IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

On 10/10/2022 at 5:31 PM, Xan said:

It seems to have been helped along by that guy and his wife who are joining the Shraders this coming spring.

Anybody got the over/under on how long that guy and his wife will last?  A week? Two months? 

Good grief, he is flogging those tracts at a FUNERAL...

Also, 9 lbs is a BIG baby.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I think it might be a better gig than living in the pop-up camper here. 

I think they have a much better standard of living in Zambia than they would in the US. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, JMO said:

How old is Esther? And I'd be interested in their courtship story if anyone can dig it up.

41. But I don’t have the courtship story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I forgot to give Daniel a piece of advice - when you grow up, kid, if you are ever in a laundromat and a woman with straggly hair extensions, pounds of eyeliner and a dress as tight as a rubber band approaches you with tracts . . . run!

• Haha 31

6 hours ago, JMO said:

How old is Esther? And I'd be interested in their courtship story if anyone can dig it up.

As far as I know, there isn't a courtship story.  John's father was trying to get his troublesome son, John, married off.  He had a talk with Esther's dad who decided that this would be a good match.  (It seems to me that most of the diehard fundies know each other or know about each other.  That's how they keep marrying their kids off to safe spouses.)  Rumor (don't know if it's true) is that Esther cried for three days after learning that she was to marry John.  For his part, John love-bombed Esther in order to get her to agree.

Nobody comes out well in the story -- particularly Mike Keller.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

Mike Keller really has made some piss poor matches for his daughters.

Esther and John: terrible match for Esther. Great match for John. 

Rebekah and Josh McDonald: divorced

Anna and Josh Duggar: horrible match for Anna as we all know.

Pris and Pecan: Seems to be the best match he made. But I still think it’s not a good match. Mostly because I think Pris is probably easily controlled and Pecan comes off as a controlling person in general. So Pris would never get out of the marriage even if she wanted to. She’s stuck with him forever. 

Rebekah then made her own match and she married a millionaire. So she obviously did better for herself than her father. 

Susanna: matched for herself and she seems happy enough. I hope she is finally happy after what she had to go through being an unmarried mother surrounded by judgmental fundies. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Pris and Pecan: Seems to be the best match he made. But I still think it’s not a good match. Mostly because I think Pris is probably easily controlled and Pecan comes off as a controlling person in general. So Pris would never get out of the marriage even if she wanted to. She’s stuck with him forever. 

It says a lot about Pa Keller and his feeling for his children that "a marriage that may not be as monstrous as the others . . . as far as we know" is the high point.

Talk about a low bar.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Why do I get the feeling that the reason they changed midwives from the last birth is because they didn't pay her, and the Lord miraculously providing an experienced midwife means she's a congregation member who is about to be ripped off?

Good luck Daniel, you're going to need it.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:58 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What do you think they will do about marrying off their children? Aren’t 2 of them legal adults? Would John be ok with them marrying a person of another race? Will they find other white fundies that live a few hours away from them? Or will they have to ship the adult kids back to the US to find a mate?

I think they'll either find other KJV-only missionaries in the region or ship them back to the US to marry approved spouses vetted by his parents. I cannot see John being willing for his children to marry anyone other than white KJV-only fundies at all, and even then they'd have to be the "correct" KJV-only and preferably suck up to John as the fount of all wisdom.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Is it wrong that I’d really like to see Enoch Shrader and Renee Rodrigues get together? Only because I’d love to see John and Jill as in-laws. Imagine that wedding.
An added bonus would be if the two of them broke free and we got to witness the epic meltdowns we all know would come from their parents. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Is it wrong that I’d really like to see Enoch Shrader and Renee Rodrigues get together? Only because I’d love to see John and Jill as in-laws. Imagine that wedding.
An added bonus would be if the two of them broke free and we got to witness the epic meltdowns we all know would come from their parents. 

I’m trying to decide. Which would cause more of a fuss between Jill and John? Enoch and Renee or Alethea and Phillip. I’m thinking Alethea and Phillip. Because she would have to move to the US and that would really bother John. And any girl marrying one of Jill’s boys will be an issue. Since she will be the mother in law from hell to any daughter in law. On second thought. I don’t want to put poor Alethea through that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m thinking Alethea and Phillip. Because she would have to move to the US and that would really bother John.

Not if they move to Hungary! Which could be kind of awesome in a weird, car crash kind of way. Alethea would probably have some language skills, even if the languages are totally unrelated. Phillip has no skills but below average preaching, but she'd be used to that from John. They'd be 6 hours time difference from Jill, and 9 hours flight time from John! This could be a match made in heaven, especially if they converted to Catholicism, heh.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m trying to decide. Which would cause more of a fuss between Jill and John? Enoch and Renee or Alethea and Phillip. I’m thinking Alethea and Phillip. Because she would have to move to the US and that would really bother John. And any girl marrying one of Jill’s boys will be an issue. Since she will be the mother in law from hell to any daughter in law. On second thought. I don’t want to put poor Alethea through that. 

Better a Schrader girl move to the US and deal with Jill than one of the Rodrigues girls move to Zambia and have to deal with John. It would be basically illegal for them to go to Zambia and stay, but it wouldn’t stop them. Not to mention the giant culture shock and isolation

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

17 hours ago, Xan said:

As far as I know, there isn't a courtship story.  John's father was trying to get his troublesome son, John, married off.  He had a talk with Esther's dad who decided that this would be a good match

So Keller married at least 2 of his submissive daughters to troublemakers. Why? Esther and Anna were pretty, young and "godly". They could have easily find an nice fundie guy. Keller wanted those marriages for his own good, taking advantage of the inlaws connections. It's infuriating.

I think Rebecca's marriage was also arranged, but she was lucky because her husband didn't agree with Gothard and they soon started using BC and doing their own way (children at school, helping Susanna etc). They eventually divorced, but I don't see as a fail. Better a divorce than an unhappy marriage.

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

So Keller married at least 2 of his submissive daughters to troublemakers. Why? Esther and Anna were pretty, young and "godly". They could have easily find an nice fundie guy. Keller wanted those marriages for his own good, taking advantage of the inlaws connections. It's infuriating.

I think Rebecca's marriage was also arranged, but she was lucky because her husband didn't agree with Gothard and they soon started using BC and doing their own way (children at school, helping Susanna etc). They eventually divorced, but I don't see as a fail. Better a divorce than an unhappy marriage.

Oh I agree it’s better to divorce. But Pa obviously didn’t choose well if they became heathens using birth control and divorcing. I bet that bothered him but he can’t show it since she’s married a millionaire. You can’t shun your daughter if she’s married to a millionaire Pa Keller 😝

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

John posted a video.  He's praying about getting a radio station.  He emphasizes that he's not praying about money -- he just wants the listeners to pray for souls to be saved and workers to be sent to help save those souls.  He does manage to mention that Daniel is doing well and so is Esther.  They're without power and the electricity will be out the entire next day.  Instead of saving his phone battery, he uses it for over seven minutes to film himself blathering on and then presumably spends time posting it to Facebook.  He's always in search of an audience.

Spoiler

3071841_Screenshot(11487).png.34d3a868bff934588f723afca26aac44.png

He spends a little time bad-mouthing other religions in the area and Christians who don't believe the same things that he does.  John's way is the only way.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 7

I’m surprised he could stop himself at 7 minutes. He is definitely a man in love with his own voice.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I think he filmed in the dark to prove what a sacrificial life he's living in 'deepest, darkest, Africa'.  See, we have no power, do you people know what I put up with to serve the lord and save 3 souls per decade*! 

I guess he can talk about Esther and the baby since his new fancy printer is out of commission while the power is out. 

*I'm being generous

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

John's on an upswing again. 

A recent post:

Its amazing to me, that today you can preach exactly what Jesus and the Apostles did... using the very Words they did (as found in the Precious Preserved Bible)...to lost people like they did...and be considered and called a heretic preaching "another gospel"...by people that call themselves "Baptists" no less...

Then you verify that Message using the Old Testament prophets...

Quote those very verses to these people...

And they still get upset, disagree & accuse.

I'm just scratching and shaking my head here in Zambia to be honest.

Bro. John

I'm going to guess, John, that it's not the words themselves turning people off, but your interpretation and approach. Just a hunch...

Under that post, one person suggested that John try and speak to the person. 

Comment - Dialogue with them and ask exactly what you said that they think is heresy, let them expose themseles?

John's response - I've tried. No go. They don't want to discuss. I tried that in an email to a pastor this week. His response? That I was calling him a Pharisee. I did no such thing, but it didn't matter.

Same thing 7+ years ago. I tried to have a dialog, but the response was literally..."there can be no discussion."

Also another peron asked about the difference between Independent Baptists and Biblical Baptists

His response:

Thanks for asking. Independent means exactly that. Independent (supposedly) of any hierarchy or denominational centralized control. There has been a lot of changes in this group, some pretty major disagreements and departures from clear Bible Doctrine, but still falls under "Independent".

Because of that, we have started using the identifier of "Historic Biblical Baptist". We are very serious about staying with exactly what the Bible says, teaches, etc. Not following men, groups, individuals, etc.

Hope that helps clarify a bit! It can all be a little confusing and even discouraging, but let's just stick with the Words of The Living God!

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 5

Is this "Historic Biblical Baptist" a real thing, or did Johnny Boy make it up? I'd like to know who "we" are?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

So John is romping around causing discord in deepest darkest Africa because a (probably) educated pastor is disagreeing with him? John hates to be told no.  Poor Esther, a new baby to cope with along side the lumping great ignorant narcissistic baby she was unfortunately married off to by her creepy father. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

All I can find is a reference to certain positions of the SBC being referenced as historical, biblical Baptist.  That's probably where John got the phrase to co-opt.  I also ran into their ridiculous belief that they are not an offshoot of protestantism.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic