they have printed roughly a gazillion tracts with extremely limited (no) results, making it obvious that printing tracts is a nonstarter for reaching people for the Lord, but now he thinks the new printer is God's way of telling him to continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Someone slap this eejit upside the head! 

Also, that's a very, very nice bookshelf in the background.  Are those encyclopedias in there? 

Anyone who has worked around printers knows that the only way to keep one going is to have a contract with repair people, who show up pretty quickly when the whole thing goes to hell and it will.  If he's having trouble getting someone to repair his old printers, who will take care of this one?

How long has J-Rod been without child? 

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, Howl said:

Also, that's a very, very nice bookshelf in the background.  Are those encyclopedias in there? 

Ahahaha! John and his books! His books are aesthetically pleasing from the exterior, and a source of vanity and pride for John. He likes to wildly inflate the number of books he has in his home. It seems between books and his bad poetry, he attempts to signal he is an “intellectual.”

Scare quotes because it’s John, and he’s not. Many, many moons ago he bragged about having an enormous number of books (2000 maybe?). We’d recently had to approximate the number of books in our household for a back to school questionnaire, and based off his limited tours, he was clearly lying. Somewhere in the archives is a shelfie of mine and some math about how many shelves he’d need if he were even close to accurate.

Slight topic shift, but those books are lovely on the outside. However, I’ve been working on a small project for years — every time I thrift, I scan the bookshelves for fundie information. It’s usually pretty cheap, and I consider taking those books out of circulation to be a public service. The thing is, a lot of those books are beautifully bound with ornate titles and authors. It’s the inner content which truly appalls any thinking reader. 
As always with John, he wants to be revered for the appearance of something (pastor, poet, intellectual) without ever putting in the real work. People could help him in all those areas, but since he’s perfect, he need not ask.

He’s a terrible pastor, an idiot’s version of an intellectual, and an abysmal poet. I suspect he recognizes those facts at times, during his downswings, but his manic periods assure him of his greatness. He’s a pastor son of a pastor with a million kids and submissive wife in Zambia, where his “work” is useless bullshit. John is especially dangerous because he will not truly listen to anyone, with the possible exception of his father. He can’t maintain friendships and can’t grow (or truly establish) his church there, after umpteen years.  He is so certain his version of Christianity is the only one. His only “success” is consistently impregnating Esther. 
What a waste of oxygen.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I still think the baby will come mid month. Esther is always about 2 weeks late, and I really think she just does not know how to date her pregnancies accurately. 

53 minutes ago, Howl said:

How long has J-Rod been without child? 

Four and a half years. Jill is 44 next month, another baby is not happening, thank the gods. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

but his manic periods assure him of his greatness. He’s a pastor...with a million kids and submissive wife in Zambia, where his “work” is useless bullshit. John is especially dangerous because he will not truly listen to anyone, with the possible exception of his father. He can’t maintain friendships and can’t grow (or truly establish) his church there, after umpteen years.  He is so certain his version of Christianity is the only one. His only “success” is consistently impregnating Esther. 
What a waste of oxygen.

This is John in a nutshell.  Bipolar with personality disorder. For the sake of his umpteen kids, I'm glad they are able to put food on the table and have a roof over their heads. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

PSA: Reddit has an AMA with someone who knew the Kellers, including Esther. Anna is the main focus, but the poster alleges Esther cried for three days after learning she’d have to wed John. The poster has been vetted by their mods: 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, apandaaries said:

Ahahaha! John and his books! His books are aesthetically pleasing from the exterior, and a source of vanity and pride for John. He likes to wildly inflate the number of books he has in his home. It seems between books and his bad poetry, he attempts to signal he is an “intellectual.”

John Shrader, may I introduce you to Jeremy Vuolo? Another self-described fundamentalist intellectual who purports to love books and theology, claims to adore his wife and children while treating them abysmally, wheedles large sums of money out of his admirers, and has lots of great ideas but actually accomplishes very little. The two of you can argue about theology for the rest of eternity. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I still think the baby will come mid month. Esther is always about 2 weeks late, and I really think she just does not know how to date her pregnancies accurately. 

One would think that after 13 pregnancies, (A) she would know her typical timing, and (B) the baby would just fall out when it’s ready. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

When I think of John printing thousands of tracts, I weep for the trees.  On top of that, the Shraders don't exactly live in a prosperous area.  Think of the good that could have been done with that money.  There are some local families who live hand to mouth and they could have used food assistance.  I'm sure the schools needs supplies.  But, no.  John spent thousands on his vanity project and didn't care at all about his flock or about his own family.  If there was any justice in this world, John would be on a slow boat back to Texas to be forced to work with his dad.

Frankly, I think Esther's dad ought to have to pay to fly her and those kids back to the US and he ought to buy her a house.  He's the one who forced her to marry John.  I know she's brainwashed but that's the handiwork of Mike and Suzette.  There should be some accountability.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Schools in Zambia are extremely grateful for gifts of paper, pencils and pens. Coloured pencils and pencil sharpeners are always required. Safety scissors for younger children. Note books rulers etc. Same in every African country I’ve been lucky enough to visit. 
Thick white sports socks for football, cricket etc also.  The money wasted on tract paper could have gone along way to helping out classrooms. John has no fucking clue. 
I watched The Mormons are coming - The book of the Mormons at a city theatre yesterday. Brilliant!! I kept in transposing Elder Price for John Shrader. Exactly the same initially minus the ‘uniform’.  Some of the lines spoken by Elder Price will possibly have been uttered by Johnny boy for real. Certainly the white saviour attitude shone through. 
Don’t watch if you are easily offended!!! It’s pure dead brilliant. Very funny but also sad. 

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, apandaaries said:

PSA: Reddit has an AMA with someone who knew the Kellers, including Esther. Anna is the main focus, but the poster alleges Esther cried for three days after learning she’d have to wed John. The poster has been vetted by their mods: 

Read the AMA, well most of it anyway.  If true John is much worse than I thought.  Can't imagine having sex two weeks after giving birth and crying for days after being told you have to marry that POS John Shrader.  Poor Esther.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic