Jump to content
IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

John's post usually all get some likes or hearts, a share or two, and at least one comment, sometimes a lot more, depending on the content, but his "slavery" post has nothing. No reactions, no shares, no comments. 

Not sure what that means, just thought that was interesting. Even his followers don't want to get into that subject matter. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 8:28 PM, SamanthasMom said:

I wonder if he has any plan for when his father’s church no longer supports them. Can he even buy plane tickets for everyone to get home? What kind of work could he do in the US?  

Oh there's lots of work he theoretically could do, but given it would involve following instructions and being accountable it's not likely work that he would do. John wants to be the top dog, with minons waiting adoringly and unquestioningly on his every word - given he is having trouble achieving that even with a language barrier to give him some wiggle interpretation room I can't see him managing to pastor a church in his own culture where people understood the words and subtext. I do think he skates by a bit on his exotic American appearance in Zambia in a way that would not be possible in Texas or the rest of the US. (Appearance is not quite the right word - I mean that some of his behaviour is let go because "oh he's American, they do things differently" in a way it possibly wouldn't be in the US.) 

It will be interesting to see if the Katy church keeps supporting him once his father leaves, and also what will happen once the children all start reaching adulthood - so far they seem to have visas (maybe?) but I can't see all of them sticking around, or being allowed to.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, Xan said:

Frankly, I've never seen anyone like this before.  He must ask people if they've been saved and then he won't take yes for an answer.  They have to be coerced for hours and hours to say exactly the right words and, even then, they have to be willing to be at every service and be willing to convince other people to come along.  Then again, this is someone who re-wrote hymns because they didn't exactly stick to John's brand of Christianity.  He's a whackadoodle.  

How many of his converts does he claim have stuck with it? Even by his own reckoning he hasn’t converted a single soul, right?

  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John has a very self-righteous post up about losing friends over his insistence that people truly repent to be saved.  I'm surprised that he has any friends left at this point.

Spoiler

410467669_Screenshot(11172).png.143567706576f09d3e6548c164b98d96.png

He also posts about the new baby arriving in a couple of weeks.  It's a boy.  Wow -- I can't believe it's already due.

Spoiler

806174424_Screenshot(11173).png.63b45b2b73ac32d29253d3d37305c578.png

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John will never truly repent of his arrogance and lack of heart, empathy, kindness.  He's a sad human being. Occasionally he gets so close to realizing that he's a total dick, and then he's off on one of his regular tangents.  He doesn't seem concerned that he's totally alienating his fellow humans. 

I didn't realize that Esther was pregnant again.  If they know it's a boy, at least she is getting some prenatal care.  I'd guess she could crank out a few more before it's all over.  13 kids.  Jeeeeze. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 kids, 9 boys and 4 girls? They have so much in common with the Rodrigui, who also have 13 kids, 9 girls and 3 boys! They’re reverse twinsies, just like the Rodrigui and the Hills! According to Jill, that’s enough to qualify them as potential marriage material. 

What is a “Spiritually blessed” delivery? Does God personally endow John with a Bible verse for the new offspring? 

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Howl said:

John will never truly repent of his arrogance and lack of heart, empathy, kindness.  He's a sad human being. Occasionally he gets so close to realizing that he's a total dick, and then he's off on one of his regular tangents.  He doesn't seem concerned that he's totally alienating his fellow humans. 

I didn't realize that Esther was pregnant again.  If they know it's a boy, at least she is getting some prenatal care.  I'd guess she could crank out a few more before it's all over.  13 kids.  Jeeeeze. 

Esther is in her early 40s. She might have one chance left after this one.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Esther is in her early 40s. She might have one chance left after this one.

I severely and sincerely hope not. Poor Esther. 

18 hours ago, Xan said:

John has a very self-righteous post up about losing friends over his insistence that people truly repent to be saved.  I'm surprised that he has any friends left at this point.

  Reveal hidden contents

410467669_Screenshot(11172).png.143567706576f09d3e6548c164b98d96.png

He also posts about the new baby arriving in a couple of weeks.  It's a boy.  Wow -- I can't believe it's already due.

  Reveal hidden contents

806174424_Screenshot(11173).png.63b45b2b73ac32d29253d3d37305c578.png

 

He is possibly heading for a downer and his bed again. Hope not for Esther’s sake. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Esther's mom concieved at 42 and gave birth at 43. Esther is 41 now. She could definitely have one more, but hopefully, since her spacing has increased with the last few pregnancies, she will run out the clock. 

He says Esther is due in about 2 weeks, but Esther usually goes late. I'm thinking a mid October birth. 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always wonder how desperately (even if only in their own heads) some of these women are hoping menopause comes soon.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John's doing a live video about how God has blessed his life.  He is so manic right now.  Everything good is because of God.  They've just gotten the okay to buy some land and, miraculously, the sellers asked for exactly the amount that John's dad sent.  It doesn't seem to occur to John that the people selling the land found how how much John was given -- maybe through people at the local bank.  He talked about the plane that they had earlier.  A donor wrote the check for the plane but, when they got to Zambia, they found that the plane was very old and had been on the ground for ten years.  Recently, someone offered to buy the plane, fix it up, and use it to help John's ministry.

Like David Rodrigues, John is bragging on how many tracts he's printed.  He wrote a new one recently.  He's given out over a million pages and he's currently still going out delivering tracts.

Good grief.  He's still talking.  I now understand how he preaches for two or three hours at a time.  He barely stops for breath.  He's also come across the fact that he doesn't have many saved souls to brag about because he wants "true" believers, not just people confessing sins under pressure.  He's not "naming names" he says but some preachers aren't making sure that their people are really saved.

Within two to three weeks they're hoping to begin excavating dirt on the new land so they can build a new house for the family.  They're going to use the money from the sold plane to help build the house.  He wants to put up a house, a church, a building for "training men", and a print shop.  He repeats several times that God sent the money -- not that he asked for money.  If he asks for money, then God doesn't get the glory apparently.  Now they have land and money for some of the building because he and the Zambians prayed it into existence.

He keeps saying he's wrapping up but now he's onto some scripture passages and his interpretation of them.  I'm turning him off now.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I do get the feeling that the locals are just laughing at him. Hopefully they are being nice to Esther. 

I do too.  His dad's church sent him a check and the amount needed for the land was the exact amount "to the penny" that his dad sent.  John is such a gullible sucker.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all seriousness I hope (probably pointlessly) that all of the kids of both the Shraders and the Rods get out of fundamentalism.  So that said, the other day in the Rod thread when we were discussing Tim needing to find a wife who already had access to a plane I did think about Alatheia... isn't she close to 18 now?  Hopefully the poor girl has better prospects than a Rod boy, though. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Xan said:

He wants to put up a house, a church, a building for "training men", and a print shop.

This again?  At least he's let go of of "da plane da plane!", chicken ranching, a seminary, a library for the seminary and what other manic schemes he's come up with in between repeatedly impregnating his wife.  

My usual disclaimer that I'm not a psychiatrist and don't play one on TV,  but John's inability to see people as saved rises from a personality disorder, and his (literally) "more holy than thou" Biblical Baptist theology is simply used as cover for that. 

My sense is that John can get scary ugly angry and aggressive when crossed or called out, and that's the point where people become alienated and leave. 

I strongly suspect it's somehow tied into his manic cycles, but hard to say from a distance. It would be fascinating to interview various people who have bailed out of his orbit to learn of their experience.  Some of the early leavers vented about John on Facebook pages and that was very interesting. 

John could never hold down a job; Ozlsn is exactly right: 

On 8/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, Ozlsn said:

Oh there's lots of work he theoretically could do, but given it would involve following instructions and being accountable it's not likely work that he would do. John wants to be the top dog, with minons waiting adoringly and unquestioningly on his every word

I can't believe they are STILL in Zambia and haven't been arrested and kicked out. 

Who knows what will happen to the kids. They live in the bubble of homeschool  and really only know how to socialize with their siblings; my sense is that Zambians are seen only as targets for evangelizing and not really peers or as people worthy of relationships. 

There doesn't seem to be any concept of developing interests leading to a profession with the boys, outside of what their dad is doing.  The kids would be lost trying to live in the US. The next 10 to 15 years will be interesting and not in a good way.  

  

 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I always wonder how desperately (even if only in their own heads) some of these women are hoping menopause comes soon.

My great-grandmother also had 14 children, the last when she was 43 or 44. The family story about why my great-uncle was the last is that after the delivery the midwife said "I don't know if you're interested, but there's this new thing called a (drops voice, looks around quickly) diaphragm* which stops you getting pregnant..." and my great-grandmother said "how soon can you get me one?" This was in rural Australia in the early 20th century, and at that point my great-grandmother had been breastfeeding or pregnant since she was 17. She would almost certainly have had at least one or two more - the spacing between 13 and 14 is the same as the spacing between the earlier ones, and with only one set of twins.

It must be taking a huge toll on Esther's body - my grandma's memory of her mum's legs was of massive varicose veins - and this was on a farm woman who was active through all her pregnancies.

*there was probably a local name for it but I've forgotten it, and yes it wasn't new technology per se but reliable ones (rubber) in that region were.

  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 6:28 AM, SamanthasMom said:

I wonder if he has any plan for when his father’s church no longer supports them. Can he even buy plane tickets for everyone to get home? What kind of work could he do in the US?  

I rarely come to Shraderville but stop by time from time. I keep hoping Shraders end up like the Lockwood family. All of the sudden they are back in California and no word as to why they were no longer in CA Mexico. They got a house, joined a home school coop/school and Daniel got a pay8ng job. Many years later we still don't know what happened to make the Lockwoods move back to the states but the kids seem to be ok and going to fundie colleges, getting married and working. This is my hope for the Shrader clan. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, Ozlsn said:

My great-grandmother also had 14 children, the last when she was 43 or 44. The family story about why my great-uncle was the last is that after the delivery the midwife said "I don't know if you're interested, but there's this new thing called a (drops voice, looks around quickly) diaphragm* which stops you getting pregnant..." and my great-grandmother said "how soon can you get me one?" This was in rural Australia in the early 20th century, and at that point my great-grandmother had been breastfeeding or pregnant since she was 17. She would almost certainly have had at least one or two more - the spacing between 13 and 14 is the same as the spacing between the earlier ones, and with only one set of twins.

It must be taking a huge toll on Esther's body - my grandma's memory of her mum's legs was of massive varicose veins - and this was on a farm woman who was active through all her pregnancies.

*there was probably a local name for it but I've forgotten it, and yes it wasn't new technology per se but reliable ones (rubber) in that region were.

It may have been called a Dutch cap. I think it was called both diaphragm and Dutch cap. 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It may have been called a Dutch cap. I think it was called both diaphragm and Dutch cap. 

Also a pessary. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

They got a house, joined a home school coop/school and Daniel got a pay8ng job. Many years later we still don't know what happened to make the Lockwoods move back to the states but the kids seem to be ok and going to fundie colleges, getting married and working.

I'm fairly certain that the Lockwoods vacated Mexico due to sexual indiscretion on Daniel's part. I can't think of anything else that would have caused the anguish that Jaynee experienced and the entire family being expelled on zero notice.  

The Shraders have done zero to appropriately socialize their kids; the sons likely don't have any ambitions beyond being carbon copies of their dad.  I'll guess that the home school "education" has been pathetic; I don't think Bro. John has ever mentioned it. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm fairly certain that the Lockwoods vacated Mexico due to sexual indiscretion on Daniel's part. I can't think of anything else that would have caused the anguish that Jaynee experienced and the entire family being expelled on zero notice.  

The Shraders have done zero to appropriately socialize their kids; the sons likely don't have any ambitions beyond being carbon copies of their dad.  I'll guess that the home school "education" has been pathetic; I don't think Bro. John has ever mentioned it. 

I bet the same thing with the Lockwoods. 

Re the Shraders - that is what amazes me about these homeschooling fundies. They want all the kids to be an army for Jesus and take over and be the light to the world but they give them zero education to do any of it. I bet some of the kids (all fundies not just Shraders) don't even have the education to work at Wendy's or Speedway/WaWa/<insert gas station/convivence store name here>. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I bet the same thing with the Lockwoods. 

Re the Shraders - that is what amazes me about these homeschooling fundies. They want all the kids to be an army for Jesus and take over and be the light to the world but they give them zero education to do any of it. I bet some of the kids (all fundies not just Shraders) don't even have the education to work at Wendy's or Speedway/WaWa/<insert gas station/convivence store name here>. 

Whether or not they could do the job, I highly doubt these fundie parents want their special children exposed to the likes of every day people. And (((gasp))) what if they have a female boss????  

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John preached at the local Kafue radio station, and he's hoping to have his own Christian radio station some day. I think we all know where that dream is headed. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Scrabblemaster

      Scrabblemaster

      I would have loved to start my jogging journey again but is cloudy and rainy and a little bit snowy. Damn it. Maybe I will start nevertheless. When I start in shitty weather I might continue in good weather.
      · 2 replies
    • indianabones

      indianabones

      While I may love cross country skiing, my tailbone does not.
      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      words of wisdom

      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      I joined for the snark and stayed for the insight.
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      Disgusted with Catholic Church over Cardinal Pell's funeral this week. It really reflects poorly on the church and should be a red flag to Catholics.
      · 0 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      I've been away since about 10 PM on Monday evening.  My husband noticed that my speech was a bit slurred, called my daughter to see if she concurred and they both agreed that I needed to go to the hospital.  There I was taken back within minutes to be evaluated for a stroke.   My BP was sky-high. I. undressed and was helped into a hospital gown.  The PureWick did not work that night so when I had to go I just went.  (I do want a PureWick if I ever get urinary stress incontenence though and would need to wear diapers.). 
      I had a CT scan fairly early the next morning and it confirmed that I'd sufffered a mild stroke,  I had an MRI that afternoon which confirmed the both the mild stroke and no other damage and yet I had another CT scan -this time with a contrast medium injected.  I was allowed the Heart Healthy diet and my BP had dropped to 180/100.  They don'y want to drop the BP too rapidly so it has dropped enough to turn to Lisinipril to drop it further.
      After the ER. I was sent to the ICU and stayed until I was discharged this afternoon.  The staff were all really nice and my husband and two daughters were with me most of the time, helping out.  My oldest daughter's van was in the shop so I let her borrow the MINI since I knew she could drive a stick.  When she was visiting yesterday afternoon, her husband was in the ER waiting on a CT can and today, she was there when the speech pathologist was visiting.  She was able to get some good advice from her as her husband is currently unable to swallow.
      Anyway I'm home.  My dogs and the cat to see me home, especially my dachsie, were happy to see me home.
      A couple of things I learned:
      I need to teach my husband about loading the dishwasher.
      and 
      Jill would never be able to handle bedpans.
      · 11 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Fornicate.  Six more weeks of winter according to Phil.
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      Currently obsessed with Laura Mvula, a musical genius
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I highly recommend Not the Good Girl's Youtube channel. She is making great documentaries about cults.
      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Ohh jeeze, GrandBerry6 just came to me, snuggled his face in my neck and barfed, all over me. In my neck, in my hair, on my face, down inside my nightie all over the front of my nightie. Ohh FUCK! Bath, washed hair, cleaned sofa. Good times, good times.
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.